Home

So, All of The Complaining Amounts to 4 Things?

This is a discussion on So, All of The Complaining Amounts to 4 Things? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
So, All of The Complaining Amounts to 4 Things?

1) Editing the players - I suspect people want to boost their favorite player ratings, or change players to different positions (lowering their overall ratings) to sign them for cheap.

2) Importing a draft class from NCAA football - I never cared about this or college football

3) Fantasy Draft - I never cared to build a fake team

4) Two-player franchise - Never cared for this. Can't we already join online franchises?

I'm thinking about getting back into madden. I haven't bought a madden game since madden 10. I loved '03-'07 on ps2. I had '08 on psp and thought it was a waste. I skipped '09. After playing the '11 and '12 demos, they didn't seem any different from '10 -- just cleaner animations.

I was just wondering, is that all of the "problems" that people have with this years game? I dislike EA as much as the next person, but those seem like very petty issues. When reading the complaints, people never really talk about much else.

** Please, no 2k fanboys. Every place I go to read about madden seems to be full of a small militia of jaded people who have nothing else to do besides flooding topics with negativity, because they can't play their crappy series anymore**
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: So, All of The Complaining Amounts to 4 Things?

If none of those issues bother you then go for it. You don't seem to really grasp the issue people are having with #1, but again. If you simply want to plug and play you might enjoy this game.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8

Id go ahead and get it, myself and a old college roommate are playing online CCM, thoroughly enjoying. Are there issues? Yes. But im still enjoying the game, most fun ive had in years, but that can be attributed to my absence from 32 team user leagues, lot of weiners online.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Let's add a few more here:

* Inability to switch cameras in ccm. You're forced to play on standard.
* Suspect AI.
* Unrealistic play calling at times
* Progression issues
* Server instability

Just to add a few. There are more but those would be nitpicking minor issues.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

5) They're too stupid to figure out CC. Its true.

But for problem number #1 it is not just that. Take my CC for example. I wanna switch the Ravens from a 3-4 to a 4-3. Now if I do that I would have to change Ngata to a DT and my some of my OLB to DEs. I can't do that. Yes, I could just plug Ngata in at DT in the depth chart but he takes an awr hit plus it throws off your roster requirements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
If none of those issues bother you then go for it. You don't seem to really grasp the issue people are having with #1, but again. If you simply want to plug and play you might enjoy this game.
What else is there to gain from editing players? You can't play competitively (online) with your "judgement call" ratings, and the ratings will more-than-likely change during the franchise mode, anyway.

Sure, I think some ratings are a little off, but again... those are the one's that we're stuck with for competitive play. And, they'll change in franchise mode with regular pro/regression.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
Rookie

k2thaz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by already
What else is there to gain from editing players? You can't play competitively (online) with your "judgement call" ratings, and the ratings will more-than-likely change during the franchise mode, anyway.

Sure, I think some ratings are a little off, but again... those are the one's that we're stuck with for competitive play. And, they'll change in franchise mode with regular pro/regression.
what do we get from editing players. how about not having rookies for there team wear the same as legends. I drafted a CB who's #20 and a DE #92. it doesn't look right. Then you have a running back with huge elbow pads, no gloves and a weird facemask.

I can care less about editing ratings, although with the lack of progression I'd need too.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Basically every CPU team calls runs 60-70% of the time. I can overlook everything else, but this is pretty pathetic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »