Home

Assisted Tackles may be a massive issue

This is a discussion on Assisted Tackles may be a massive issue within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2
Assisted Tackles may be a massive issue

I know there are threads on this, I have seen the Q and A with someone who has retail and he said that the game still is NOT recording assisted tackles the way it should.

my question comes down to is this because of the physics and it won't ever record correctly, or is it because they just made a massive mistake

this could be a big problem in CCM if they arent recording assisted tackles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Assisted Tackles may be a massive issue

Agreed. This is a killer for getting realistic stats on defense and will make achieving goals for your defensive players in CCM even harder. This needs to be fixed.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #3
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Also agree this is a pretty big issue.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Also agree this is a pretty big issue.
Yep if your a defense of player on ccm this all but makes the mode unplayable. How can i make the hall of fame when the base stat for my side of The ball isn't recorded acuratley?
Old 08-18-2012, 12:35 AM   #5
Rookie

Ferweezy's Arena

OVR: 5
This would be a game killer for me. I noticed on the demo. That none of my team had a ATK on their stats and there were gang tackles almost every play. It's already bad enough that the penalty system is broken. These little things EA always overlook. Kills the immersion of the game for me. I hope the retail fix this or have this patched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been really thinking about the new "franchise mode" lately as I've been a big proponent of skipping this years game because of the things left out, yet now that the preseason is here I'm getting that itch and contemplating buying it.

I was thinking about this earlier- with what we know about how some of the stats in the past Maddens being completely broken, how will the new xp based progression work?

My biggest concerns are with the offensive line and defense.

1. How will the OL gain xp when pancakes have never worked right?
2. How will the RE gain xp if the LE is getting all the sacks?
3. How will the LBs gain xp if they get a third of the tackles that the rest of the league gets?
4. How will the DBs gain xp if they rarely get INTs because they have stone hands?

These problems have been prevalent in every iteration of Madden on this generation.

So in conclusion my question is simply how do my players gain xp and pass their goals when the main stats for their position don't tally correctly in the game?
Old 08-18-2012, 01:45 AM   #7
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl34v4g3
I've been really thinking about the new "franchise mode" lately as I've been a big proponent of skipping this years game because of the things left out, yet now that the preseason is here I'm getting that itch and contemplating buying it.

I was thinking about this earlier- with what we know about how some of the stats in the past Maddens being completely broken, how will the new xp based progression work?

My biggest concerns are with the offensive line and defense.

1. How will the OL gain xp when pancakes have never worked right?
2. How will the RE gain xp if the LE is getting all the sacks?
3. How will the LBs gain xp if they get a third of the tackles that the rest of the league gets?
4. How will the DBs gain xp if they rarely get INTs because they have stone hands?

These problems have been prevalent in every iteration of Madden on this generation.

So in conclusion my question is simply how do my players gain xp and pass their goals when the main stats for their position don't tally correctly in the game?
All very good questions that need to answered. I hated the progression system and think the xp will be a good element to the game but with what you brought up now I wonder.. If no assist tackles what the heck but If I remember right that was just added a year or two ago, IDK the demo seems sloppy and dull. I think they have tried to make it way to complicated with all the different attributes and Im sure thats why most of the time they dont matter cause the system cant compute them.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:23 AM   #8
Rookie

antnyboy20's Arena

This sounds like it could be a disaster if Goals for certain defensive players include a certain number of tackles per season if the assisted tackles aren't be recorded correctly. Come to think of it I haven't seen any traditional two man tackles trigger with the new Infinity engine. This could be the problem. Could any gamechangers possibly look into the goals for defensive players to see if they include number of tackles per season? This obv would mess up the xp system if so as I think it has something to do with the IE which prob won't be patchable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »