Home

FistofRages Varsity Sliders - AI safety play fixed

This is a discussion on FistofRages Varsity Sliders - AI safety play fixed within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 01:32 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
FistofRages Varsity Sliders - AI safety play fixed

The AI QBA accuracy must be at 5 for them to make better redzone decisions......

Been testing quite a few games and the safety glitch has not been seen using these.
Gameplay Options
Skill- Varsity
Injuries- On
Fatigue- On
Quarter Length- 8-9
Play Clock- On
Coaching Tips- Off
Game Speed- Normal
Player Min Speed Threshold- 50
Home Field Advantage Effects- On
Ice the Kicker- On

Custom AI

User

QB Accuracy- 50
Pass Blocking- 15
WR Catching- 25
RB Ability- 40
Run Blocking- 50 ***Only getting 3 or 4 pancakes per game with this now post patch.
Pass Coverage- 75
Pass Rush- 15
Interceptions- 25
Rush Defense- 40
Tackling- 40
FG Power- 50
FG Accuracy- 30
Punt Power- 40
Punt Accuracy- 50
Kickoff Power- 40

CPU

QB Accuracy- 100
Pass Blocking- 50
WR Catching- 75
RB Ability- 95
Run Blocking- 95
Pass Coverage- 25
Pass Rush- 50
Interceptions- 75
Rush Defense- 75
Tackling- 65 ****Your preference here, for harder human running up the tackling, but they force fumbles at 65 and you see some broken tackles and some nice stumnbling and gang tackling animations.
FG Power- 50
FG Accuracy- 40
Punt Power- 40
Punt Accuracy- 100
Kickoff Power- 50

****I am still testing these but I can say for certain that the safeties play as they should and the AI can actually score some points. There is alot of room to make these harder.

Don't run 4 verticals, but the AI safteties have been giving help over the top on almost every play.

Last edited by fistofrage; 10-26-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 02:03 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Re: FistofRages Varsity Sliders - AI safety play fixed

Gonna crank up the AI sliders gradually, to hopefully make them a threat on every possession.

Lot of room to make the AI play tougher, but also trying to get fumbles and pancakes in line.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:37 AM   #3
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Fist what's up man.. This is huge i can't wait to try it out..

If u haven't seen my posts around, I play 'on the field' coach mode.. Basically enter the game as normal like im going to control players, but I only call the plays n do pre snap stuff, then once ball is snapped, I don't touch or do anything.. I watch sim all specials for user and CPU teams. I use the auto pass feature for my qb..

My question to you is- with this play style, should user and CPU utilize the same sliders? Or wil my AI team be able to function on zero qb acc, lower rb ability, etc.. If i am not putting my user skills and awareness into them.. Make sebse? Thanks
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC

Last edited by Chedapalooza; 08-20-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Been testing quite a few games and I have come to some conclusions. I recommend you just try these sliders and post a comment.

Gameplay Options

Skill- Heisman
Injuries- On
Fatigue- On
Quarter Length- 8-9
Play Clock- On
Coaching Tips- Off
Game Speed- Normal
Player Min Speed Threshold- 50
Home Field Advantage Effects- On
Ice the Kicker- On

Custom AI

User

QB Accuracy- 0
Pass Blocking- 25
WR Catching- 50
RB Ability- 40
Run Blocking- 50
Pass Coverage- 0
Pass Rush- 50
Interceptions- 30
Rush Defense- 25
Tackling- 50
FG Power- 50
FG Accuracy- 20
Punt Power- 50
Punt Accuracy- 25
Kickoff Power- 40

CPU

QB Accuracy- 100
Pass Blocking- 25
WR Catching- 50
RB Ability- 65
Run Blocking- 95
Pass Coverage- 60
Pass Rush- 90
Interceptions- 75
Rush Defense- 75
Tackling- 50
FG Power- 50
FG Accuracy- 40
Punt Power- 50
Punt Accuracy- 100
Kickoff Power- 50

****I am still testing these but I can say for certain that the safeties play as they should and the AI can actually score some points. There is alot of room to make these harder.

Don't run 4 verticals, but the AI safteties have been giving help over the top on almost every play.
Your thread title says Varsity but your settings say Heisman. I'm guessing you started your thread with a copy paste of your Heisman sliders and forgot to change the difficulty in the post?
Old 08-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Fist what's up man.. This is huge i can't wait to try it out..

If u haven't seen my posts around, I play 'on the field' coach mode.. Basically enter the game as normal like im going to control players, but I only call the plays n do pre snap stuff, then once ball is snapped, I don't touch or do anything.. I watch sim all specials for user and CPU teams. I use the auto pass feature for my qb..

My question to you is- with this play style, should user and CPU utilize the same sliders? Or wil my AI team be able to function on zero qb acc, lower rb ability, etc.. If i am not putting my user skills and awareness into them.. Make sebse? Thanks
I only control the DT and don't switch off, so what I see from my team's AI offensive players is that the AI will need a boost to perform correctly.

So if you are playing like you say. You should leave the human defensive and AI offensive/defensive sliders as I have them and maybe change the human QBA and RB ability.

I can say for certain that the Varsity level works best and I know why. The AI on All-American and Heisman uses the gameplanning gimmicks. It doesn't use those on Varsity, any of them.

So now, I am not only seeing proper safety play over the top, but my defensive ends are getting pressure off the edge and the DT's don't go blowing through the line for the sack. The DT's will sacks, but is because the DE push the QB up in the pocket and when he tries to scramble the DT may grab them. The AI on the higher levels uses some blocking gameplanning gimmick that totally negates DE pressure, but not on Varsity.

The horrid safety issue on higher levels is due to the gameplanning gimmick. They must make that aggressive so the safeties move in first and then get beat over the top all day long. They don't do that on varsity. The pass rush from the AI is better too, so you don't have as long to throw and if you do throw deep its covered over the top 95% of the time. It is now very risky to throw deep.

Try it out and let me know what you think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

Thank you for starting this thread.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
Thank you for starting this thread.
No problem, try these out and let me know what you think. These are just a base, but they were playing pretty good last night. I was mainly focusing on the AI defense and it was getting close to spot on. Now I need to fine tune the AI offense.

Any input you can give would be helpful because I know we are on the same page at least about the safety play. I think the gameplan gimmick is the root to almost every problem on this game and luckily, varsity doesn't appear to use it.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
No problem, try these out and let me know what you think. These are just a base, but they were playing pretty good last night. I was mainly focusing on the AI defense and it was getting close to spot on. Now I need to fine tune the AI offense.

Any input you can give would be helpful because I know we are on the same page at least about the safety play. I think the gameplan gimmick is the root to almost every problem on this game and luckily, varsity doesn't appear to use it.
Will be trying these out later today. Going to try them in some Play now games before i take them to a dynasty. Anyone have any teams/matchups they want me to try out?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »