Home

Sub I-line RB

This is a discussion on Sub I-line RB within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Sub I-line RB

Playing with the Chiefs, I use Hillis to run in I-formation, but Charles as the 1. RB in depth chart. In previous Madden I could make the sub in one game, and this would be set like this the next game, so I don't have to keep subbing and subbing before every 1. play every game.

How do I make this subbing stick?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Sub I-line RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXtrmntr
Playing with the Chiefs, I use Hillis to run in I-formation, but Charles as the 1. RB in depth chart. In previous Madden I could make the sub in one game, and this would be set like this the next game, so I don't have to keep subbing and subbing before every 1. play every game.

How do I make this subbing stick?
Have you tried the same thing in online CCM? I did the same subbing strategy as you in Madden 12 and I loved it. But offline CCM in 13 has MANY issues saving user settings. I wouldn't be surprised if this is yet another setting that does not save.

That being the case, a lot of these issues were fixed in online CCM. So I'm curious if you've tried it there.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
Have you tried the same thing in online CCM? I did the same subbing strategy as you in Madden 12 and I loved it. But offline CCM in 13 has MANY issues saving user settings. I wouldn't be surprised if this is yet another setting that does not save.

That being the case, a lot of these issues were fixed in online CCM. So I'm curious if you've tried it there.
Haven't tried online.

So is there noone out there using this sub-system?
Cannot be stuck with a lot of great running backs and only 1 is really needed?
Old 09-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have tried this as well with my packers. Specifically my receiver sets and they didn't stick, and I am playing online. Haven't tried in the last few days though but I doubt it has changed
Old 09-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #5
Rookie

I feel more and more that "Franchise mode" is a step back from previous versions of Franchise of Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
Rookie

I play online and the subbing doesn't save for the next game, I still don't understand why we can't set the subs out of the game in the CCM menus. Would make it a lot easier especially for simmers. Could set certain HB's to be in certain sets so one guy doesn't end up with 95% of the carries. Being able to sub in the menus would also make it great for defense too, could have Specific LB's or linemen for certain packages.

I play as the Browns and I like using Brandon Jackson in 2 of the singleback forms and in 1 Gun form and then Hardesty in the Weak I. So when I go to use a play in those forms I hit R1 (PS3) and sub them in and they'll be the HB that comes in whenever I call a play from that formation the rest of that game.

As of now this is the only way I've found to do it. It's a little annoying but it only takes a few seconds to make the change, and it makes the stats feel more realistic since teams usually give carries to multiple backs.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #7
Rookie

Hades71's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXtrmntr
I feel more and more that "Franchise mode" is a step back from previous versions of Franchise of Madden.
Or maybe its a huge leap forward that needs the kinks ironed out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »