Home

Virtual Currency frustration

This is a discussion on Virtual Currency frustration within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
Rookie

xxjustblazexx's Arena

OVR: 3
Angry Virtual Currency frustration

I would just like to start off by saying i love 2K13, it is by far the best basketball i have played in YEARS, i wouldnt trade it for any other game and the 2k team really did their thing this year.

With that being said, I HATE THE CURRENT VIRTUAL CURRENCY SYSTEM. I understand that it is supposed to be a type of reward system but how much of a reward is it to play MyTeam against people who spent real money buying LeBron, Steph Curry and Dwight. I understand this money is going to 2k so they are pleased but i feel like for a person who doesnt want to spend real money this game is impossibly hard. I really didnt want to come on here and rant, i enjoy reading the posts here and not really talking much but i just had to get these points off my chest...

MyPlayer store- I feel like EVERYTHING is severely over priced. The sweaters or longsleeve shirts are 5,000 VC.... You only get about 250VC per game so basically for one shirt you have to play about 20 games. I know its something extra but it would be nice to look good for less you know? And yes the plain tops are a lot cheaper but they have no design or anything, just a solid color, thats lame.

MyCareer- This might be the worst part. Now i am no god at this game. I think im like average, i was better last year. But uhhh, i am finding it VERY difficult to be good in myplayer, first i am not getting much minutes, because of that i cant complete milestones, no milestones, no extra VC. And payday comes around and i barely get any VC. You are forced to sign for 500VC over a year or 2. that is INCREDIBLE. 500VC wont move most of my stats up more than 3. How long will i be a bum bench warmer in this mode?

MyTeam- More of my frustration comes from losing to people who DID choose to spend money, right now my team is Rivers, Korver, MikeMiller, Novak, Radmanovic. With them starting and even worse guys on the bench i have made it up to the 6th seed AKA Lebron land. EVERYONE here has lebron and its hard to compete when he is a better center than my center and point than my point. I tried to get more players by buying gold packs but have YET to get a player, all i get is stadiums and jerseys.

NBA Blacktop- WHY exactly do we have to waste VC to play with some guys on the blacktop? i understand if it was legends, but really, Jrue holiday? Caron butler?

Again i love 2k but i dont want them to FORCE me to spend real money to fully enjoy their game, i feel like they beat EA and then turned in to them using us for micro-transactions. Anyone else have thoughts on this? im about to just give up on every mode except the association until i go through enough seasons that im loaded with VC...

favorite teams:
OKC Thunder
Seattle Seahawks
University of miami (college football)
University of louisville (college basketball)
Devin hester!! Terrence Williams!!

Last edited by xxjustblazexx; 10-04-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Virtual Currency frustration

i agree with everything you said.. the amount of VC you get per game for MyPlayer is ridiculous it should definitely be more or have the price of things drop by a lot. Like you said 5,000 for a sweater? That would be like the equivalent to paying a million dollars for a sweater in real life.. yeah not going to happen
Old 10-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

OVR: 8

I agree as well, they took (in my opinion) MUT and expanded on it in a bad way. I am not a fan of this type of business and don't support it.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
Rookie

xxjustblazexx's Arena

OVR: 3

Im glad people agree, i normally dont like to complain about something without having a viable solution, but i really think the only way out is for them to lower the in-game VC price, it just doesnt add up. Also, for fun i checked out the jewelry prices in MyPlayer... You cant even use VC, one is 2000 MS points (blue diamond), one is 400 MS points (gold) and the other is 800 (platinum). Wow. I guess i care about customizing a virtual guy too much but its kind of annoying, i cant wear my normal arm sleeve, leg sleeves and finger tape because my whole look combined costs about 3000VC and right this minute i have 660VC

favorite teams:
OKC Thunder
Seattle Seahawks
University of miami (college football)
University of louisville (college basketball)
Devin hester!! Terrence Williams!!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

dude ive only played like 5 games in total and ive earned about 3,000 VC so far and it is very helpful in improving your myplayer. just play the game, you earn VC for virtual anything you do. just play and you'll build up VC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

VC is spread to thin it seems imo you have to use it for MyTeam Equipment for your Myplayer and raising his skills.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Y'all do realize you gain VC for like play now games and Association games too right.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
dude ive only played like 5 games in total and ive earned about 3,000 VC so far and it is very helpful in improving your myplayer. just play the game, you earn VC for virtual anything you do. just play and you'll build up VC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Y'all do realize you gain VC for like play now games and Association games too right.
Comments like this is the reason why 2k still takes advantage of us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »