Home

Madden Mythbusting/ FAQ (Please read before posting a question)

This is a discussion on Madden Mythbusting/ FAQ (Please read before posting a question) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Madden Mythbusting/ FAQ (Please read before posting a question)

Okay, so I see a lot of the same questions popping up on the boards, so I decided to make a thread where you can get all the answers you need in one place. Feel free to add others.

1) YOU CANNOT EDIT ANYTHING IN CCM. This includes numbers, equipment, positions, and ratings. Nothing. Yes, duplicate numbers are an issue that they are looking into according to Josh Looman's twitter account. No, you cannot control all 32 teams, and there is no coach mode or spectator (cpu v cpu) in CCM. Not sure if this can be patched. *UPDATE* Duplicate Numbers are fixed in online CCMs. *Update 2* Team is "looking into" patching in player editing. Nothing confirmed yet.

2) SEASON TICKET AND RETAIL ARE THE SAME CODE. THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME GAME. ALWAYS. There is no difference between the season ticket version of Madden and the disc version. This goes for all EA releases.

3) The menus in CCM are confusing. If you are looking for depth charts, team salary info, etc, go to the "More" tab and start exploring.

4) There is a patch coming out soon, most likely in September. There's nothing confirmed, but the first release should include some gameplay tuning and some bugfixes, namely...

5) the weird issues with depth charts in preseason is a bug. The team knows about it and are working on it. *Update* fixed in online CCMs only. *Update 2* This has not been fixed yet.

6) Man coverage has a bug wherein defenders will approach the LOS before retreating into coverage. They are aware of this. Try to avoid hitting the right stick right after a play starts.

7) Assisted tackles and half sacks are in the game but not registering. They are aware of this, too.

8) Connected Career is not scripted. The things that play out in the first offseason are more or less consistent for people because everyone is starting from the same base, and the CPU is governed by specific AI logic. So it's not that TO getting cut is always going to happen, it's that he's not a good fit (and old), so more often than not the Seahawks will cut him.

9) Changing playcalling options in CCM is also bugged. It will revert back to game flow between weeks regardless of what you set it to.

10) "Coach Mode" and being a coach in CCM are 2 different things. Being a coach in CCM is just like traditional franchise, and "Coach Mode" is a gameplay style wherein the CPU executes the plays that you call. You cannot use "Coach Mode" in CCMs this year.

11) Just because your CCM is online does not mean it's open to online players. You can play a singleplayer online CC and have the benefits of tuning and using maddencareer.com without allowing people into your league. Just set the league settings to private, max users to 1, and use a password. Online CCM is exactly the same as offline CCM.

12) The inability to change schemes is a bug that the team is aware of. This was confirmed by Josh Looman on twitter about an hour ago. *Update* This is fixed in online CCM. Not sure about overall coaching schemes, though.

13) You can be in more than one CCM. I don't think it's unlimited for online (somebody said a max of 5), but offline is unlimited to the best of my knowledge.

14) Yes, backups in simmed preseason games get no plays in. I've reached out to my contacts to see if they're aware of this. Maybe using supersim will help with this issue.

15) There will be regular updates to the CCM roster. There was one that came out with the roster update on Friday. In order to use it with your CCM, you will need to start a new CCM after restarting your system. You will be prompted to download the new career rosters, which correspond only to CCM.

Here's a video showing it working...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81zNn...e_gdata_player

16) Playing as a solo player in an online CCM will allow you to get some updates to CCM due to online tuning patches. These may be small hotfixes. Offline CCM's will have to wait until the official patches come out to get any updates. UPDATE: So it looks like this works by pushing out server side updates to the code present in online CCM. You won't notice when things are updated (there's no "downloading tuner") but some issues should be fixed and will continue to be.

17) Confirmed via Josh Looman's twitter that there will be no fantasy draft patched into CCM this year. He did say though that they are "looking into" allowing some editing of players.

18) If you click through an instant replay, the UI does not load completely, only the playcalling screen. This is why you don't see the down, distance, and score. Pause the game and unpause to fix.

19) Accelerated clock doesn't work in user vs user games in online CCM's. I've tested this with a half dozen people now in every configuration possible, it simply doesn't work. Your cpu games it will work fine but if you're in a league with a few other guys when you go to play a human vs human game no accelerated clock

20) There's a bug that prevents you from signing free agents in preseason week 1. This has been fixed for online CCMs but will need to be patched for offline ccm.

21) There is a bug in CCM where your auto subs will be set to 51-49 for every position. Not sure of the gameplay implications. Haven't heard anything about a fix yet.

22) Overalls are different in CCM than they are in Play Now due to schemes. The game takes into account the type of player on the roster and the type of player the coach wants in that spot, and rates them up or down accordingly.

If there are any others that you can think of, feel free. Maybe this will help keep the same threads from being made over and over.

Last edited by mrprice33; 09-03-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.
re: Madden Mythbusting/ FAQ (Please read before posting a question)

Very cool...good idea. If you would, and if you think it'd help being here, too, a list of what bugs/glitches are in each mode would likely be very helpful - i.e. Play Now Exhibition mode bugs/glitches, CCM online bugs/glitches, CCM offline bugs/glitches, Coach bugs/glitches and Player bugs/glitches separated for all to see. Then between us all we can update whatever patches fix whatever issues.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

Hey Price,

Not trying to be a prick or start a war or anything man, I just wanted to ask you if you happened to know where you got all this from? Like do you "know" EA knows because of just surfing around OS and seeing all the bugs/glitches posted or have they confirmed via tweets, FB posts, etc about all these different things?

Also do you happen to know if there is any possibility of the patch being released before September 11th or is that date set in stone?

I just was curious how you got confirmation on all these items. If it is indeed true, I am very hopeful about some of this (except for the preseason roster bug as that was supposed to be addressed last year and never was).
Old 08-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefreitas
Hey Price,

Not trying to be a prick or start a war or anything man, I just wanted to ask you if you happened to know where you got all this from? Like do you "know" EA knows because of just surfing around OS and seeing all the bugs/glitches posted or have they confirmed via tweets, FB posts, etc about all these different things?

Also do you happen to know if there is any possibility of the patch being released before September 11th or is that date set in stone?

I just was curious how you got confirmation on all these items. If it is indeed true, I am very hopeful about some of this (except for the preseason roster bug as that was supposed to be addressed last year and never was).
It's cool. Everything I'm saying as confirmed is from EA, whether through Twitter, here, or through my own sourcing with my contacts within EA. It's still early in the planning stages, so I can't confirm what's going to be in the Sept 11 patch, but I've been assured that they know and are working on the issues that I've listed here. I'll update if I get more info.

Last edited by mrprice33; 08-28-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Very cool...good idea. If you would, and if you think it'd help being here, too, a list of what bugs/glitches are in each mode would likely be very helpful - i.e. Play Now Exhibition mode bugs/glitches, CCM online bugs/glitches, CCM offline bugs/glitches, Coach bugs/glitches and Player bugs/glitches separated for all to see. Then between us all we can update whatever patches fix whatever issues.
I figure people can read the bug thread for that. I'm trying to have either answers to questions that I see a lot, or things that I know are being looked at by the team. It's not just my thread, though, so if you want to add anything, please feel free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

Cool man. Not that I don't give you cred, I know that alot of you guys in here have solid connections to the sources and what not, I was just curious what avenues these things all came through.

I just hope the patch drops sooner by surprise so I can get my online league rolling. Until then I'll just test Jarrod's sliders out and work on auto subs and things like that.

Thanks for the info man.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
It's cool. As far as I know the Sept 11th thing is pretty much locked in. Everything I'm saying as confirmed is from EA, whether through Twitter, here, or through my own sourcing with my contacts within EA. It's still early in the planning stages, so I can't confirm what's going to be in the Sept 11 patch, but I've been assured that they know and are working on the issues that I've listed here. I'll update if I get more info.
Ummm no it's not. if your gonna start a thread with facts you should check them first. ( see the bold red sentence below). If you don't this will be like all the other threads filled with mis-information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

According to Joystiq, we should see the first Madden NFL 13 title update on September 11th. No details were given.

In Madden NFL 12 we saw two title updates and were promised tuner sets that never arrived.

Let's hope the Madden team can deliver the goods this year.

UPDATE: Just received word from EA Sports. The September 11th date is not confirmed. No specific date can be provided regarding updates until they have been approved by first parties.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Ummm no it's not. if your gonna start a thread with facts you should check them first. ( see the bold red sentence below). If you don't this will be like all the other threads filled with mis-information
Last I checked it was.

Will edit.

Upon further research they are shooting for first couple weeks in September, but are of course beholden to approval from MS and Sony.

Last edited by mrprice33; 08-28-2012 at 11:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »