Home

new take on franchise. need some help.

This is a discussion on new take on franchise. need some help. within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
new take on franchise. need some help.

i see alot of people spend alot of time playing the games in franchise mode. i really prefer to focus on the team building aspect of the mode. ( if I want to play a season, ill play season mode) but one thing I am have a tough time figuring out is how to make your players ratings improve. i just went through a season in which Jhoulys Chacin was 14-5, 2.25 era, 1.13 whip, 185K, in 31 starts, earnings his first all star appearance and Cy Young. ( i did play some of those games obviously. actually what i do alot is super sim games and if a pitcher gets in trouble or a guy comes up in a ket situation ill jump in and play manually and then jump out again) So anyway after having such a stellar year, Chacin who is 26 and 4* out of 5* and on the rise DIDNT IMPROVE AT ALL. not 1 rating went up, as a matter of fact some of his pitch ratings went DOWN! it doesnt make any sense. it leads me to beleive that the player progressions are predetermined and good or, in this case, outstandning performance has no bearing. which, if true, sucks. the only other thing i can imagine may have some influence on rating improvment is coaches. although i do have all the highest rated coaches and managers.

i dont know. im confused about this.

oh by the way, my A's were 109-53 but lost to tex in div. round. (i dont play any playoff games)

Last edited by rukus1; 07-30-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: new take on franchise. need some help.

I believe that only certain players are chosen to rise, no matter what their performance is. Good franchise players are 3/5 star straight up trends (Xavier mcbath, josh haring, Camden nelson graves). These guys develop to mid 90's in a few years.
My Player SP: Taken out bottom 9 2 outs with a perfect game going (my bad luck)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »