Home

Fatigue not working, backups not getting used in CCM-player.

This is a discussion on Fatigue not working, backups not getting used in CCM-player. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Fatigue not working, backups not getting used in CCM-player.

UPDATE
It seems that you can you impact changes on your team if you have fatigue to mess around with.

*Simming plays in CCM-Player (not coach mode) doesn't affect fatigue. So if you only play offense the CPU offense does not sub or get fatigued and vice versa for defense.

I must be missing something because there seems to be no fatigue or backups getting used in CCM-player mode? (Not CCM-coach mode).

I started a franchise with Walter Peyton and went to the Broncos and he sat the bench for the first games of the season. McGahee is rated 87 and Peyton is 85 and Peyton is #2 on the depth chart over Ball. So nothing out of the ordinary here.

But in the first games of the season Peyton only comes on when the 2nd back is used in two RBs sets and special teams. Still nothing really stands out as I thought it was just the game.

I take a look at the stats for my opponent and even their 2nd string RBs never really get touches of the ball. Maybe a few here and there but for the most part Starting Players will play the entire game unless they are injured. In the first game of the season Pitts #1 rb ran the entire game and Big Ben had 2 carries both sacks.

I know fatigue has been a problem in every single Madden but what's the point of having a depth chart if the CPU never has any reason to use. Even on my own team, Peyton isn't used in a a sub back or to run a play or two.

I'm using 8 minute quarters in CCM-Player. (I started out with 12 min quarters but it seems both teams can run way too many plays in when you sim to the next human play.

Is anyone seeing 2nd and 3rd string players getting a few touches by the CPU?

Last edited by JRod; 08-27-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Fatigue not working, backups not getting used in CCM-player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
I must be missing something because there seems to be no fatigue or backups getting used in CCM-player mode? (Not CCM-coach mode).

I started a franchise with Walter Peyton and went to the Broncos and he sat the bench for the first games of the season. McGahee is rated 87 and Peyton is 85 and Peyton is #2 on the depth chart over Ball. So nothing out of the ordinary here.

But in the first games of the season Peyton only comes on when the 2nd back is used in two RBs sets and special teams. Still nothing really stands out as I thought it was just the game.

I take a look at the stats for my opponent and even their 2nd string RBs never really get touches of the ball. Maybe a few here and there but for the most part Starting Players will play the entire game unless they are injured. In the first game of the season Pitts #1 rb ran the entire game and Big Ben had 2 carries both sacks.

I know fatigue has been a problem in every single Madden but what's the point of having a depth chart if the CPU never has any reason to use. Even on my own team, Peyton isn't used in a a sub back or to run a play or two.

I'm using 8 minute quarters in CCM-Player. (I started out with 12 min quarters but it seems both teams can run way too many plays in when you sim to the next human play.

Is anyone seeing 2nd and 3rd string players getting a few touches by the CPU?
have you tried lowering the fatigue slider yet?
Old 08-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
have you tried lowering the fatigue slider yet?
Not yet only screwing around with default sliders mostly to avoid ending up in slider hell.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
Rookie

jwin122's Arena

OVR: 0

I've noticed this too, but in both coach and player mode...

Actually, in preseason games, my backup quarterback comes in automatically in the 2nd quarter, but every other player on the field for my team on both offense and defense is my starters...

In coach mode, I simmed the preseason games and checked my team stats before advancing to the regular season and the only players who had recorded stats were my starters...

Does anyone else have issues with supersim when playing as a player? 10 minute quarters, and in only two quarters, there were over 60 points scored!
Old 08-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25
My fatigue is set to 75 and back ups come in from time to time, but once and a while I'll have 4 brand new OLmen...

Auto subs seem ineffective from my play time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
MVP

jknott10's Arena

I'm 2nd string on the cowboys. Through 12 games I have 40-60 touches don't remember. However I am in my second year. First year I was third string and touched the ball seven times
Old 08-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #7
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

Online CCM coach
15min q
Default sliders
15 sec clock

My whole D gets used, 2nd and even some 3rd string guys.
My HB and WR also get subbed.

So fatigue works for me, the CPU however I'm not sure.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:44 AM   #8
MVP

I up the fatigue for human and I saw more of my players. However this time I was playing as Peyton Manning and not an RB.

HOWEVER. The fatigue for the CPU is non-existant. Last game Mendenhall ran the ball 39 times for 197 yards. No other RB had a touch for the Steelers.

So while it seems that fatigue works when you are playing the game. It does not work while simming and there are no substitutions or fatigue when fast-simming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »