Home

EA Sports Football Club :: Catalogue

This is a discussion on EA Sports Football Club :: Catalogue within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
EA Sports Football Club :: Catalogue

So I'm starting this thread with the hopes that one like it doesn't exist, but I don't see one based on a quick search.

We can all spend our XP now instead of just collecting them and staring at them as virtual currency aka. evidence of addiction.

What's everybody gonna buy?

Also, let's figure out how it works!

You can filter the items based on: Career, Gameplay, Online, Owned, and Ultimate Team. In addition, each user can pick through items available to them at their current XP level.

The descriptions aren't very thorough. For instance, you can purchase a "Scout Future Star" boost. Will you be able to use this once per season for your entire career or once per season period? In other words, you'd have to buy at the start of each season? That's my guess. Anyhow, what is the difference between a LVL 5 "Scout Future Star" and a LVL 15 "Scout Future Star"? The descriptions are identical yet the LVL 15 one is 1750 XP and the LVL 15 one is 2250 XP.

The same occurs with Skills Boosts, and Defense Boost.

Another popular item in the catalog is the Edit Player in Career. Does this apply to your entire squad in your given Career Mode?

[Note for Qb: You grabbed that one. Can you explain to us how it works?]

In general, I'm a bit ambivalent about some of these items because they essentially amount to buying "Game Shark" style cheats. Hence, the "International Manager Offer" and the "Billionaire Takeover" items.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
Rookie

WerderBremenYank's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports Football Club :: Catalogue

First thing I bought was the 1964/65 Werder Bremen Kit.

...It was actually what i was looking forward to must as part of the catalogue.

The classic Bundesliga kits are a great addition for those who love that league.

Also bought the bonus coins per game packs for FUT. They've provided a nice little boost to get things rolling in that department.
NCAA Football: Notre Dame Fighting Irish , University of Kentucky Wildcats
NCAA Basketball: Butler Bulldogs , University of Kentucky Wildcats
NHL: St. Louis Blues
Old 09-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

I bought the ability to edit players and it applies to your entire Career Mode and your entire squad.

Unfortunately, it does NOT apply to anything but accessories. That's fine though.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
Rookie

Rouchicus's Arena

OVR: 1

This might be one of my favorite things that they have included this year. I think I'll find myself getting more longevity out of the game if I'm constantly working towards unlocking new and cool stuff.

Personally, editing accessories is something I will really enjoy on CM.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Yeah, the catalog is the *perfect* feature of FIFA 13 when it comes to just geeking out and collecting things. I might actually bother to grind away at skills games, etc.

One thing they should implement in the game is a clear understanding of how to acquire the currency. I was wrong in my original post. It's not XP, it's these FCC coins you're spending. I'm not even sure what that acronym means and Google turned up very little.

Re: Accessories, it's amazing how many different boots are in the game yet how few of them are found in the Select Boots menu. For instance, I went to edit my team's accessories in Career Mode to find that 80% of my team are wearing unusual boots that I can't find in any menu, in-game or in the EASFC store!

Craig Bellamy is wearing a really cool pair of what appear to be Addidas. They're all black with tiny red embellishments on the heal.

Also, EA should really configure the game to allow for Home / Away kit changes, the way NBA 2K does. The same boots rarely look good on both kits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Well, I still can't find any resource or guide to how one goes about earning Football Club Credits. EA really isn't very good at this sort of thing, apparently. There's no reason for keeping that a secret.

I've scoured Google and nothing has turned up.

This morning, I played an online friendly and earned 400 credits, but I'm not sure if that's because it's the first time I've ever done it. Very odd implementation. Whenever I earn credits, it just sorta comes as a surprise.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Good idea for a thread. Hopefully we can find (or create) a guide for earning FCCs, which BTW I assume means 'Football Club Credits'. I earned 50 for winning a live fixture; only 7 for winning a Pro Clubs drop-in game (!?); and was told I reached the maximum amount I could earn from skill games in one day (boo!).

Also, I can't explain editing in career mode because I haven't done it yet. I was set to fool around with CM last night before the ST rug was pulled from under us. Now I have to wait a few days for my copy to arrive.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #8
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Ah, no worries. I bought the Edit Player thing and tried it out.

It shows up for *any* of your Career Mode save games under Settings / Edit Player in your Career Mode menu.

Within there, you'll see a list of your entire squad, from soup to nuts, and you can edit any of their Accessories to your heart's content. It mostly comes down to boots of course, because the rest of the accessories are a bit silly. Like gloves for instance...outside of weirdos like Balotelli or the Scandinavian leagues, footballers wearing gloves is pretty rare!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »