Home

Play recognition = CPU cheating

This is a discussion on Play recognition = CPU cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Play recognition = CPU cheating

Here are my thoughts on the problems of NCAA 13.

EA has not fixed the psychic defensive players...period.

All CPU-controlled defensive players react INSTANTANEOUSLY to a pass and puts your receiver in double-, triple-, or quadruple-coverage all the time. Yards after catch, for a human controlled receiver, are laughable.

If EA feels this is necessary so human-controlled teams don't win consistently 90-0, I might understand this....HOWEVER, CPU-controlled players on your team are DUMB AS DIRT. If you don't intervene, your CPU-controlled receiver will run directly behind a defender as the ball is coming in. You have milliseconds to adjust your receiver, and usually (in my case) I make the receiver's situation worse.

When using slant or curl routes, the CPU regularly predicts the play and has the defensive player run a better route than the offensive player. The defender will curl before the receiver does. The defender will run the slant route ahead and inside of the receiver.

DEEP COVERAGE HAS TO BE FIXED ASAP. One cornerback can still cover 2 or 3 receivers on a deep route, allowing the CPU to blitz and still cover the deep ball. As soon as the quarterback throws the ball, a single CPU-controlled cornerback will leave his receiver (who will continue on his own pass route all by himself) and be in perfect position to knock down or intercept the deep ball. By contrast, CPU-controlled defenders on my team do not leave their man to help other defenders until AFTER the ball is caught.

TACKLES MADE BY CPU-CONTROLLED PLAYERS THAT COME FROM OFF-SCREEN. EA, we humans are not computers. If there are players that do not show up on the screen, we do not know that they are there. This often occurs on running plays where I intentionally move outside away from the lineman and see some open field, when WHAT TO MY SURPRISE a defender was running directly at me and tackles my running back, occasionally stripping the football with a big hit when I had no idea that they were there. HOW ABOUT A LITTLE ARROW ON THE SIDE OF THE SCREEN TO LET US KNOW A PLAYER IS JUST OFF CAMERA?????

Tackling has some issues. There are FAR TOO MANY 3RD/4TH AND INCHES. The CPU has to be programmed to make the game more difficult in these situations, this cannot be sheer coincidence! Also, how are CPU-controlled defenders SEEMINGLY ALWAYS able to tackle and force you backwards, even when they tackle you from behind or from the side? Physics are a bit off, EA.

CPU-controlled defenders are able to tackle squarely and with a big hit too often. In pursuit, CPU-controlled defenders work to get ahead of the ball carrier in order to perform a big hit or to stop him quickly. By contrast, CPU-controlled defenders on my team seem to only pursue and try to get behind the ball carrier so he can run for the endzone. The AI seems to have different strategies for the angles defenders take, and to add another advantage to the CPU.

Overall, the CPU is given an automatic advantage by being able to know what opposing play is called, even audibles. Screen/bubble passes are the WORST. Even though you use the same formation for other plays, the CPU knows that it will be a screen/bubble and jumps the route consistently.

RECRUITING is getting a little out of hand, EA. I enjoy that part of the game so that I control the players that come to my dynasty, however it takes far too much time, particularly when there is a bye. Recruiting has improved in 13, but it needs to be speedier.

My love for college football keeps me playing these games, but EA is beginning to lose my loyalty. NCAA 13 NEEDS A LOT OF FIXES. The best part, IMO, is Road to Glory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Play recognition = CPU cheating

What are you talking about? If I have a good deep pass, I can sling it to my TE or WR and he might go 20-30 yards after catch. In fact this happens a whole lot. I think you need to play a game more your speed, like Blitz the League.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Enlighten me! (please)

Do you not experience double- or triple-coverage regularly? How often are you able to get a receiver in the open? For a PS3 user, what strategies do you use?

I want to learn!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dking023
Enlighten me! (please)

Do you not experience double- or triple-coverage regularly? How often are you able to get a receiver in the open? For a PS3 user, what strategies do you use?

I want to learn!
I play on XBOX, maybe that's the problem. Four Verticals when used sparingly is a very good play. I like it. Verticals as well. Also us Playaction, it can help.

Also, when it's completed, USE THE LEFT STICK. SWIPE IT RIGHT OR LEFT DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION. THEY WILL TRY TO TACKLE YOU AND FAIL MISERABLY.

Last edited by MarylandMan; 08-04-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
Rookie

four verticles is a good play sometimes, however I find that the tight end is typically the best option to get open. The single receiver (usually on the left) gets doubled by his cornerback and the safety that adjusts as soon as the ball is released by the QB. The twin receivers on the other side get covered by one or both defenders, double-coverage ensues after the QB releases the ball and the defenders both move to cover the receiver that the QB throws to. Deep balls, at least in the PS3, are to the CPUs advantage, unless I am able to take over the receiver and correctly move him in position for a leaping catch without causing offensive pass interference. Most often, I overcompensate and move the receiver WAY out of position and the ball is picked.

Any PS3 users care to comment?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #6
Rookie

chzblck's Arena

OVR: 1

Yep Dking. You nailed it. TE is the hot read every time for a 4 verts play.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Analyzer52's Arena

OVR: 3

Spot on with the coverage and recruiting issue. I spend more time recruiting than playing the game.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #8
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

Even when I throw to a wr in single coverage, the cpu db makes the play most of the time and usually intercept it.

On offense when the cpu thows in single coverage the wr normally makes the play while the cpu db for the user team misses the ball completely or not doing anything and running themselves out of the play.

The user team cpu is programmed totally different than cpu team, which is very evident when you switch teams when playing, watch how differently the same team plays when you switch, especially on defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »