Home

Respect My Ratings Sliders (Post-Update)

This is a discussion on Respect My Ratings Sliders (Post-Update) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How would you say these sliders rate as far as realism?
Excellent 17 33.33%
Very Good 18 35.29%
Ok 9 17.65%
Bad 3 5.88%
Horrible 4 7.84%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Rookie

ceejay314's Arena

OVR: 1
Icon10 Respect My Ratings Sliders (Post- 2nd Patch) V.2.5 FINAL

***UPDATED 9/10/12***

Hey guy's an old slider maker here... thanks to guys like SECElit3 i could afford to take a break for awhile but with NCAA 13 and the troubles i was having with "Realism" i decided to give it another go.

The concept behind these sliders was to truly reveal the essence of fundamental football and to release the power of the individual player ratings. I wanted a player to play according to his numbers. If his awareness was a 30, he should be very slow to react during a play as well as you should see a noticeable difference between him and a player with say a 75 awareness reacting to the play.

What this does during dynasties truly makes you have to recruit your players and make you examine who you have on the field. D-Linemen will now have true match ups whereas as if your offensive tackles suck blitzing linebackers will have a field day.

Also the way the ratings are setup allows for all 3 phases of the game to matter... offense, defense, and SPECIAL TEAMS! You will see blocked punts and FGs as well as returns if you are not careful. The computer wont play dumb so if you are not careful you will get juked by that IMPACT running back. Kickers... kickers, if you dont have a good one he will miss kicks... PERIOD!!! Want to make kicks, get a better kicker.

So with no further ado here is the break down, PLEASE POST STATS AND OPINIONS!!!

***THESE SLIDERS WORK FOR USER VS. USER / CPU VS. CPU / & USER VS. CPU... USER AND CPU ARE THE SAME***

Rules: Don't use cheeser plays ie: 4 Verts, extensive draw plays, ect.

SKILL LEVEL: Freshman(But use the difficulty you would normally use if you feel you need a better challenge)
RECRUITING LEVEL: All-American
GAME TIME: 8 Mins (Allows for the correct number of offensive plays, a balanced offense will have 25 carries and around 35 passes, so roughly 60 plays per team)
THRESHOLD: 0 (I know people have their own theories as to what this does and where it should be... buuuuuuut with THESE sliders it helps authenticate the realism and differentiate the individual numbers.)
GAME SPEED: Very Slow (This is solely for the animations, people like juice so they tend to play on faster modes but they miss out on animations they would occur on VERY SLOW, which in turn adds to the realism-you will see linebackers take read steps!!!)
HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE: On (It happens in real life so it should happen in the game)

Penalties: (Simple, the more underclassmen the more penalties)

Offsides: 56
False Start: 56
Holding: 52
Facemask: 54
OPI: 100
DPI: 100
KR/PRI: 100
Clipping: 56
IG: 100
Roughing Pass: 50
Roughing Kick: 56

SLIDERS:

QB ACC:100 - (Allows QB to make the throws he a can make as well as he will go through his progressions based off of HIS ratings... you can now tell the difference between and all-american and a walk on)
PASS BLK:50 - (Allows linemen to get to their spots PERIOD... this slider does nothing more but help with positioning, leave as is)
WR CTH:50 - (Allows receiver to be him, going up or down will start to make CPU decide what should happen vs. whats capable of happening. You still will see drops and great catches)
RB ABILITY:50 - (Allows game to play correctly this slider effects a lot so changing it changes the game it self, running backs will do what their best at... watch BCV & AWR)
RUN BLK:50 - (Allows linemen to play to their abilities passing and running, you will see great impact blocks and pancakes)

PASS COV:100 - (Allows secondary to play CORRECTLY, you have all seen this at 100 before and it works the same no jumped routes, no mirroring, you will now see shuffling and foot planting in order to make up ground)
PASS RUSH:100 - (Allows defense to have acceleration... it help pass rush but ultimately gives that player HIS very own acceleration... you will now see blocked kicks and true speed rushers)
INTS:25 - (Allows picks to come based off of the player not the situation... YES the ball can be in his hands BUT if HE cant CATCH he WONT catch it)
RUN DEFENSE:100 - (Allows d-linemen to disengage blocks and linebackers will be true to themselves, safeties wont know the play before it happens but react accordingly)
TACKLE:25- (Allows for proper pursuit angles and makes hit power relevant... players with 95 TAK will make the tackle 95% of the time a player with a 60 TAK will probably miss the tackle)

FG POWER: 45 - (Allows kicker to kick to his power rating)
FG ACC: 35 - (Allows accuracy to mean something, if he sucks it wont be a sure thing anymore)
PUNT POWER: 45 - (Good distance based off of stats)
PUNT ACC: 35 - (Allows for shanks and harder coffin corners and effects some distance)
KICKOFF: 45 - (Allows for blocker to set up for return as well as correct distance per ratings)

Auto Subs - (Players will sub and get fatigued which makes the 4th qtr that more interesting, you can now WEAR down a defense)

Offense

QB Sub Out/In:60/65
RB Sub Out/In: 80/85
WR Sub Out/In: 80/85
FB/TE Sub Out/In: 80/85
OL Sub Out/In: 65/70

Defense

DT Sub Out/In: 80/85
DE Sub Out/In: 80/85
LB Sub Out/In: 80/85
CB Sub Out/In: 80/85
S Sub Out/In: 80/85

Volume Control- (I took this idea from another slider maker, he wanted full immersion into the game to give a true stadium feel... will give credit later)

Master: 100
Commentators: 75
Stadium PA: 95
Crowd: 100
On the Field: 75
Menu Music: 25
Menu Sound FX: 0

Custom Stadium Sounds: 25
Play 3 games and let me know your results again post stats so people can see your findings. With these sliders you should be able to know who the good players are and who you need to replace. Stats will be true to life as well, QB pct, RB avr, WR catches, tackles, picks, and sacks.

P.S. Dont rely on OVERALL rating... there WILL be times where the lower guy out performs the higher one... these sliders will leave you with decisions to make on a promising freshman or very battle tested senior.

Good LUCK!!!

Game Play Footage --- Click Below

Last edited by ceejay314; 01-05-2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Made Corrections
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
Rookie

burritos13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Respect My Ratings Sliders (Post-Update)

hey i wanna try these but what special teams do u use? should i just leave em at default?
Old 08-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
Rookie

ceejay314's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritos13
hey i wanna try these but what special teams do u use? should i just leave em at default?
Yeah your right im sorry... they have been updated now... i thought i was missing something lol... please give a fair assessment and let me know what you think.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Your ideas and reasoning is IDENTICAL to mine! So happy to have someone feel the way I do.. Will plug these in a little later after MNF! I have Necer used very slow but will do so.. Love zero thresh and the specials and well everything about the look of these .. I'm assuming u are using all patchs and and tuners? Any particular roster/coach sliders?
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 08-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Rookie

ceejay314's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Your ideas and reasoning is IDENTICAL to mine! So happy to have someone feel the way I do.. Will plug these in a little later after MNF! I have Necer used very slow but will do so.. Love zero thresh and the specials and well everything about the look of these .. I'm assuming u are using all patchs and and tuners? Any particular roster/coach sliders?
Im currently at school will be home around 9:30 cst at which point i will let you know about the rosters (cant remember the download off hand) but any roster SHOULD work as long as ratings have not been manipulated only name adds and uniform corrections. As far as patches & tuners i have the last patch, prior the the patch i deleted the tuner... so i didnt have a tuner at the time of the download. NCAA does not prompt me at the start screen so when i went to check if there was a tuner there is still nothing there. Im assuming the latest patch has an internal tuner for online play. But to answer your question NO tuner but latest PATCH. As far as game speed it will be a major adjustment for you, things will happen slower for you a lot slower but it will also add to the immersion. You will have to read and see holes while running and go through your progressions as the QB. Also you will be able to tell the difference in speed with certain players. I have yet to take the time to adjust the coaches just yet but from what i have seen it would be a step in the right direction if you can take the time to do so. I appreciate your kind words and hope you find these sliders enjoyable and simulation like!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #6
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay314
Im currently at school will be home around 9:30 cst at which point i will let you know about the rosters (cant remember the download off hand) but any roster SHOULD work as long as ratings have not been manipulated only name adds and uniform corrections. As far as patches & tuners i have the last patch, prior the the patch i deleted the tuner... so i didnt have a tuner at the time of the download. NCAA does not prompt me at the start screen so when i went to check if there was a tuner there is still nothing there. Im assuming the latest patch has an internal tuner for online play. But to answer your question NO tuner but latest PATCH. As far as game speed it will be a major adjustment for you, things will happen slower for you a lot slower but it will also add to the immersion. You will have to read and see holes while running and go through your progressions as the QB. Also you will be able to tell the difference in speed with certain players. I have yet to take the time to adjust the coaches just yet but from what i have seen it would be a step in the right direction if you can take the time to do so. I appreciate your kind words and hope you find these sliders enjoyable and simulation like!!!
Gotcha. Well I use on the field coach mode with auto pass.. I don't control any players at all.. Just call plays and do pre snap adjustments.. I sim watch all specials

Do u know if these will work with a different game speed? I will still try them As listed
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 08-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #7
Rookie

ceejay314's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Gotcha. Well I use on the field coach mode with auto pass.. I don't control any players at all.. Just call plays and do pre snap adjustments.. I sim watch all specials

Do u know if these will work with a different game speed? I will still try them As listed
Oh ok yes you will love these... i mostly do CPU vs. CPU and there great in my opinion so coaching will be the same... i challenge you to try varsity and any other level to see what suits your liking but i warn you WILL lose a degree of said REALISM if you change that setting. But by all means try it and tell us all your findings if you see any.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Just finished one game in my Minnesota dynasty.. Beat army 20 to nothing. They only earned 99 yards on 37 carries..

I had 167 yards on 39 carries and passed for 83% for 202 yards and a TD

Sack numbers were fine 4 for me and 1 for army (they would hVe had more but my qb is a solid guy and shook off 2 sacks.

My starting rb at 77 ovr had NINE brokern tackles which worries me, will play more games and hopefully it was just bc I played against army...

Their panckae numbers were good but mine were very low (two total for the team) .. Passing % was high As mentioned..

I know army isn't the best barometer but I wanted to see what they could do on the ground.. Not sure it was realistic enough IMO..

Edit: penalties too low.. 3 total.. I have a set thatproduces 5-11 per team per game which translates into accurate season numbers at the end of a season for user teams.. U won't have 30 penalties all year while the rest of the NCAA has over 100..
UCONN HUSKIES Football

Last edited by Chedapalooza; 08-20-2012 at 10:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »