Home

progressive lighting

This is a discussion on progressive lighting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6
progressive lighting

Just wanted to say that if there is one thing that is absolutely great about this game its the progressive lighting. Holy cow they did an awesome job this year. It actually progresses in between plays like it used to back in the day but the lighting just seems.....right.....this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: progressive lighting

I'm having the opposite experience. While the stadium and shadows look good, the players all look extremely dark except in replays.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

XBOX user here. The lights games are a little dark.....just a tad. But I am not really talking about lighting in general, its the progressive lighting where it turns from mid-day to afternoon, and afternoon to dark. Looks great.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
Rookie

tizorch's Arena

OVR: 2

The last couple of years it would change at the end of the first quarter, first half, etc. So now it actually happens during play? Thats a nice touch if so.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

Yep in between plays pay attention to the shadow locations. It jumps very slightly in between qtrs but nothing like last year. Also the weather is cool looking this year as the clouds lfoat around and what not but you can only see it in wide shots between plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreyman
Just wanted to say that if there is one thing that is absolutely great about this game its the progressive lighting. Holy cow they did an awesome job this year. It actually progresses in between plays like it used to back in the day but the lighting just seems.....right.....this year.
I had a thread last night on the lighting. I'm having a problem with it. It isn't changing as fast as it was when I first got the game. Like for a 3:30 game....by the end of the game it was completely night. Now, when I play a 3:30 game, it is still daylight out. I only see the time change maybe 3 or 4 times the whole game. Usually around the 2min mark in the 2nd...halftime, and then right around the start of the 4th QTR.

I don't know if I did something that messed it up in terms of options or what. If anybody has an idea, please let me know.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
I had a thread last night on the lighting. I'm having a problem with it. It isn't changing as fast as it was when I first got the game. Like for a 3:30 game....by the end of the game it was completely night. Now, when I play a 3:30 game, it is still daylight out. I only see the time change maybe 3 or 4 times the whole game. Usually around the 2min mark in the 2nd...halftime, and then right around the start of the 4th QTR.

I don't know if I did something that messed it up in terms of options or what. If anybody has an idea, please let me know.
Here a few things I thought of, probably not the cause, just thinking out loud:
1) Are all the games in the same timezone? Might treated them all as eastern time so 3:30 Eastern is 12:00 Pacific.

2) Were they all in the same mode? I wonder if games earlier in the season would stay light longer because the days are actually longer during those months.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rick_14
Here a few things I thought of, probably not the cause, just thinking out loud:
1) Are all the games in the same timezone? Might treated them all as eastern time so 3:30 Eastern is 12:00 Pacific.

2) Were they all in the same mode? I wonder if games earlier in the season would stay light longer because the days are actually longer during those months.

I don't know...I'm going to have to keep playing around with it. Because I haven't really played a dynasty yet, so the games I'm talking about have been on Play Now mode. I've played a game at Georgia, at USC, at LSU, etc to see. Maybe I'll figure it out soon. Thanks though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »