Home

coach profiles are what matters now

This is a discussion on coach profiles are what matters now within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
coach profiles are what matters now

OK, I have watched about 25 games and played over 15 games, and im starting to think general sliders do very little as far as game play and how the players play, its more about the coach profiles, and individual player sliders, the general sliders only need to be at 50 for the most part except for the fouls, and game speed 52, sliders dont do much, if you want to make the gameplay the same for most teams go into coach profiles and make a lot of the individual settings the same, but general sliders im afraid are not really making a difference, it depends on coach profiles, and the team you are playing with, try playing the 85 celtics than the 97 jazz and you will see night and day how the AI plays with both, it sucks we have to try all this slider bs, when the truth is 50 for com and user is just fine, except for fouls, hope this helps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: coach profiles are what matters now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj68
OK, I have watched about 25 games and played over 15 games, and im starting to think general sliders do very little as far as game play and how the players play, its more about the coach profiles, and individual player sliders, the general sliders only need to be at 50 for the most part except for the fouls, and game speed 52, sliders dont do much, if you want to make the gameplay the same for most teams go into coach profiles and make a lot of the individual settings the same, but general sliders im afraid are not really making a difference, it depends on coach profiles, and the team you are playing with, try playing the 85 celtics than the 97 jazz and you will see night and day how the AI plays with both, it sucks we have to try all this slider bs, when the truth is 50 for com and user is just fine, except for fouls, hope this helps
I think the amount of people who say the game is "broken" without using one of the slider sets on here is proof that the default sliders are not "just fine".

Sliders do a LOT, and many of the sliders play off of each other. The sliders are so touchy this year that if you change one tendency by only a few clicks, it can completely throw off the gameplay. You have to find a perfect balance with everything in order to see the desired results.

I know you're trying to help, but there is just no way that EVERYONE who is seeing drastic changes as a result of using an OS slider set is seeing a placebo effect.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
Banned

Smile Re: coach profiles are what matters now

i have not been using default sliders at all, that is the problem, i have tried different combos, the only thing that works is coach profiles in unison with individual player sliders, just watch a game with the 85 lakers against say the heat, then do the same with the 97 jazz, totally different gameplay with the same general sliders, i love the game im enjoying it im just saying all this slider testing on the general sliders does not work the way people think it does, im not questioning anyone who puts things like attack basket at 0 or run plays at 0, if you have those at 0 and you are still getting players attacking the basket, and plays are being at 0 that is proof the general sliders dont do crap, its about coach profiles
Old 11-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
i have not been using default sliders at all, that is the problem, i have tried different combos, the only thing that works is coach profiles in unison with individual player sliders, just watch a game with the 85 lakers against say the heat, then do the same with the 97 jazz, totally different gameplay with the same general sliders, i love the game im enjoying it im just saying all this slider testing on the general sliders does not work the way people think it does, im not questioning anyone who puts things like attack basket at 0 or run plays at 0, if you have those at 0 and you are still getting players attacking the basket, and plays are being at 0 that is proof the general sliders dont do crap, its about coach profiles
Oh trust me, we know how messed up the Coach Profiles are. The 2kInsider has been an embarrassment for a couple years now.

If the Coach Profiles, team playbooks, and player tendencies were anywhere near accurate, I doubt sliders would even need to be used. But until roster editors make those changes, the only way to make the game play semi-accurately without having to perfect every individual teams' Coach Profile is to have the correct sliders.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
Banned

you made my point for me its all about coach profiles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #6
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
you made my point for me its all about coach profiles
No, your point was that general sliders don't really affect gameplay (which they do).

My point was that in order to have "perfect" gameplay for each and every team, you would have to perfect each and every team's Coach Profile as well as every player's tendencies on every single team.

General sliders make over-arching changes to the gameplay. So, if every team attacks the basket too often and doesn't use the post enough, you have to change the general sliders in order to fix that. THEN you can edit every team's Coach Profile in order to make them play even more like they do in real life.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
Banned

its all relative anyways, like i said i did not touch the sliders as far as having post play at 100 and at 50 the 97 utah jazz went down in the post 70% of the game to karl malone, i get what your saying though,
Old 11-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

I know I'm waiting for someone to post some good coaching profiles for all of the teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »