Home

NCAA Football 13 - Top 3 Things You Love and Hate About The Game

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 - Top 3 Things You Love and Hate About The Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 13 - Top 3 Things You Love and Hate About The Game

Just gathering information for a podcast, please list the top 3 things you love about NCAA Football 13 and the top 3 things you hate about it.

If it's not on topic, it will be deleted. Thanks.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 13 - Top 3 Things You Love and Hate About The Game

Top 3 Love's for NCAA 13

1- Editing.....The editing ability still in full effect !

2- Recruiting......It is fun again, the new tweaks and set-up was needed !

3- Game Play Enhancements....Love the new passing and animations added this year.

Top 3 Hate's for NCAA 13

1- Editing....Still too many glitches with the editing, especially body sizes !

2- Speed Rating... Still way overboard with this rating, I wanna know who I need to talk to about this !?! The Speed model they use is totally flawed, and honestly I think it somewhat breaks their own game !

3-Lack of New Equipment ! (and even more new faces, and that screen EA had in a promo video...with all the Hair options for heads)

Old 07-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Rom_V's Arena

OVR: 1

Things I hate!

1. Road to glory. This mode has SO MUCH potential and every year I'm disappointed. The higher difficulties almost make it impossible to keep your player as a starter. I'll definitely be playing dynasty 99% of the time due to this.

2. No updated equipment. The only new things I've seen equipment wise were the two new DNA face masks and a couple revo masks as well, while they left out the most used revo facemask, the revo 2 bar. And come on EA, STILL no eye paint?!

3. Heisman challenge. The whole mode just seems kind of gimmicky to me. Like EA threw it in there because they needed something to advertise when the game came out. It could be much deeper and more detailed as well. It's not very satisfying to recreate a heisman trophy winning season and only getting 30 second clips as I dominate the college football world.

The things I love!

1. Passing. Passing is really fun this year the added trajectory is amazing, I can hit so many passes that could never be completed in previous additions. The quarterback pocket footwork/ RS use is great too!

2. New dynasty recruiting. Love the fact they added triple threat athletes. The actual recruiting and scouting was long needed! To be able to choose your own pitches, and scout players to find out if they're gems or busts just adds a whole 'nother layer of realism.

3. Juking! Seems like a small thing, but in years past it became very repetitive and annoying to have to spin around every defender you wanted to evade. The juking is crisp, fast, and effective in this years game!
Old 07-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
Rookie

D0GGERT D0G's Arena

OVR: 4

Love:

1. (If EA does come through) Weekly uniform additions
2. New passing game additions
3. New facemasks

Hate:

1. The crowd is WAY TOO QUIET
2. My graphics are edgy
3. Messed many uniforms or didn't put in (IE: Washington)
Old 07-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Top 3 I Love

1- Recruiting. It's plain genial. In comparison with NHL for example we're you send scout on duties in various region, in NCAA you are talking, scouting and watching guys unveil in front of your eyes. It's great and pretty fun.

2- Ambiance. The way the crowd react to plays (putting the Commentator off makes this even more fun) and actions on the field makes the game great for me. I found it much more immersive than in NHL for exemple.

3- Editing & Teambuilder : Even if I don't do much editing neither use that much Teambuilder, the fact you can build a team with that much depth for stadiums, colors, logos, etc. In comparison (yeah, again) NHL offer for customing teams is like comparing an NFL player (NCAA) to a Canadian College Football player (NHL).

Top 3 I hate :

1 - Freezing. The game simply freezes too much. I play as a coach it's sometimes horrendous so I can imagine how it is for guys who plays and get stuck in a middle of the action just to have kicked back full speed few seconds later.

2- Band songs playing. It's part of the game, but I don't get it how I have to listen to the same band song everytime the other team makes a tackle, a sack, a first down, a TD, a FG, a XP. When you lose a game 54-7 (as UMASS, so yeah I suck, and the team also), it's kind of annoying to hear the same band song 60 times. I know, there's a way to play custom sound, but in the base game, there should be more depth in the songs.

3- Studio Update Comments. At first, it's a nice idea and I like the studio update. Won't even get to ask for clips from the other game. But, when you have the same exact 5 times comment with the only thing changing is the state of the game, it becomes old fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

LOVE

1. Recruiting (Scouting)

2. Online Dynasty

3. Passing

HATE

1. Line blocking is flawed

2. Load times

3. Able to go deep a little too often
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Old 07-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Hate:

Some broken AI- CPU not running HB screens well( leading to too many sacks) and the CPU not running the pitch option well(wide open lane to run for QB which he takes only to pitch it backa few yards in 10 yards to the HB)

Punt Return- Not quite there, but it has improved significantly to the point where I at least feel like I have a chance to bring it back all the way.

Zone Defense- for me is very lacking, not quite as polished/effective as their Madden counterparts.

Love:

Recruiting- Very dynamic, adds something off the field you don't get in many other sports calls.

Atmosphere/Presentation- NCAA has done this very well every single year and has brought it to a new level again with the integration of ESPN ticker/updates.

Play Style- In many other sports games you can have different styles, but it's really only slight variations. In NCAA I could run the LSU offense with the ground/pound, but then next game use a different team and run the 5 WR spread up tempo offense.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Love:
1 - New passing game
2 - Read option game from Shotgun
3 - New punt return formations

Hate
1 - o-line blocking gliches
2 - lack of crowd noise
3 - CPU's option game (terrible decisions or indecisions)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »