Home

I get the feelings ratings dont always work

This is a discussion on I get the feelings ratings dont always work within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I get the feelings ratings dont always work

Playing offline franchise.

Antonio Gates catches a little slant at my own 35 against the Falcons and proceeds to go HOUSE is a straight line untouched with 3 Falcon DBs on his hips at the 50... ALL with more speed and they simply cannot close the 2 yard gap, in 50 yards. Really?

I have the player speed threshold set at 20 which I "thought" made speed differences between players more relevant. Should this setting be higher? I was pretty sure in M12 that the lower the more of a gap was created.

Gates is a great TE, but he should NEVER go 65 yards... :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
I have mine set at 11, but noticed many members playing with it at 0

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 10-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: I get the feelings ratings dont always work

I'm starting to believe Madden just hates the Falcons. I can play with the Oakland Raiders and blow people out. I play with the Falcons and it's like all my players drop wide open passes, fumble the ball, and are simply slow. Then again, it could just be me.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Dude tell me about it. I switched all my lineman to zero ratings and saw no difference. In fact on sim they seemed to do better.

www.timeRAZOR.com
Old 10-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Fatigue? Player traits taking effect? Other attributes coming into play? If it was just all about speed, then DB's should run down a TE, generally speaking, but I believe there is more to it....Antonio Gates is an All-Pro player....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
Banned

californ14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhite1347
Dude tell me about it. I switched all my lineman to zero ratings and saw no difference. In fact on sim they seemed to do better.
I have done tests on this because people have shown videos of QB's, K's and P's blocking ALL-Pro defensive linemen and the Defense always gets through; the defense gets better as you raise the difficulty....
Old 10-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

It's all in the difficulty, and slider settings. I took the Bears defense, and lowered all the starting lineup players to zero on tackle rating, and hit power rating. It had NO effect whatsoever on the tackling. Not until I messed with the sliders, particularly Break Tackle, and Tackle sliders, did i see a difference. I believe this game has always been this way. I watched a replay of a play where the TE caught a pass, and then ran for 48 yds with two DB's giving chase, and neither one could close the 2 yd gap for the 48 yd run after the catch. The TE had a speed rating of 86, and the DB's were speed rated at 89, and 90. Threshold was at 8. The two yard gap never changed. Total BS as far as I'm concerned. This game needs to stop being touted as SIM football, because it's not!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
Banned

californ14's Arena

I believe the difference between an 86 spd and a 90 spd is in the 100ths of a sec....So other attributes could be playing a role and actually reducing the DB's ratings or even increasing the ratings of the TE possibly....

Last edited by californ14; 10-21-2012 at 09:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »