Home

How's Your GM Mode going? NHL 13 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your GM Mode going? NHL 13 Edition within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
How's your BeAGM going?

You guys know the drill, let's tell everyone about our BeAGM stories!

I'm in the 2014-2015 playoffs against Boston(The team who eliminated us last year) as the Florida Panthers. We're up 3 games to 1 and ready to take the series in Florida.

A little backstory. In my first season, I traded away Jose Theodore and threw in rookie Jacob Markstrom as the starter as a 76 overall. We didn't make the playoffs that first year but Markstrom had a decent year and progressed to a 79 overall.

During the off-season, we signed Simon Gagne to a 7 year deal, and C Derek Stepan to give us a good passing center. Gagne instantly became the captain and led us to the playoffs, where we were promptly ousted by the Penguins.

Onto the off-season, we don't really make any high profile signings, as we are happy with where our team finished last year.

We make the playoffs, and we're outed by the Boston Bruins in a heartbreaking game 7 loss.

Moving on to the off-season, Goalie Jacob Markstrom has progressed to an 84 overall, Jonathan Huberdeau looks like he's ready to make the jump to elite status with an 89 overall; And boy, Elite did he become.

He finished the season leading the league in points with 84, and was 4 goals away from 40. Simon Gagne continued to impress, finishing with 32 goals. Also, despite Jacob Markstrom missing 6 weeks with a groin injury, he still won 31 GAMES! If he would have played the entire season healthy i'm convinced he would have won the Vezina.

Onto the playoffs, and we get our old rival Boston Bruins in the first round. It was an EPIC series, despite us winning 4-1, the two goalies for these teams were absolutely on point the entire series. 2 double OT games, 2 shutouts, and no goalie allowing more than 3 goals in any one game.

Onto game 5, it's 0-0 heading into overtime, neither team can get a goal in the first OT. Tukka Rask and Jacob Markstrom are turning EVERYTHING away, but then, with just seconds left in 2OT, Mario Kempe gets a rebound in front of the net and buries it 5 hole on Rask to give the Panthers the game and the series!

Seriously the most epic, fun game iv'e ever played in an NHL game. I had to turn the game off due to the excitement that I had before we move onto round 2 against Carolina, who we always seem to beat handily.

Here are Markstroms stats from that final game..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Rookie

Woody19's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How's your BeAGM going?

I'm currently managing the Blue Jackets in my first year. Made it to the play offs as No. 8 in the west - first round against the reigning SC champions, LA. Won the series in a hard fought battle yesterday evening, beating them 4-2 overall.
My team currently looks like this:

Pacioretty - Dubinsky - Henrique
Landeskog - Brassard - Horton
Schremp - Johansen - Kubalik
Dorsett - Brulé - Boll

Wisniewski - Johnson
Tyutin - Barker
Nikitin - Ranger

Mason
Bobrovsky

I will try everything to reach the SC finals, but first I have to battle the Sharks - that'll be tough enough.

My plans for the off season are re-signing Nathan Horton, trading Jack Johnson for a defensively more reliable D-man, and promoting Murray to my first team. Also, I could do with a good No. 1 centre, possibly in exchange for Brassard, as he's very injury prone.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Going to start mine when the next roster update releases. So I can have guys under contract already like Seguin, Marchand and so forth.

I love to play the role of Fantasy Draft I did it on last years game, I find it very rewarding, I usually don't sign players over the age of 28. When they do reach that age of of 289 I'll sign them to a 2 yr or 1 yr deal two if I can and place them as my grinding unit 4 liners they actually really help. I find it very rewarding as a fantasy draft player because you are drafting all your players managing pretty much everything.

I play all my games never sim, so Wheeling and dealing is my forte, gotta be careful not to deal away free agent signings right away because then in Free Agency guys wont sign because you have built up a reputation to sign and trade I've made that mistake last season.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #4
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

I've made a few trades thus far- I'm really just doing a placeholder BaGM at the moment. Got Mike Smith, Sheldon Souray, a few first round picks. Ended up with a lot of good prospects like MacKinnon and Lazar.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:16 AM   #5
Rookie

Pretty Good Stripped Ottawa so i can win the cup multiple times in 10 years have galchenyuk, Subban (malcom), Mckinnan , ive got loads of prospects and am making a run for the cup in 2 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
Rookie

i took the canucks in. first order of business was trading luongo. i put him on the block but received 0 offers.

i started schneider in net and went 1-11-0 with no injuries.
so i put luongo in and got my record to 5-22-3.

with my season pretty much lost right there i traded luongo to detroit for calle jarnkrok, a 1st, and thomas mccollum.

i was also trying to find a deal for raymond but no one was biting.

i finished dead freaking last and injuries were a major factor. i lost daniel sedin for roughly 60 games due to a concussion and at one point i had garrison, bieksa, alberts, tanev, ballard and sauve injured for 3 weeks. so needless to say my d was pretty bad.

at the end of the season i let go burrows, raymond, and my depth guys. i signed shane doan to a 1 year deal. i also picked nathan mckinnon as my first overall pick, and took alexander barkov with detroits pick later on.

going into year 2 my lines look like this:
sedin-sedin-doan
higgins-kesler-booth
jarnkrok-gaunce-hansen
kassian-malhotra-lapierre

edler-bieksa
garrison-ballard
hamhuis-sauve

schneider
lack

hoping for a better year 2
Old 09-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Skrody wish u luck in year 2, starting year 3.
Lines are

Lw Sven Bartchi 86 Overall and has 4 and a half stars in potential
C Nathan Mckinnion 71 Overall and has 5 stars
Rw Phil Kessel 88 Overall signed him as a free agent.

Is My First line..
Old 09-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #8
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

I am 16-6-1 with Tampa. Stamkos leads the league in goals and he and St. Louis are top in plus minus. Anders Lindback has 14 wins and a 2.09 GAA. I haven't done a lot of trading. I brought in Jason Arnott, Roman Hamrlik, Radek Dvorak and Matt Fraser. Shipped out Eric Brewer, Matt Clark, Adam Hall and Marc Bergeron

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »