Home

Awareness vs Play Recognition

This is a discussion on Awareness vs Play Recognition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2012, 04:17 AM   #1
Rookie

Hunsy34's Arena

OVR: 3
Awareness vs Play Recognition

Never really put much thought into it until now when I have to improve my players using the experience points I get. These two things just seem to be the same thing to me. Is there really a difference for cornerbacks recognizing the play of either play action, run or pass. Where does the awareness come into play? Is it when the ball is in the air? But isn't that what man coverage rating is for. I wish they would break this down for us so I know exactly which one to build up. Same goes for blocking with the run, pass blocking but they have impact blocking too. Should just simplify it. Then also people say awareness only comes into play when games are simmed not when they are actually played.

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/9.../_online.html#
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 05:53 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Awareness vs Play Recognition

In my experience, Awareness seems to handle how "aware" a player is of the position of the ball in general, as such, it is very important for defensive players in general, it seems to have an impact on how a player performs when not being controlled by the player.

Play Recognition seems to be more oriented toward the play the opponent calls, determining whether it's run or pass, especially important against draws and PA, and it helps your DBs and LBs to jump routes, while the coverage rating just seems to determine separation through cuts and moves, but of course, all of this is basically guesswork since it's tough to get solid data on any of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »