Home

Forced to retire? Really?

This is a discussion on Forced to retire? Really? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Forced to retire? Really?

Playing offline coach mode. I like to stuggle, build a winner..Took the Skins..went 4-8, 4-8 then 8-8. After third season my only option was to "retire coach".
Does this mean you have to win or your canned? if so,,that bites.

I dont want to play a game if im contstantly a good team..thats boring.

This has P.O off bigtime. Spent all this time playng 3 years to build my team up then Im forced to retire..
Seems I find something new to annoy me every time I play..This is the worst.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Forced to retire? Really?

Im an idiot..Just realized there was an option for that..Still think its annoying,,that you get fired after improving..

How do I delete thread?

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:09 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

Part of the issue might have been only playing 12 games for the first 2 seasons (I assume you meant 4-12?).

I thought I recall hearing that when you're forced to retire, you should be able to become a new coach, which could then just be whoever takes over control of the Redskins. Was this not the case? Was your CCM over completely and unable to be continued after this happened?
Old 09-30-2012, 12:48 AM   #4
Rookie

oops..yeah i wa 4-12. 4-12 first 2 years.

My options is to "retire from the league" or "create new coach"..
im assuming retire means you are done...creat new coach appears to mean that you can continue with the league as a new coach, which is silly. I can just remake myself as the Skins coach again.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:48 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayb
Playing offline coach mode. I like to stuggle, build a winner..Took the Skins..went 4-8, 4-8 then 8-8. After third season my only option was to "retire coach".
Does this mean you have to win or your canned? if so,,that bites.

I dont want to play a game if im contstantly a good team..thats boring.

This has P.O off bigtime. Spent all this time playng 3 years to build my team up then Im forced to retire..
Seems I find something new to annoy me every time I play..This is the worst.
Well - 4-12, 4-12, 8-8 is a total 16-32 record. That's a .333 win percentage.

That said, things like this should take into account team strength and whatnot. I mean if you had the Colts who went 1-15...but lost Peyton Manning, you SHOULD suck and if you do, it should be expected.

I do agree that 4-game improvement to respectability (heck, 8-8 has won divisions before, let alone playoff spots) should keep you on the "hot seat" but not necessarily outright fire you.

Does M13 have owner personalities? I know in OOTP there's stuff like Demanding, Tolerant, etc, that impact both expectations and how patient the owner is with you before firing you. It is silly you have to RETIRE - why can't your coach just look for another job. Not like we've never seen coaches change teams after getting the axe in the NFL...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 02:06 AM   #6
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Well - 4-12, 4-12, 8-8 is a total 16-32 record. That's a .333 win percentage.

That said, things like this should take into account team strength and whatnot. I mean if you had the Colts who went 1-15.
Well if we're looking at real life, coaches are fired all the time even if the team's players are "bad". Look at the 49ers, sure they have a great team, but as soon as they bring in Harbaugh they improve to a 13-3 record, jumping 5 wins. Adding a new coach can be the spark that the team needs to become good once again. Coaches have a lot to do with the team's record, as much as the players do.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:49 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

No offense, but how do you go 16-32 with the Redskins? Do you sim the games? What difficulty level is it on?
Old 09-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #8
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

It's not like that scenario is crazy. In real life the Skins front office might look at your collective winning percentage over the length of your contract and see just how low it is and decided to give you the boot. Even though you did go 8-8 they probably wouldn't see you as a winning coach so now that the team has more talent they could feel that a new coach could take the team to the next level. Now these are all hypothetical situations but whenever something odd happens to me in a game I like to create a storyline around it and it honestly makes the situation less frustrating. I suggest more people try it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »