Home

Madden 13 Sliders that are actually challenging and realistic!

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Sliders that are actually challenging and realistic! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 13 Sliders that are actually challenging and realistic!

Hi,

I'm fairly new posting here, but have used this forum to find Madden slider sets since 2010. The problem I've faced for years and continued to was that I could never find a slider set that was actually challenging AND realistic. But I owe credit to SECElit3, I used his Madden 12 sliders as my base for creating these. His sliders were ultimately too easy, but they opened me up to the idea of having most sliders set pretty low and letting player ratings create the differences.

I mean, using most sliders, I could win the league MVP with virtually any player. It's always been way too easy to run and pass. The only way to make the game challenging in the past was to have the sliders so unbalanced that the game became unrealistic.

Finally, for Madden 13, I've found sliders that have created realistic and challenging games. Any feedback you have is more than welcome, I'd love to know how these work for others.

Penalties, Injuries, and Special Teams are your preference.

I use a 15:00 game clock with acceleration and a 12-second minimum play clock. The amount of plays per game might be around 5-10 too many total, but that's pretty negligible, and worth it for getting to use a 15:00 game clock in my opinion.

Player Speed Threshold: 25

Game Speed: Slow

USER:

Passing:
QB Accuracy – 8 (for some QB's 7 works better)
Pass Blocking – 2
WR Catching – 48

Rushing:
Broken Tackles – 1
Run Blocking – 0
Fumbles – 12

Pass Defense:
Reaction Time – 3
Interceptions – 30
Pass Rushing – 12

Rush Defense:
Reaction Time – 1
Block Shedding – 1
Tackling – 11

CPU:

Passing:
QB Accuracy – 25 (trust me, bad QB's are still realistically inaccurate)
Pass Blocking – 9
WR Catching – 47

Rushing:
Broken Tackles – 0
Run Blocking – 12
Fumbles – 12

Pass Defense:
Reaction Time – 77
Interceptions – 25
Pass Rushing – 15

Rush Defense:
Reaction Time – 72
Block Shedding – 9
Tackling – 9

I'm never really done tweaking my sliders. *As I get better and better on offense with more play, I will continue to shift CPU sliders up.

Thanks!

Last edited by millencake; 08-29-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 03:27 AM   #2
MVP

ultimatefighter's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 13 Sliders that are actually challenging and realistic!

Hey man, hows the CPU rushing been for you and are you offline CCM?
Old 08-29-2012, 04:10 AM   #3
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

Interesting set, will have to try these out.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatefighter
Hey man, hows the CPU rushing been for you and are you offline CCM?

Yes, I have used these primarily in offline CCM and also offline single exhibition games. CPU rushing has been great. It's been a complete variety, which is exactly the way it should be. I've had 100 yard rushers against me a few times, and a few other times have completely shut them down, with everything in between.

For instance, I was Carolina, and against Tampa Bay, Doug Martin rushed for 114 yards on 19 carries. However, the very next game in which I was Denver vs. Pittsburgh, Redmon only had 19 yards on 14 carries. I've also seen several 20 rushes for 70 yards type games. If anything, it might still be a little hard, but I'm never really done tweaking my sliders. As I get better and better on offense with more play, I will continue to shift CPU sliders up.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
Rookie

J ROCK 05's Arena

Man these are very similar to the one that I made last night, when I get home I am going to compare them but for the first time ever in Madden I feel like my games show real stats and difficult games!!! I love the 15 min quarters with 10-14 sec accel clock works perfect!!! Great statistics too I played Vikings (me) vs Seahawks (Cpu) and Ponder went like 15-33 for 187 yds 1 td 1 int. Flynn went 18-31 284 2 td 1 int. Petterson 26 carries for 127 2 td (1rush 1rec ). Lynch 24car 87 yards. Did get burned deep a few times by freaking Sydney Rice but I suppose that is to be expected with the Vikes secondary. I had a lot of dropped passes on my team but thats because I had my WR catching at 40 so maybe I will mess with that and raise it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J ROCK 05
Man these are very similar to the one that I made last night, when I get home I am going to compare them but for the first time ever in Madden I feel like my games show real stats and difficult games!!! I love the 15 min quarters with 10-14 sec accel clock works perfect!!! Great statistics too I played Vikings (me) vs Seahawks (Cpu) and Ponder went like 15-33 for 187 yds 1 td 1 int. Flynn went 18-31 284 2 td 1 int. Petterson 26 carries for 127 2 td (1rush 1rec ). Lynch 24car 87 yards. Did get burned deep a few times by freaking Sydney Rice but I suppose that is to be expected with the Vikes secondary. I had a lot of dropped passes on my team but thats because I had my WR catching at 40 so maybe I will mess with that and raise it.

I'm actually thinking about raising my WR catch to 49. I'm still seeing 3-6 drops per game at 48, which is too many. For most teams it should be 1-3.

Anyway, I agree, this Madden is shaping up to be one of the better ones in the past 3-4 years at least.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
Rookie

J ROCK 05's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by millencake
I'm actually thinking about raising my WR catch to 49. I'm still seeing 3-6 drops per game at 48, which is too many. For most teams it should be 1-3.

Anyway, I agree, this Madden is shaping up to be one of the better ones in the past 3-4 years at least.

Yea man way too many drops on 40 for my Vikings lol but I think you are right bc I still want my qb accuracy to be where it's at so lower the qb accuracy and I should raise the cathes...makes sense!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 02:18 AM   #8
Rookie

Hey this is my first reply here just wanted to say GREAT sliders gives me a great challenge but i dont feel like im getting cheated i made a few adjustments but of all the sliders i tried and these are by far my favorite thanks a lot

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »