Home

Starting Pitchers Innings

This is a discussion on Starting Pitchers Innings within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Starting Pitchers Innings

Thanks to some great posts here I have tuned the game to the point where I think it's one of the best, if not the best, baseball game I have ever played.
But I still have one issue and it involves the average innings my Starting pitchers are lasting in games. Some Background:

I play as the Texas Rangers on All Star with TNK - 2012 Realism Sliders. I use classic pitching.

I am in my franchise and I am in late April so far and some quick math has my SP's going an average of about 5 innings per start before they get too tired because they have thrown too many pitches, which is about 80 to 100 on average thru 5 to 6 innings. Naturally I chalk this up to the CPU taking waay too many close pitches, leadng to too many deep counts, because it's not like my pitchers are performing poorly because the team ERA is 3.97. My SP's are have a 4-4 Won/Loss record so far with 10 no decisions which I think is a bit too high? Reason being of course I have had many games decided after 5 innings.
I have wondered if my SP's stamina will increase as the season moves along, as it should in real life? Also, should I be adjusting my sliders for Stamina or the CPU so that they will help me on pitch count?
Thanks!

csavage
Bubba Blue (Mykelti Williamson) Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sautee it. There's, um, shrimp kebabs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp and lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich... That's, that's about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Starting Pitchers Innings

How many games have you played?

Either way, after about 70 games, I bumped Human Starter Stamina to 6 for this very reason. My overall IP was going to be slightly low without the bump.

If you feel like you've played enough games, I can attest that this change is very subtle and did exactly what I had hoped, so don't hesitate about trying it. You'll still get smoked and your overall ERA probably won't change too much assuming you play to the same success after making the change.

If IP is your only issue, and you are nervous about bumping the slider impacting your other stats; don't.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

I find this a bit weird. I also play with TNK's sliders on all-star and my pitchers last a bit too long I think. Then again I don't use the "timing pitching" aspect of his sliders, so maybe that is the difference..
Old 06-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
How many games have you played?

Either way, after about 70 games, I bumped Human Starter Stamina to 6 for this very reason. My overall IP was going to be slightly low without the bump.

If you feel like you've played enough games, I can attest that this change is very subtle and did exactly what I had hoped, so don't hesitate about trying it. You'll still get smoked and your overall ERA probably won't change too much assuming you play to the same success after making the change.

If IP is your only issue, and you are nervous about bumping the slider impacting your other stats; don't.
I'm up to about 20 games.
Bubba Blue (Mykelti Williamson) Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sautee it. There's, um, shrimp kebabs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp and lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich... That's, that's about it.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2
Talking Re: Starting Pitchers Innings

In my playing time, I feel that the Human and Computer Starter Stamina Slider is best set for 7, while Reliever Stamina is best set to 4. You will see excellent results with these Sliders. I pitch on Veteran Level and my pitching interface is Classic. Have Fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

One thing you can look at is the Strike Frequency. This measures your pitchers aggression. I find that raising the Strike Frequency lowers the number of pitches per batter, thus lowering his total count over nine innings, thus increasing his stamina without "increasing Stamina".
Old 06-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I bumped Human Starter Stamina to 6 for this very reason
Old 06-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 20

6? Wow, I have starter stamina at 9. Game I played today Verlander went 7.2 on 127 pitches. Got the "Verlander is getting tired" around 110 pitches. Have CPU starter stamina at 9, too. Guys without Verlander-esk stamina get tired around 100. No idea how guys can play with it lower.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »