Home

Is it "Real Time Physics" or better collision detection?

This is a discussion on Is it "Real Time Physics" or better collision detection? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Is it "Real Time Physics" or better collision detection?

Let me first preference this by saying I don't own M13, I have played the demo, I've watched many many gameplay videos from E3 to early retail release and I ONLY play online and head to head on All Madden.

After playing the demo I began to feel that not much seems different. My interpretation of RTP is a proper simulation of weight, momentum, speed, and strength being displayed when two or more objects collide or interact with each other. So after downloading the demo I wanted to first see how the OLine and DLine interacted and how well the run game was represented.

I must say that I'm disappointed to still see 300lb linemen being tossed around like rag dolls as I try to hit the gaps up the middle. I still see those run, get hit, and immediately fall to the ground animations. A 260lb RB going full speed is not supposed to loose any momentum when tackled from behind by a 200lb DB.

I read a comment the other day, A guy asked, "how is it a new RTP infinity engine when the motion captured tackle animations are the same"? I began to think, is this real time physics or just an improved collision detection system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Is it "Real Time Physics" or better collision detection?

Let me start off by saying it's the first year with the physics engine. Well that should explain everything.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

On June 4th, EA explained the IE would cover the tackling part of the game. They implemented IE in January.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Datruth, you're honestly covering stuff that has already been talked about ad nauseam. We know that this is year-one of physics, we knew that it was going to relate to tackling and collision only. We knew it wouldn't affect line play or other aspects. We knew that the engine would be augmenting the animations.

Is it procedural physics? Yes, and the point isn't worth arguing over because that's technically what it is.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Gentlemen, this has been discussed ad nauseam in several threads. Please use the search function and continue the discussion in an existing thread.

Closed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »