Home

cpu ever score legitimately?

This is a discussion on cpu ever score legitimately? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Banned

thuglife74's Arena

OVR: 4
cpu ever score legitimately?

i consider myself a good defender in this stupid game, but umm... the only way the cpu ever scores on me is through up & unders, contested 3's that seem to gin seamlessly, perfectly contested jumpers at the buzzer and fast breaks where the cpu "decides" that they're going to score - either going for the baseline jumper (nash over howard wtf), the lay up or dunk without an open lane in sight, or the ai just makes my guy JOG down the court while his man super duper cpu turbos.

i'm venting, but does anyone else feel this way? i never feel like i'm playing against players, it's always 'outsmart and outplay the cpu'

for 2k13 there needs to be a 'undo' button. if the cpu bulls***s you, you can undo it. god d***it 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #2
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: cpu ever score legitimately?

What difficulty are you playing on? And which slider set are you using?
Old 06-12-2012, 04:10 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

I can hold my own online, but can rarely win on even PRO against the CPU.

It's flat out ridiculous. They waste all 24 seconds on every shot clock, and then make the shot at the shot clock buzzer 85% of the time. And when they miss? Offensive rebound. 24 more seconds gone, and then a contested 3 by someone that can't shoot. Yesterday I had Andrew Bogut knock down a 3 on me. Playing Steph Curry is an absolute nightmare. He pours in 30+ and misses only 0-1 shot per game. It's absolutely insane.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 12

I have some of the same issues in my player mode what I found is that you have to link stops together if they start scoring and get momentum its over for you. And there are some games in the season where your not going to win great.d or not but even in those games the computer will show a weakness and you can come.back with super strong play no turnovers and making all shots
Old 06-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 21

Turn up your Offensive/Defensive Awareness, and turn down the cpu's Offensive/Defensive Awareness is the easiest tweak I've found to tuning the gameplay to taste. Problem solved.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Turn up your Offensive/Defensive Awareness, and turn down the cpu's Offensive/Defensive Awareness is the easiest tweak I've found to tuning the gameplay to taste. Problem solved.
Not really I have yet to see any roster, or slider or any difficulty (Even Rookie) fix the up and unders. Lol Like I always say When the cpu HAS to make a play Trust me, they'll find a way.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
Banned

thuglife74's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
What difficulty are you playing on? And which slider set are you using?
i play on all star, all sliders at 50 except clutch factor which is set @ zero. i can't imagine how much bs must happen on HOF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoItage
It's flat out ridiculous. They waste all 24 seconds on every shot clock, and then make the shot at the shot clock buzzer 85% of the time. And when they miss? Offensive rebound. 24 more seconds gone, and then a contested 3 by someone that can't shoot. Yesterday I had Andrew Bogut knock down a 3 on me. Playing Steph Curry is an absolute nightmare. He pours in 30+ and misses only 0-1 shot per game. It's absolutely insane.
yes! i'll play perfect d the whole possession against them, contest their prayer perfectly and WHAM - all net. w-t-f...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareem434
I have some of the same issues in my player mode what I found is that you have to link stops together if they start scoring and get momentum its over for you. And there are some games in the season where your not going to win great.d or not but even in those games the computer will show a weakness and you can come.back with super strong play no turnovers and making all shots

you're actually right - i don't call timeouts when i should. mainly because i'm kicking something and cursing this game out when the bs happens. i don't mind losing, but not when it's BS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
sounds a little unfair - and with the cpu awareness down, they prob won't see open men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermark
Lol Like I always say When the cpu HAS to make a play Trust me, they'll find a way.
couldn't have said it better myself. it's like if you miss in the paint, they're running a train on you and you don't have a choice.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuglife74
i play on all star, all sliders at 50 except clutch factor which is set @ zero. i can't imagine how much bs must happen on HOF.

yes! i'll play perfect d the whole possession against them, contest their prayer perfectly and WHAM - all net. w-t-f...

you're actually right - i don't call timeouts when i should. mainly because i'm kicking something and cursing this game out when the bs happens. i don't mind losing, but not when it's BS!

sounds a little unfair - and with the cpu awareness down, they prob won't see open men.

couldn't have said it better myself. it's like if you miss in the paint, they're running a train on you and you don't have a choice.
No offense, but why do you think the sliders are there in the first place? Seems like a case of misplaced pride. I used to be that way; getting a sense of accomplishment in trying to beat a game on it's hardest setting w/o adjustments. Until I asked myself why the hell I was purposely choosing to frustrate myself. Outside of trying to get difficulty-based achievements, it makes no sense to not tune [any game] to your liking.

You feel cheated by the cpu, but feel it's "unfair" to adjust/tweak what the cpu is capable of to make for a less frustrating experience...? It's not like the cpu doesn't know what you're doing at any given time. It has to be dumbed down in such a way to give you illusion it doesn't.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »