Home

Madden 12 - damn it's nice

This is a discussion on Madden 12 - damn it's nice within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2012, 02:45 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Madden 12 - damn it's nice

I played 12 today for the first time since 13 came out. Now I like 13 gameplay but 12 is just great as the whole package. The game speed and how the game flows is just perfect. 13 is a bit more frantic which i also like but 12 is paced just right. The graphics and presentation as a whole are great. I miss the team home specific sounds and intros in 13. You'd think that would be easy to port over. And 12 CPU late game ai is 100x better than 13.

13 gameplay is better but 12 isn't that bad. Franchise 12 owns 13. I don't know what to do. I guess keep both and play each? I can't choose one over the other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 03:11 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 12 - damn it's nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
I played 12 today for the first time since 13 came out. Now I like 13 gameplay but 12 is just great as the whole package. The game speed and how the game flows is just perfect. 13 is a bit more frantic which i also like but 12 is paced just right. The graphics and presentation as a whole are great. I miss the team home specific sounds and intros in 13. You'd think that would be easy to port over. And 12 CPU late game ai is 100x better than 13.

13 gameplay is better but 12 isn't that bad. Franchise 12 owns 13. I don't know what to do. I guess keep both and play each? I can't choose one over the other.

sorry i really disagree on that part. Madden 13 is miles ahead better
then madden 12 in franchise mode.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #3
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah...I think '12 was one of the most hated Maddens.

This is the typical OS attitude to the timeline of Madden's release:

2 months before release - "I'm really looking forward to this, I think they'll finally get it right this year."
2 weeks after release - "This game is amazing!! Best Madden ever!!"
2 months after release - "This game sucks!! Gameplay is broken, online play is broken. Down with EA!"

Thats how it usually was. The difference with '12 was that, in contrast to the ones before it, the game was hated even before its release. And then continued to be hated.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:57 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1

I know what you're saying about M12 and all the featues it has and the graphics are nice. But M13 is so much better gameplay. I did the same as you. I put M12 on my console and played a little and is was fun, but once I saw the running of the AI WR I was chasing it was awful!..he was running like herky jerky...very bad animations. I took 12 out as fast as you can say New York!!...No way I'm going back to that old animation.

M13 is coming to his own and it will get better. I'm enjoying it because it is a little different, and most important for me...it's fun!...strange for me to say this because I hated the other maddens not 12, but from 06-09 were awfull!

Also, I admit, I'm more of a casual gamer more then sim, I like sim too don't get me wrong but I hardly know most of these football players..Maybe I know 10, the rest I don't know! so player likeness don't bother me.

I do like presentation in games and this is were madden falls way short IMO. That's what I don't like about Madden. They alway put no effort with presentation. In saying that I'm having fun with this years Madden 13.

I've been playing football games since back on the Commodore 64 and Amiga days of the early 80's. so these issues that people here complain about don't matter to me, and I respect their concerns to. They have a right to gripe about their dissapointments with Madden..I have them too.

I played a heck of a lot of the first madded for the PC, talk about graphic, those were simple, but it wasn't too bad..I loved it. I remeber it well, you had to use the mouse to move and throw the football round the screen! The second PC Madden 2 version was ok too., a little better graphics.

I also played Front Page Football (PC) from Dynamix/Sierra....That was also fun played all versions. Man, there were so many FB games to pick back then..I enjoyed them all for what they were becuase they were all different, There even was one that had real videos, Can't remember the name but it was cool!...played like crap on the PC but it was something new!

I can say right now to the people that are dissapointed with madded 13 is to enjoy it for what it is now...The next one will be here before we know it. Just think of it as a surprise of what we'll get next year and look forward to it and all will be fine..don't stress the small stuff.....and don't stess things we can't control.

Boy, looks like I wrote a book!!..lol..sorry about that..Didn't mean too.

Enjoy you're Madden, whatever version you play!! and have FUN!!

peace!
Old 09-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

There are too many little things missing in CCM and I guess they wont bother adding them in a patch, we'll just have to wait for M14

It's pretty pathetic how much is missing though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Racing
I know what you're saying about M12 and all the featues it has and the graphics are nice. But M13 is so much better gameplay. I did the same as you. I put M12 on my console and played a little and is was fun, but once I saw the running of the AI WR I was chasing it was awful!..he was running like herky jerky...very bad animations. I took 12 out as fast as you can say New York!!...No way I'm going back to that old animation.

M13 is coming to his own and it will get better. I'm enjoying it because it is a little different, and most important for me...it's fun!...strange for me to say this because I hated the other maddens not 12, but from 06-09 were awfull!

Also, I admit, I'm more of a casual gamer more then sim, I like sim too don't get me wrong but I hardly know most of these football players..Maybe I know 10, the rest I don't know! so player likeness don't bother me.

I do like presentation in games and this is were madden falls way short IMO. That's what I don't like about Madden. They alway put no effort with presentation. In saying that I'm having fun with this years Madden 13.

I've been playing football games since back on the Commodore 64 and Amiga days of the early 80's. so these issues that people here complain about don't matter to me, and I respect their concerns to. They have a right to gripe about their dissapointments with Madden..I have them too.

I played a heck of a lot of the first madded for the PC, talk about graphic, those were simple, but it wasn't too bad..I loved it. I remeber it well, you had to use the mouse to move and throw the football round the screen! The second PC Madden 2 version was ok too., a little better graphics.

I also played Front Page Football (PC) from Dynamix/Sierra....That was also fun played all versions. Man, there were so many FB games to pick back then..I enjoyed them all for what they were becuase they were all different, There even was one that had real videos, Can't remember the name but it was cool!...played like crap on the PC but it was something new!

I can say right now to the people that are dissapointed with madded 13 is to enjoy it for what it is now...The next one will be here before we know it. Just think of it as a surprise of what we'll get next year and look forward to it and all will be fine..don't stress the small stuff.....and don't stess things we can't control.

Boy, looks like I wrote a book!!..lol..sorry about that..Didn't mean too.

Enjoy you're Madden, whatever version you play!! and have FUN!!

peace!
wow man im with you on the old skool football man those where the days....simple and fun....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #7
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

I could never go back to 12. I'd get obsessed again with making a perfect draft class though it's broken to begin with.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I haven't played the retail copy of 13, but I already know from videos and feature lists that it does a lot of things better than Madden 12. However, a lot of things that are important to me are missing and I already know that I wouldn't enjoy Madden 13 as much as I enjoy 12.

I only got M12 back in Feb. and I have put a lot of time in with custom settings and sliders... but also building custom offensive and defensive playbooks as well. The story lines look interesting from what I have seen spoiled, but I don't really want to pay $60 for a twitter feed and updated rosters.

Now, I have high hopes for Madden 14, but what I really want are improvements in line interactions and massive improvements to the artificial intelligence. Not just on the field AI, but decision making and other areas as well. For example, the computer constantly taking a time out with 1:01 left in the half/game. Also, the AI seems confused on what it wants to do at the end of each half. It will call a draw or a FB dive to run out the clock, and then call a quick time out... and then do that again two more times and punt it to me.

I have read/seen that some people at OS have found copies on Craig's List for like $20. Now I could see paying $20 but not $60. At least not when I already have 10, 11, 12, and NCAA 11... and ESPN 2k5... and APF2k8. I need a lot more to blow another sixty bucks. I have an entertainment budget, and there are other games on my list I have yet to buy. In a weird way that actually makes me happy I don't feel the need to buy 13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »