Home

Pitch Speed in Vita compared to PS3 is broken...

This is a discussion on Pitch Speed in Vita compared to PS3 is broken... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
Rookie

nathan118's Arena

OVR: 10
Pitch Speed in Vita compared to PS3 is broken...

I've played the Vita for about 30+ games, and I've got my pitch speed set at 1 or 2...works good for me.

So I go to play my season on my PS3 today...and I can't get a similar speed on the PS3. Even at 0 it's way faster than my Vita at 2.

Maybe I need to get "used" to it...but I really shouldn't have to. I should be able to jump into the PS3 version and have it feel nearly identical to the Vita. Either the pitch speeds between the systems need to be matched better, or there needs to be a LOT more effect from changing the pitch speed slider on the PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 04:27 AM   #2
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Pitch Speed in Vita compared to PS3 is broken...

I may be wrong, but I think it's not the pitch speed that makes hitting feel different on Vita and on PS3. For me, it's harder to hit on Vita even when I set the pitch speed slower, since the reduced screen size makes it harder to pick up pitches. I don't feel pitch speed itself is that different on those systems.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

I'd assume the Vita version running at 30 FPS and the PS3 version running at 60 FPS has something to do with what you're talking about too.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
I'd assume the Vita version running at 30 FPS and the PS3 version running at 60 FPS has something to do with what you're talking about too.
This is probably true.... It's very subtle but I feel hitting is definitely harder on Vita (and online) because of "lost" frames.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #5
Rookie

nathan118's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
I thought about that, but the FPS just makes the PS3 feel buttery smooth...but still faster.

FPS shouldn't make the time from pitcher to home be any different in actual length.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13
It's a subtle difference from what I've experienced. Definitely something there, but with both set at default (how I play) it's not too much a problem.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #7
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan118
I thought about that, but the FPS just makes the PS3 feel buttery smooth...but still faster.

FPS shouldn't make the time from pitcher to home be any different in actual length.

Yes, but those lost frames might affect our pitch recognition. This could make a very significant difference, since quite often we are judging the pitch speed and type during and after that split second when the pitch is just released... and since we are working off of 2D screen and the pitcher, arm action, and ball all look so small, all these lost frames might give us less to work with visually.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
Rookie

nathan118's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Yes, but those lost frames might affect our pitch recognition. This could make a very significant difference, since quite often we are judging the pitch speed and type during and after that split second when the pitch is just released... and since we are working off of 2D screen and the pitcher, arm action, and ball all look so small, all these lost frames might give us less to work with visually.
Less frames on the vita would make it harder, not easier. The ps3 is buttery smooth, but even at the lowest pitch speed requires much faster reaction time than the vita.

If I get super bored maybe I'll try and videotape it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »