Home

any way to see ratings during free agency?

This is a discussion on any way to see ratings during free agency? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
any way to see ratings during free agency?

hi, when i'm actually in the middle of free agency and bidding, i couldn't see the complete ratings of the free agents. yes, the main bidding screen says what system they're good for and overall, but if i want to compare, for example the speed and catching of two free agent WRs, i have to just go on memory.

any way to do this during free agency? or do i just have to know every player in the league?

thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: any way to see ratings during free agency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
hi, when i'm actually in the middle of free agency and bidding, i couldn't see the complete ratings of the free agents. yes, the main bidding screen says what system they're good for and overall, but if i want to compare, for example the speed and catching of two free agent WRs, i have to just go on memory.

any way to do this during free agency? or do i just have to know every player in the league?

thanks.
I too am encountering this problem. I would like to see the ratings of individual traits. Am I just missing a menu like I normally am? Or is this another one of those "features you gave up so you can have a fake Twitter feed" things in Madden 13

K
Old 09-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #3
Rookie

two brilliant dudes like us cannot be missing an obvious screen.

it must not exist. i actually read a thread complaining about CC mode where this came up.

great move, EA.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

The problem: they decided to not let you see a player card from any menu except "ROSTER"

In previous games, you could see a player card from just about ANYWHERE. Depth chart, roster, trade menu, etc. Which was nice. Helpful

But now you're completely limited, and it ruins immersion. Look at the award races. Wow! Kolb is 2nd place for MVP? I wonder what his stats are for the season! Too bad you can't see them, because you can't see his player card from that screen

Free agency is just worse, because there is 0 ways to see their player cards, because free agents don't show up on the "ROSTER" screen

Sigh

K
Old 09-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #5
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
The problem: they decided to not let you see a player card from any menu except "ROSTER"

In previous games, you could see a player card from just about ANYWHERE. Depth chart, roster, trade menu, etc. Which was nice. Helpful
Yea, the new UI has plenty of warts... but this is the most annoying one. There needs to ALWAYS be a one-button shortcut to see the player card.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #6
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

don't have the game on rn so I can't look but can you not go to the seasons stats screen (I assume it would still be there through the offseason) sort by entire league and then by name and scroll through the players until you come to them? Lengthy and awkward I know (if possible) but hey
Old 09-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #7
Pro

not sure if it works the same in the offseason as i´ve only now "discovered" it, but during the season the website (maddencareer.com) is a great tool, lets you compare free agents, your players and players available for trade (yes, you can look up every player on the trade block there).
Old 09-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen from EA. Im really in denial right now. There has to be a way to see it. Who in their right mind thought leaving out player attributes would be a good idea.

I cant believe this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »