Home

NCAA13 demo catching animations

This is a discussion on NCAA13 demo catching animations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
NCAA13 demo catching animations

how is everyone enjoying the new catching animations? what adjustments have you had to make from the way you previously played the game? what buttons are you guys pushing to trigger different animations? have you been able to effectively box out a DB and win a jump ball? if so is it all positioning or is there a button to "box out"?

i personally love them to see my receiver turn around on his own and play the ball at its highest point actually keeps me from switching onto them just to see if they will do it every time. i used to have to run my receiver in a horse shoe type pattern to get them to jump and now i find that doing this actually stops me from catching the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA13 demo catching animations

The animations are definitely better. It's nice to actually see the receiver go up for the ball at its highest point while running.

However, I can see a lot of people user catching like crazy this year
Old 06-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

Others have said this too, but my favorite part of the demo is throwing passes that I would never have even attempted in previous NCAA games. That alone makes me pretty happy.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
The animations are definitely better. It's nice to actually see the receiver go up for the ball at its highest point while running.

However, I can see a lot of people user catching like crazy this year
All I used to do is USER catch, but this year I might let the CPU do more catching to maybe see some more animations.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
Rookie

newbsrus22's Arena

OVR: 1

User catching isn't a bad thing! I feel like it takes more skill to make users in this game then in past years but that could just be me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #6
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
All I used to do is USER catch, but this year I might let the CPU do more catching to maybe see some more animations.
idk. Seems to me that you get a wider variety of animations with user catches. Plus it seems to drastically increase your odds of catching the ball. Just my opinion. Either way, it's definitely an improvement. Atleast WRs go up for the ball now. DBs actually do too. No more stupid rocket catches
Old 06-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

while i do think that user catching does give u an advantage i believe the advantage isnt as big this year because of how well the CPU plays the ball on both O and D.

i was really surprised to see a CPU CB jump an out route and take it to the house. i wasnt mad at all actually was happy to see them make such a realistic play.

when this is mixed with the infinity engine in madden we should see a very improved game on the field.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's nice to actually see the receiver go up for the ball at its highest point while running.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »