Home

New Sig Skills We Want to See

This is a discussion on New Sig Skills We Want to See within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
New Sig Skills We Want to See

I love love love the idea of signature skills, I had actually been hoping for something similar since 2k11. Now tht we finally have them, let's get some suggestions for the new ones in 2k14 (or, if possible, a patched 2k13). Also, they should ditch the limit. Trying to stat up a prime Kobe is really, really hard because he could easily have five or six offensive sig skills alone, let alone the heat retention and closer he obviously deserves.

Deep Threat (Offense) - When a player is hot, eliminate range factor on a three inside of 28 feet (LeBron, JR Smith, Steve Novak, Jimmer, Pete Maravich)

Benefit of the Doubt (Offense) - Referees are more likely to call fouls on more questionable contact and are less likely to blow the whistle on an illegal screen (D-Wade, Kobe, Ginobili, Kevin Garnett...yeah it would piss people off, but how mad do you get when Wade flops and gets the whistle? Very true to life)

Break Blocker (Defense) - A blocked shot by a player with this skill is much more likely to go to a nearby teammate (Bill Russell)

Nuclear Power (Offense) - When this player gets hot, this player gets REALLY hot. The benefits for heating up are increase significantly for a player with this skill. (Kobe, LeBron, Deron Williams, Larry Bird)

Veteran Leader (Other) - This player gives players on his team a small boost to Offensive and Defensive Awareness along with consistency and gives a significant boost to Team Chemistry in association. (Chauncey Billups, Jason Kidd)

Warrior (Other) - This player has a good chance of recovering from an injury ahead of schedule, can play through injuries that other players can't and suffers lesser penalties for injuries. (Kobe, Allen Iverson, Willis Reed, Paul Pierce)

Off-ball Scorer (Offense) - If this player creates any space off a screen, any penalty from his defender is eliminated as long a he doesn't put the ball on the floor. (Kevin Durant, Ray Allen, James Harden, Reggie Miller)

Shifty Cover (Offense) - This player's defender is more likely to bite on ball fakes and dribble moves, allowing him to create space more easily. (Paul Pierce, Rondo, CP3, Kobe, Andrea Bargnani)

SIGNATURE FLAWS!! I would love to see this. For example -

Ballhog - If a player is either Hot OR Cold, he suffers a penalty to his passing rating and the computer is significantly less likely to pass to a teammate and instead call a quick iso (Kobe, Carmelo, Mo Williams, Russell Westbrook)

Choker - In the last five minutes of a game decided by fewer than five points OR the fourth quarter of a playoff game, this player suffers a substantial penalty to all stats affected by the Closer skill (Karl Malone, Kevin Johnson, Elvin Hayes)

Headcase - In Association, this player is likely to have a variety of problems that drag down chemistry and, in rare cases, make him unavailable to play. Also more likely to suffer random morale penalties. (Dwight Howard, Shawn Kemp, Vince Carter, Darko, Rick Barry)

What skills do you want to see?

Last edited by BigStereotype; 11-11-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Sig Skills We Want to See

I never shoot down ideas but this is the worst stuff I have ever read.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze1201
I never shoot down ideas but this is the worst stuff I have ever read.
What? What's so horrible?
Old 11-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Rookie

I think pretty much all of those positive signature skills are pretty damn good. The negative ones are kind of iffy, but definitely great idea.

Props o'.

...But I do think there was a thread on this already..
Old 11-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11

Most of these things can already be achieved with ratings and tendencies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
Banned

This is dumb and more arcade-ish. No thanks.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
Banned

Also all of your mentions of LeBron are invalid. When LeBron is hot he's just hot. He's a slasher-type player, not someone incredibly streaky or dominant in terms of scoring.

Please leave OS.

P.S. Signature Flaws is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of in my entire life. Not only is it biased, but it's also far-fetched. People who tend to choke don't choke at a consistent basis all the time. That would only make players and the game ultimately worse.

Want something arcade? Go to NBA Jam or something.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalkerxx
Also all of your mentions of LeBron are invalid. When LeBron is hot he's just hot. He's a slasher-type player, not someone incredibly streaky or dominant in terms of scoring.

Please leave OS.

P.S. Signature Flaws is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of in my entire life. Not only is it biased, but it's also far-fetched. People who tend to choke don't choke at a consistent basis all the time. That would only make players and the game ultimately worse.

Want something arcade? Go to NBA Jam or something.
How are any of these skills (other than Nuclear Power) any more arcadey than what we already have in signature skills? And if you really think there are guys who don't fall apart in crunch time, you're hopeless.

LeBron's not dominant in terms of scoring? Jesus, what are you watching?

And what's biased about those flaws?

And as much as your permission means to me, I think I'll stay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »