Home

Fastbreak defense

This is a discussion on Fastbreak defense within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Fastbreak defense

Has anyone else the issue with especially big men on defense getting down the floor really slow on d. Any team can be beaten easily, especially online, because big men on d don't run half as fast as big men on offense. Defensive settings don't help, is their some kind of fix for this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Fastbreak defense

its not often you see a big man running down the court to stop a fast break, thats almost unheard of...
get better wing defenders with size who can run up and down the court.. lebron is king at this but my harrison barnes does a pretty good job...
just put a body on the offensive player no matter who runs back, any defence is better than none..

or if you really cant handle it, foul as soon as the fast break is initiated as long as its not a clear path foul.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #3
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

Nic Batum. The guy is better than Lebron at actually blocking on a chasedown, longer arms.

- Rick Wise
Old 10-24-2012, 01:29 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is there a fix for power forwards and Centers not excelling at fast break defense?

Please tell me you are kidding...
Old 10-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinzero
Has anyone else the issue with especially big men on defense getting down the floor really slow on d. Any team can be beaten easily, especially online, because big men on d don't run half as fast as big men on offense. Defensive settings don't help, is their some kind of fix for this?
Just play basketball.
Useless thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 3

Fast break defense??? There's no fast break defense in this game. Your team react so stupid getting back and by the time they notice it's a fast break the opponent is already past them. Smh
Old 10-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinzero
Aside from removing that artificial delay that happens when you know a fastbreak is about happen? The delay where the player you're controlling doesn't respond to your stick movement immediately, or they run like molasses for the first 2-3 seconds.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #8
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I've noticed the issue -- I wouldn't say its a delay though. It seems to happen due to your players literally jogging back on D allowing someone to leak out almost every time. I can understand if the shooter followed his shot but he doesn't -- he just lets his man take off and he either does a funky animation before turning or just turns and jogs. I can understand every once in awhile someone leaks but this happens every time.

I just want to know what causes it and if I can fix it. I have to play the demo to see if this was in there and I wasn't paying attention.

Hopefully it can be fixed by tweaking tendencies and doesn't require a patch -- something that normally drops at the end of November.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »