Home

Press Coverage is terrible in 13

This is a discussion on Press Coverage is terrible in 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Press Coverage is terrible in 13

If the opponent runs a streak or a slant, they can bullet a pass in there once the receiver gets off the line, and its probably going for six if you are in man. I have Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman in a CCM, both 94+ in Press, yet Mario Manningham and Doug Baldwin beat it with such ease as long as they run streaks. Two great corners just getting beat like a drum by terrible receivers. If anyone has any tips to stop the bullet streak...because PRESS CANNOT DO IT and in short yardage you automatically have to sit back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Rookie

simsdog's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Press Coverage is terrible in 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstar12
If the opponent runs a streak or a slant, they can bullet a pass in there once the receiver gets off the line, and its probably going for six if you are in man. I have Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman in a CCM, both 94+ in Press, yet Mario Manningham and Doug Baldwin beat it with such ease as long as they run streaks. Two great corners just getting beat like a drum by terrible receivers. If anyone has any tips to stop the bullet streak...because PRESS CANNOT DO IT and in short yardage you automatically have to sit back.
I only use press coverage if I'm doing a real quick lb blitz to hopefully not let qb throw it, usually this is in goal line or important short yardage when i need a stop. Other than that I tend to only use press when I'm playing quarters d- man and i use the mlb to roam and cover the receiver most likely to get a quick release. Also in man (nickel, 3-4, or 4-3) if you press your corners and manually put your linebackers in a spread out zone, they spread on the snap, and if the receiver breaks the bump they are usually there to at least make the tackle if not pick or deflect the pass.

Last edited by simsdog; 10-18-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

your concepts are off.. Really the only way to get beat on a streak while playing man is by pressing(except double moves).. which.. is just like real life! *gasp* A corner defending a go route usually plays off his man.

Last edited by Acera; 10-18-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstar12
Do u know when u press and give the QB time your toast?? The only time I press is when I'm blitzing to give the QB the least amount of time possible.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
Rookie

B_MYLES's Arena

OVR: 1

You need to have at least a Safety over the top if your having trouble with this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Press coverage is used to knock off timing and is great for distrupting short stuff. As in real life, if you press and don't have a safety back you will get burned on go routes.

I only press if Im almost certain its a run or im going for an all out blitz and will either get there in 2 seconds or Ill give up a score.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
Rookie

Playing press man to man is a risky tactic, once they beat the jam the WR holds the advantage. After the release the WR can just run his routed, the DB has to turn his hips and then run. Significant advantage for WR, which is why teams give safety help over the top.

With press m2m you need the pass rush to hit home quick, or safety help, otherwise its a big play waiting to happen.

Check out the Packers - Texans game. They ran man to man most the game, like they normally do, but the pass rush wasn't getting home and they paid for it. Any good QB can shred m2m coverage, given a little time.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #8
Rookie

I use press to bait other players to toss to that WR, ille bring a safety over the top or see if I can jump the route and intercept the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »