Home

How do you feel about The Show NOW?

This is a discussion on How do you feel about The Show NOW? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 24
How do you feel about The Show NOW?

It was obviously our favorite game back in April, but what about now? Me, I've bought 3 other video games since then. I've even purchased a new laptop. Yet, this very minute, I'm playing MLB: The Show '12, and it occured to me... "Damn, 7 months later, and this is still easily my favorite game."

I've even purchased NBA 2k12 as recently as this month, and I'm already over that game. It's not even close. No game captures it's real life sport counterpart as well as The Show. Heck, even outside of sports games, I have quite a few classics, from Assassin's Creed, to God of War. Can't remember the last time I played any of them. In any genre, no game is as exciting, as rewarding, or as engrossing.

So over half a year since release, is this game still getting attention from you? How much?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you feel about The Show NOW?

I play the Show 12 at least 4-5 games a week. And The Show 11 3-4 games a week. I have two seasons going between both games.

The Show 11/12 is hands down the best games ever in my book.

And only NBA 2K11 comes close as I am in year 4 of a great Heat Association and have oodles of classic rosters as well which are awesome.

The rest are not in the same league. I really enjoy NHL 11 and now 13, I get enjoyment out of NCAA 13 and Madden 13 is a decent title.

The Show rules them all. It is an addiction.

Now I am really playing the heck out of XCOM Enemy Unknown. An amazing game IMO. My favorite non sports game of the year along with ME3 and Borderlands 2. Hitman is coming soon as well.

But as far as sports games......The Show baby.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

Over 8 months in and I still see some situational animations I've never seen, and as always, some really smart baseball played by the cpu.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

OVR: 8

Im just as in to it now as ever. STILL playing my Louisville Bats franchise. Took nearly a month off combined during the real year and I still have 38 games left..sitting in 2nd in the division but leading the wild card.

With that said, you know I'm still involved heavily. And loving every second of it.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

I think the Show is just a great game by itself, and the reason is its replay value. I have also played a few other games that come with a lot more fanfare, but those rely heavily on visuals, stories and how they present the worlds, etc., all of which don't really improve the gameplays and replay values. You experience it once, and that's pretty much it (though that's not a bad thing).

The strategy of SCEA not making the game easier is working well. Whenever you come back to the game and you'll get challenged. AI is smart enough that you don't have to worry about dumbing down your style to sustain your interest.

It's a very well crafted game whose entry bar is only raised higher by the less attention that baseball as a sport gets. It's of course a great baseball sim, but it is even better as a game I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

how do we feel now?? See this thread
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ut-winter.html
Old 10-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I play this game a lot, between the PS3 and Vita. Heck, it's really the only game I consistently play on the Vita; I've got other games that I like, but when pressed for one game to choose from, I tend to go with The Show.

I do play NBA 2K13 quite a bit (on the 360) and that game is bliss for a basketball fan like myself. I also rotate in 2K12 and 2K11 for the classic rosters.

NCAA 13 is OK and I'm ready to give up on Madden.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 10-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I've got a couple more hours until I need to hit the sheets, and I'm trying to decide: Finally start my Madden dynasty, or play Game 4 of the NLCS? There's a good chance MLB wins out.

I love it every bit as much as I did last April. Maybe more now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »