Home
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Sim Style

So apparently jmoney thinks I don't play sim and disconnected during our game when I was up 7-0 with less than 2 min left in the 2nd quarter and driving in the red zone.

The only other person I've played in this dynasty user v user is chillaxation so I want to ask him, do you think I play sim style?

Couple notes on our game j:

I went for that 4th and 11 because it was a 44 yd field goal. My kicker sucks (longest this year is like 37 yds) and it was lagging, so I knew I was going to miss it. I had to go for it.

The play out of pistol where I dump off to the RB and you think is cheese is pretty easy to stop. Just play a zone and leave a guy in the flat and I obviously wont throw to a covered receiver. Pretty simple really. Chillaxation did a great job of stopping it when we played last season and I pretty much couldn't use it.

I played a ranked online game right before ours and threw 2 pick 6's running that same play. It's clearly not cheese.

I can't run the ball against you and my RB is clearly my best player on offense. I have to get him the ball somehow and if you're gonna keep leaving him open in the flat I'm gonna keep dumping it off to him.

Hell, I can claim cheese too because you keep running the same defense and stacking 8 in the box to stop the run. So now you're telling me I can't run a play that counters your defense?

I run an offense that uses spread principles to try and open up the run game. Similar to what Nevada or Ohio St. does. You better believe once you committed to stopping the dump off in the flat and spreading out your defense, I was gonna ground and pound.

This is just a game bro, don't take it so seriously. Playing defense against another real life player requires making adjustments.

I finished out that game btw and only won 14-7 (even though it didn't count it).

I want to open up a discussion here and see what constitutes sim style play to ya'll?

Cause from where I sit it looks like j wants to kick me out of the dynasty because I'm better than him.

I'll play anyone anytime if you want to test me and see if I play sim style.

Last edited by RubixKing; 10-18-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Rookie

jmoney112287's Arena

Re: Sim Style

You are damn right you don't play sim style. Let's take a look at your stats, shall we?

You leave your starters in for the entire game and run up the score despite it being against the rules. There are multiple examples of this, just look at the game recaps.

Your 73 overall SS has 20 sacks through 5 games, and did the same **** last year when he must've been even lower-rated. Obviously you are doing something that isn't kosher, as no other player has even 1/2 as many sacks this year or last.

You ran the same cheap *** play 8+ times in 3 series on offense. 4 wr set, and then you motion the hb out and throw a quick ball to him because you know the cpu can't keep up. You did the same **** last year when we played too, but I didn't do anything because we were hurting for people. You also repeatedly put people in motion to take advantages of glitchy mismatches on defense.

Quit pretending to be in the right here, you are obviously not playing in any sort of realistic sense.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney112287
Hey guys, looking to create a new OD where we all start with 1* schools and try to turn them into powerhouses. This won't happen overnight, so please don't join if you're not in it for the long haul! The following are the rules for the OD:

- Every user must start at a 1* school, and stay at that school.

- This can be in any conference as long as you are a 1* school. Join a tougher conference at your own risk.

- Conference realignment will take place next season, and we will assess doing our own alignments in year 3 and beyond.

- 6 min quarters

- AA difficulty and recruiting first 2 seasons, then it gets bumped up to Heisman difficulty. Will stay AA recruiting however.

- mkharsh33's sliders (mostly)

- Everyone must play a minimum of 2 user-user games per season.

- Must use subs if up by 3 scores or more in the 4th quarter.

- No running the same play over and over again, dropping back 20 yards, or any other unrealistic things.

- Cheating/glitching of any kind will not be tolerated.

- Every user gets 1 restart per season, no excuses required. After that however, the game must be simmed, and you must let me know. Abusing this will result in being kicked out of the league.

- In the case of a user-user game, if someone dc's and you can't work out an arrangement to resume play amongst yourselves, please contact me to work something out. If need be, the team that was winning before the dc will be allowed to play against a cpu opponent. Please take a screenshot for verification.

- Recruiting: In order to stem over-recruiting, players will be slightly restricted in recruiting. You may only recruit 20 players per season, unless you have more than 20 departing seniors. For example, if I have 18 graduating seniors, I can still recruit 20 people. If I have 21 leaving seniors, then I can recruit 21 people, and so forth. Violations of this rule will result in loss of scholarships for following seasons. **Please remember to turn off auto-recruiting to prevent this from happening by accident.
I know sometimes we don't all agree on what's sim and what's not, but the original rules state that running the same play over and over isn't allowed. Trying to keep the gameplay straight is important in making sure all user games are played fairly. It's impossible to monitor non user games, but if you use AI glitches that force immediate QB sacks or you call offensive plays that the AI can't defend than its cheesing against the CPU and if you do agains another user it's just straight up wrong.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Taking advantages of mismatches isn't sim style? I'm not sure what football leagues you're watching.

A lot of my scores get high at the end because I get pick 6's cause I'm putting so much pressure on the QB. Most of the time I'm only up 2 TD's in the 4th quarter then I score, then get a pick 6. At which point I mass sub.
And it looks like a blow out.

As far as my safety goes, I'm sending 6 guys almost every down, if you're only blocking with 5 someone is gonna get through.

How about you stop being a sore loser bro and learn the game of football.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
Rookie

How is it my fault if he can't stop a simple motion dump off to a RB in the flat?

And I don't cheese the CPU, I give up HUGE plays a lot because I blitz on almost every down. Just look at the OS FOUR league, I just lost a game to Auburn 78-35.

Plenty of real life college offenses and defenses do the exact same thing.

Last edited by RubixKing; 10-18-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
running the same play over and over isn't allowed.
I challenge anyone to play me and see if I run the same play over and over. That play is a pretty integral part of my offense.

I play ncaa the same way real life coaches coach, you take what the defense gives you.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
Rookie

jmoney112287's Arena

Your starting RB scoring a rushing TD with under 1 min left in a blowout is not a pick 6... I'm not going to play a he-said, she-said game with you on this forum. The facts are out there, anyone can look for themselves.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubixKing
How is it my fault if he can't stop a simple motion dump off to a RB in the flat?

And I don't cheese the CPU, I give up HUGE plays a lot because I blitz on almost every down. Just look at the OS FOUR league, I just lost a game to Auburn 78-35.

Plenty of real life college offenses and defenses do the exact same thing.
My post was for general discussion and wasn't directed at you.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > Rags To Riches »