Home

What kind of call is this???

This is a discussion on What kind of call is this??? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
Rookie

ZOMB13AUTOPILOT's Arena

OVR: 1
Icon11 What kind of call is this???

So, I'm playing a game in my Cardinals franchise against the Diamondbacks and it's tied 1-1 in the 8th inning. I had a double to lead off the inning and that brings up Matt Holliday. He hits this and as soon as I hit it, I just sat the controller down waiting for the homerun cut scene and low and behold Holliday is standing on second base...I was, for lack of a better word, flabbergasted lol. This should have been a HR in my opinion. What do you guys think? It was called a Ground Rule Double.

NFL: Minnesota Vikings

NBA: Chicago Bulls

NCAA: Arkansas Razorbacks

Last edited by ZOMB13AUTOPILOT; 06-10-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: What kind of call is this???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMB13AUTOPILOT
So, I'm playing a game in my Cardinals franchise against the Diamondbacks and it's tied 1-1 in the 8th inning. I had a double to lead off the inning and that brings up Matt Holliday. He hits this and as soon as I hit it, I just sat the controller down waiting for the homerun cut scene and low and behold Holliday is standing on second base...I was, for lack of a better word, flabbergasted lol. This should have been a HR in my opinion. What do you guys think? It was called a Ground Rule Double.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4tVZPO-W5Y&feature=plcp
I know it sounds weird, but I do think it's a grd! I had one like this in the hrd, and I was like wtf? But if you look closely, that where the yellow line would/should be! I'm not sure if it's like that irl, but on the game it is!
Old 06-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMB13AUTOPILOT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4tVZPO-W5Y&feature=plcp
That IS a home run. Chase Field's ground rules have anything over or off of that little section is a home run. The home run "line" goes along that top deck and then straight down to the left field wall. Anything left of it and over it is a home run.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
Rookie

ZOMB13AUTOPILOT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
That IS a home run. Chase Field's ground rules have anything over or off of that little section is a home run. The home run "line" goes along that top deck and then straight down to the left field wall. Anything left of it and over it is a home run.
That was my thinking when I saw it as well. I'll just have to deal with the call. No huge deal. Just kind of a wacky ballpark anyways..

Old 06-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Yeah, they just don't have the Ground Rules implemented properly... if they don't have the HR line set as it should be (and they aren't displayed) -- without ground rules it WOULD be a ground-rule double. As you state though, if the rules were implemented correctly - its a HR.

So by the ground rules in The Show, it'd be a correct call -- just not in a RL game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

The game recognized that the yellow line goes under that deck and the ball never went over the yellow line in the video. That sucks that it happened.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
Rookie

ZOMB13AUTOPILOT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrafice
The game recognized that the yellow line goes under that deck and the ball never went over the yellow line in the video. That sucks that it happened.
Yea it's cool. I won 2-1 anyway. Just thought it was a crazy call and wanted some other people to see it.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Homerun.
No doubt.
There are a few spots in just about every stadium that are sort of "Bermuda Triangles".
There are fewer than ever...but they are still there.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »