Home

Justice League The Movie

This is a discussion on Justice League The Movie within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31
Justice League The Movie

http://www.supermanofsteel.com/2012/...e-movie-maybe/

Justice League Movie? Maybe?

Ben Affleck, it's time to press your cape and get your tights out of the dryer!

Because according to a report by Variety, Warner Bros. is eyeing the actor-director to tackle the upcoming Justice League film. The superhero movie—which would assemble comic book favorites like Batman and Superman, along with Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman—has long been in the works but was seemingly put on the fast track following the massive success of Marvel's Avengers. Christopher Nolan, the man behind DC's most successful super-trilogy, the Dark Knight saga, already said that he won't be returning be taking on the League, leaving an opening that Affleck is now the front-runner to fill.

Variety claims that Affleck has "ascended high on the studio's list of filmmakers who can be trusted with prime properties" and that he is "expected to discuss the project with studio brass in the coming days." Allegedly, Affleck is also the only one who has been sent Justice League's script, penned by Gangster Squad's Will Beall.

Affleck has helmed darker fare like Gone Baby Gone andThe Town, as well as the upcoming political thriller Argo, all of which might lend themselves towards the grittier, realistic tone that DC's big screen adaptations like Batman Begins and Man of Steel have established.

This wouldn't be Affleck's first run in with cinematic superheroes, having played Matt Murdock and his crime-fighting alter ego in the 2003 film Daredevil. Though, he didn't exactly earn rave reviews for the movie—so a switch from Marvel to DC might be just the change he needs to hit gold.

Ben's onscreen buddy in Daredevil, Jon Favreau, actually went on to reboot Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man, which fed in to Joss Whedon's box office juggernaut The Avengers(the sequel for which Joss is returning to direct).

Find out why there will never, ever be another good Superman movie!

Within the realm of the DC universe, Affleck has also donned the infamous Superman suit, though in nothing as glitzy as a mega-million dollar superhero franchise is sure to be. Ben played actor George Reeves—star of the 1950s small-screen series, Adventures of Superman—in Hollywoodland.

Ben has made a habit of appearing in his own films of late (with starring roles in The Townand Argo), so it isn't too far a stretch to believe he might be suiting up himself. And heck, why not make it a family affair and invite wife Jennifer Garner along for the ride? She's itching to get back in on the action game, after all.

Justice League is expected to be released in summer 2015, which, if timing works out, could pit it against Avengers 2 in the most epic battle of the box office ever. And when the superhero sagas take each other on, we fanboys are all the winners, right?

Now I personally enjoyed Ben Affleck's portrayal of George Reeves/Superman in Hollywoodland and thought he very well looked the part. But with Henry Cavill playing Superman in MOS I'm sure the part is his, but as a director he might give us a good movie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Justice League The Movie

I just might pass, but you never really know. Depends on what it all looks like, I guess.

Also, what's up with this weird part?

Quote:
Find out why there will never, ever be another good Superman movie!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-09-2012, 12:55 AM   #3
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I just might pass, but you never really know. Depends on what it all looks like, I guess.

Also, what's up with this weird part?
Pretty sure that's a link to a story.

Anyway, I actually wouldn't mind Affleck directing considering the movies he has done in the past. I WOULD mind him suiting up as a superhero though.

I would still prefer WB to push out individual, connected universe films before doing the Justice League. Namely, Wonder Woman and Flash -- and maybe Green Lantern, depending on what they're going to do with that one -- because they round out the major members aside from Superman and Batman.

@nicroni
Old 08-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #4
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

I wonder how they are going to handle Batman. New actor or maybe JGL?
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 08-09-2012, 01:26 AM   #5
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

I'll be going to see this movie regardless, but I do want it to not suck lol. I'd be fine with Ben directing this, he's done well directing movies.

I imagine if this movie did well it would make it easier for them to then spin off into more individual movies, while the other way around may be better into making a Justice League movie good it would set the tone for other quite well imo

Last edited by Chrisksaint; 08-09-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #6
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

As long as they don't go crazy like some of the JLA books with a million multi-universes, plexi-universes, and thousands of characters.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I'd rather have single character movies. If WB wants to make a franchise out of something, I'd say go with the Batman family.

As long as Affleck doesn't put on a costume then I'll consider that a good starting point.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
I'll be going to see this movie regardless, but I do want it to not suck lol. I'd be fine with Ben directing this, he's done well directing movies.

I imagine if this movie did well it would make it easier for them to then spin off into more individual movies, while the other way around may be better into making a Justice League movie good it would set the tone for other quite well imo
I agree with you there it probably would be easier to have spin offs of individual movies from the Justice League then have a bunch of individual movies build into a Justice League movie. I'm sure economically it looks better as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »