Home

What exactly is not working in offline CC mode?

This is a discussion on What exactly is not working in offline CC mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
What exactly is not working in offline CC mode?

I keep seeing posts on how bad offline connected career is, but there is not a clear specific list of what is not working. I am considering trying this mode since the online version will not allow switching coaches and also because I have experienced 2-3 disconnects from ea servers causing me to have to repeat several games.

I am looking to create a brief list of what is not working in connected career offline that makes everyone use online cc instead.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
Rookie

yanek27's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What exactly is not working in offline CC mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I keep seeing posts on how bad offline connected career is, but there is not a clear specific list of what is not working. I am considering trying this mode since the online version will not allow switching coaches and also because I have experienced 2-3 disconnects from ea servers causing me to have to repeat several games.

I am looking to create a brief list of what is not working in connected career offline that makes everyone use online cc instead.

Thanks
I thought I saw doing an online closed CCM is better than just offline, so thats what I would like answered
Old 09-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

I'd love to know this as well just to see if its worth starting before the patch. The trouble is everyone just says check the forum and locks the thread. The trouble is although i've checked its very hard to find all the problems without reading about 100 pages.

So pleae leave this thread open and add the problems as a lot of people want to know and find this info easily.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Online closed ccm i guess gets the tweaks of the game but offline you gotta wait for the patch. Online you can still d/c from cpu tho so if you wanna go through 16+ wks, + practices of dealing with the 50/50 then i guess it is better. :/
Old 09-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

In online CC you are able to get the tuning updates which fix some of the smaller issues. Here's the things I've noticed that I can remember.

1. Stats - The stats are way better in an online ccm. In offline all the teams score 30-40 a game, even bad qbs put up MVP numbers, and the sacks are messed up.

2. Resetting - In offline a lot of the options you choose seem to reset all the time. The player types in your scheme as a coach is one of the big ones. If you change it offline it just goes back to whatever the team's default is.

3. Progression and Scouting - More points are given for each of these online. Progression still doesn't work quite as well as it should, but it is slightly more powerful online.

4. Freezing - My offline CCM froze fiarly often, my online one does not.

5. Load times - My online CCM's have basically no load times in between weeks, while offline would have some short ones.

Due to these things I only play online now. I love the game and the ideas, I feel like EA made this game for people like me, but it can be frustrating when things just don't work. The major drawback for online is that it is common to lose connection to the EA servers in a game and lose whatever progress I made during the game. This sucks pretty hard when you are playing a really close game in the 4th and the message pops up to tell you nothing will be recorded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

If you are a casual gamer and don't care about what the cpu does and the cpu stats, scores, and progression, then I think some of the problems are less obvious.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
sliders and difficulty doesn't work correctly. compared to play now.
not sure If it does work correctly on online though. only played play now to compare.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
Rookie

yanek27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badguy1985
In online CC you are able to get the tuning updates which fix some of the smaller issues. Here's the things I've noticed that I can remember.

1. Stats - The stats are way better in an online ccm. In offline all the teams score 30-40 a game, even bad qbs put up MVP numbers, and the sacks are messed up.

2. Resetting - In offline a lot of the options you choose seem to reset all the time. The player types in your scheme as a coach is one of the big ones. If you change it offline it just goes back to whatever the team's default is.

3. Progression and Scouting - More points are given for each of these online. Progression still doesn't work quite as well as it should, but it is slightly more powerful online.

4. Freezing - My offline CCM froze fiarly often, my online one does not.

5. Load times - My online CCM's have basically no load times in between weeks, while offline would have some short ones.

Due to these things I only play online now. I love the game and the ideas, I feel like EA made this game for people like me, but it can be frustrating when things just don't work. The major drawback for online is that it is common to lose connection to the EA servers in a game and lose whatever progress I made during the game. This sucks pretty hard when you are playing a really close game in the 4th and the message pops up to tell you nothing will be recorded.

So if I have terrible internet (less than 1mb) if I start an online CCM for myself then close it, do I need to be online all the time to play the game or just start it? Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »