Home

My D has been terrible lately

This is a discussion on My D has been terrible lately within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2012, 02:37 AM   #1
Banned

jaybird2585's Arena

OVR: 9
My D has been terrible lately

I've been playing online a lot lately, and it seems like my D becomes worse with every game I play. I can't get pressure with my D line(5,4, or 3 lineman). I sure as hell can't stop the run(3-4, 46, 5-2, nickel:normal, 3-3, 1-5-5, dime or quarter). No matter what D is play, there seem to always be holes, especially to the outside. My guys can't tackle to save their lives. Also, my corners, safeties, and linebackers can't play man, especially on routes were the receivers make cuts. I see my opponents run man were their defenders stick to my receivers like glue, no separation, no matter what routes. I usually run cover 2 man, depending on my formation, maybe a purple zone on each side, with a yellow over the middle. The past week has been frustrating, having the hardest time stopping anyone.

Also, I haven't been able to establish much of a run game on here. Seem like my O line always allows at least one guy through untouched, I can't break these runs to the outside, nor do I have success with actually breaking a tackle.

I usually play with WISC, OREG, SCAR, or try to match up evenly, but haven't found much success lately. As far as the Aggress/Conserv setting, usually I have my Pass D to Agg, through I do routinely set it to conserv, and I don't change much else. On O, catching is conserv, and I don't touch anything else usually. I just need some hints, I've lost about 12 of my last 15 or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: My D has been terrible lately

The best defense on this game is a good offense.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
Rookie

Finren84's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemTiger
I beg the differ where I take pride on playing good defense. A good offense will keep your defense resting but if you can't stop anyone, having a good offense is not gonna matter. I play with FSU and the 4-3 base defense works well for me. They also have a lot speed on that side of the ball which helps. I get a quite of few coverage sacks. I keep my big hits on conservative so my guys get sound tackles. And my zone on conservative. I play a lot of man defense and make sure I press. I will disguise my man look with zone as well. Pressing my corners to look like man. I also play zone but change my corner coverage to man to help with any comeback routes. I play the pass decent. I rather give up the underneath routes then anything over the top. Stopping the run depends on what personnel they got. If the are playing a power formation I go in with the 4-4 and spreading my linebackers and crashing my line to a side of the strong side. If the cut back make sure you have the corners near the line of scrimmage. In a 4-3 make sure you have a safety down at the line of scrimmage. If they are an option team. Blitz a linebacker and spy another. Have your de on contain or set your line to crash the edge. All this has helped me. I give up an average of 45 yards a game rushing and under 200 through the air. I play the clock. No no-huddle for me, only when it's needed, 2 minute offense at end of halves. It just takes a lot of practice. You on ps3 or Xbox? I'm more then willing to play some unranked matches to help. I'm on ps3

Last edited by Finren84; 10-17-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
Banned

jaybird2585's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finren84
I beg the differ where I take pride on playing good defense. A good offense will keep your defense resting but if you can't stop anyone, having a good offense is not gonna matter. I play with FSU and the 4-3 base defense works well for me. They also have a lot speed on that side of the ball which helps. I get a quite of few coverage sacks. I keep my big hits on conservative so my guys get sound tackles. And my zone on conservative. I play a lot of man defense and make sure I press. I will disguise my man look with zone as well. Pressing my corners to look like man. I also play zone but change my corner coverage to man to help with any comeback routes. I play the pass decent. I rather give up the underneath routes then anything over the top. Stopping the run depends on what personnel they got. If the are playing a power formation I go in with the 4-4 and spreading my linebackers and crashing my line to a side of the strong side. If the cut back make sure you have the corners near the line of scrimmage. In a 4-3 make sure you have a safety down at the line of scrimmage. If they are an option team. Blitz a linebacker and spy another. Have your de on contain or set your line to crash the edge. All this has helped me. I give up an average of 45 yards a game rushing and under 200 through the air. I play the clock. No no-huddle for me, only when it's needed, 2 minute offense at end of halves. It just takes a lot of practice. You on ps3 or Xbox? I'm more then willing to play some unranked matches to help. I'm on ps3
Thanks, I've always thought about running with FSU, but never have online. But as you said they do have a lot of speed, and I know their front 4 is very good. The thing that gets me is when I run man, and press my corners, they always get burnt right away from the line of scrimmage. Yet when I try to hot route my receivers to go against a press man, they are covered with no separation. I try what you said, it sounds good, and I need any kind of a break I can get now. I'm on PS3, my name is jaybird8525.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
Banned

jaybird2585's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemTiger
I know what you mean especially since the game is favored more towards offense. But I just haven't been able to stop anyone, and it hasn't matter what I do on Off anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

I like the 3-4 base defense better than the 4-3 since i prefer to have more speed/linebackers on the field instead of an extra defensive tackle.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
Rookie

goalkeepr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird2585
I'm on PS3, my name is jaybird8525.
Man, that's confusing!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »