Home

Blue Ninja's M13 Sim Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Blue Ninja's M13 Sim Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23
Blue Ninja's M13 Sim Style Sliders

These are played ONline CCM
Quote:
*5/2, Updated
Also come check out this thread
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-interest.html

Raw vid of my game against my buddy with the latest sliders set(half a game, Im the Boys).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jAacaonx4ZQ
Hello everyone,[/size]

This is Blue, I am starting this thread a bit early because I wanted to discuss and inform you all sliders lovers my plan for creating a enjoyable, challenging and realistic sliders set for Madden 13 so bare it with me.

First, I'm going to have certain house rules which I didn't have. I believe rules that are posted below(along with reasoning behind) would be major factors in order to have realistic gameplay experience, stats and letting player's ratings matter.

*House rules*(Optional but highly recommended in order to achieve more realistic gameplay and stats.)
>No exploits of the game and its A.I.
This one is obvious but some people might wonder what they are, I have listed them below.
-Play sim and fair against CPU.
Everyone knows that playing sim/realistic is a must in order to have realistic games and stats but many people do not realize that they don't play fair against CPU. Playing fair against CPU means, not making any moves CPU will not or can not do. such as...
-Keep moving players around repeatedly till player gets a favorable match up on pass or run play.

It probably won't be as big of a problem in M13 as M12 because defensive players line up right and do what they are supposed to do to disguise the coverage. What I'm referring to here is intentionally forcing defense's LBs or Safeties to match up against Offense's Slot WR while the opposing Nickle back is on RBs. This does not happen in NFL unless defense comes out in base D against 3 wide set and such. If there is an equal or greater number of CBs than WRs(TEs spread out wide isn't included, in real life you wouldn't where they will line up till offense breaks the huddle, defensive personnel is sent out to the field depending on offensive personnel taking the field).

On run plays it is about taking advantage of CPU's defenses to recognize strong side and weak side pre-snap. You can take advantage of this by simply flipping plays back and forth till you get it set up to where there are more blockers than defenders on strong side. For example, offense comes out in Isolated formation, LBs shift towards the strong side lining up Sam right outside shoulder of TE. Offense flips play, LBs stay where they are instead of adjusting. Now on the strong side original Will stays lined up across from the G and DE likely between TE and T. Offense snaps the ball TE and T seal LBs inside and FB(and opposite G pulling if the play calls for it) have a clean shot at Safeties, and that's a easy TD or big gain at least. This will not happen in NFL not intentionally. This should not happen on most obvious passing downs either, NFL coaches will not let defenders have a clear path to hit the QB, protecting the QB will always be at the top of priorities in NFL.

>No switching players post-snap.
This is mostly to let the ratings of each player matter which should lead to more realistic stats. Defensively there shouldn't be a problem following this rule but offensively it could be tricky. My suggestion however is to "lock" a player, meaning pick a player you're going to be(if possible like it was in M10,11 I believe) and stay with him for the duration of the play, Just like the old superstar mode. Not sure of what the restrictions are in M13 regarding this matter yet so I will update this later on.

>If there is a play that is unrealistically effective and has no reasonable counter for it, it should not be used or should be restricted(but again if CPU calls it then why wouldn't you? Although I haven't had much if any at all with CPU abusing these kind of plays previously). What I mean by restriction is for example, in M12, QB sneak was a guaranteed 1yd or more gain 99% of the time. So you could restrict this play by not calling it on 1yd or less situation on any downs. So it shouldn't be called ond 3rd/4th and 1 but offense may call is on 3rd/4th and 2 or more and such...

*Do not use run commit feature if you want the game against CPU to be realistic ans sim(pass commit is fine, IMO CPU seems to use them depending on situations.

**Questions, suggestions and opinions are more than welcome!! I'm looking forward to M13, hope to see you all around on OS!!

Thanks,

Blue Ninja

P.S. If you like what you see here, then you and I probably think alike when it comes to football. Then I strongly recommend you to come check out the OS online madden league that I host along with other well-respected OS members, 4th and 1. Because an online league full of players like you and me do exist! I was not a big fan of online games myself because of play style and such of most lobby players. Then I joined OS online leagues like OS Vets and now I'm hooked and I even decided to host a league of my own lol I was strictly a offline franchise player but not anymore, believe me just give it a shot and you would not regret it. It's like playing offline franchise but with 31 other live people who will be competing against you during the game, FA, draft, trades and etc...It doesn't get better than that!!

League Setting

Game Speed-Slow
Skill Level-All-Madden/All-Pro
Quarter Length-15minutes
Accelerated Clock-ON
Minimum Play Clock Time-14
>It doesn't get any more realistic than this. NFL teams rarely snap the ball with so much time left on the play clock(3,4 sec left for the most part I believe) and this setting will help the play calling sim by...
-not allowing to hot route, audible, motion etc... repeatedly. Offence may have just enough time to hot route twice, motion/audible once each plays(if the clock is running, when the ball is dead accelrated clock/minimum play clock won't run so you'll have plenty of time in that case). This will force users to think and game plan more and better before calling the play, and call more various plays each game because of little time they will have pre-snap(which of course is a very good thing IMO).

And stats wise it just won't get any better than this. At least in regard of total number of plays each game.

League Sliders
*All sliders are equal between HUM/CPU [b]
Passing
  • QB Accuracy-11
  • Pass Blocking-5
  • WR Catching-55(updated 5/2)
  • Pass Defense Reaction Time-12
  • Interception-32
  • Pass Rushing-32

Rushing
  • Broken Tackles-10
  • Run Blocking-58
  • Fumbles-24
  • Rushing Defense Reaction Time-56
  • Block Shedding-11
  • Tackling-32

Fatigue- 60
Injuries-40

Min Player Speed Threshold-35

Auto-sub
HB Sub In-94
HB Sub Out-90

the rest-TBD

Penalties
Offside-99
False start-53
Holding-53
Facemask-55
Defensive Passing Interference-99
Offensive Passing interference-99
Punt catch Interference-99
Clipping-54
Intentional Grounding-54
Roughing Passer-54
Roughing Kicker-54

the rest-TBD
M16 Sim Style Sliders by Blue Ninja
My Twitch Stream

Last edited by Blue Ninja; 05-02-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Blue Ninja's M13 Sim Style Sliders

Love those house rules man...... I follow them every year, cant wait for ur sliders, are you messing around with them on the demo now?
Old 08-22-2012, 01:52 AM   #3
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
Love those house rules man...... I follow them every year, cant wait for ur sliders, are you messing around with them on the demo now?
Good, I know many people do not like house rules but to get realistic and challenging games, not taking advantage of poor A.I is important..and yes I have played some demo games but not really counting on demo to be helpful making sliders. Retail version seems to be quite different from demo every year lol
My Twitch Stream
Old 08-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ninja
Good, I know many people do not like house rules but to get realistic and challenging games, not taking advantage of poor A.I is important..and yes I have played some demo games but not really counting on demo to be helpful making sliders. Retail version seems to be quite different from demo every year lol
Very good point
Old 08-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

Questions, suggestions anybody?? also I added my short input on online leagues at the bottom of my original post so check it out!
My Twitch Stream
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 12:49 AM   #6
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey Blue i know your getting ready for MADDEN 13
Old 08-24-2012, 02:14 AM   #7
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC0023
Hey Blue i know your getting ready for MADDEN 13
You know it!!!!!
My Twitch Stream
Old 08-24-2012, 04:25 AM   #8
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

100% Love the rules because that's how I play.
In the league I'm in we are allowed to switch so I'll probably struggle a bit getting back to user stick stuff lol

I always focus on a second set to use when in SS or this years player mode. Has anyone ever stated what sliders you QB uses when you are a D player only in SS type modes? Or vice versa..what sliders do your D players use if you are an O player in SS modes?

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »