Home

NBA 2k12 1991 retro roster set (Remake Series)

This is a discussion on NBA 2k12 1991 retro roster set (Remake Series) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 49
NBA 2k12 1991 retro roster set (Remake Series)

Retro Heads Unite !! For NBA 2K12

This Thread is in regards of My remake of the 1991 game by EA Sports Bulls Vs Lakers and the NBA Playoffs.

This is earliest i can remember following basketball with a passion, i was 11 yrs. And Bulls Vs Lakers is the game that most of us played that season. And this is the yr we saw changing of the guard in the NBA.

This will be a part file set. A Quick play roster with all 16 playoff teams from the 1991 playoffs and the East and West All Star teams. So a total of 18 team no more no less. And the other file will be the playoff roster set up all ready. This will be off line download since to 2kshare is down for 2k12.

I have spent the last 3 weeks doing research on gathering game tape from those playoffs. I plan to have this roster set to be 99.9 % accurate . Regarding player look , play style , tendencies and etc. Teams will have accurate short lengths this was the season that bulls pushed the longer shorts look.

I will try to have close enough look for courts and arena's as i always do. Coaching staff and playbooks will be done as well.

You will need to have the DLC or the game of the yr edition to use this.

This roster will be better then my USA basketball / Olympic roster from this past summer. It will be a whole roster conversion from the ground up. Hope it give a new feel to it.

ROSTER DONE AND RELEASED:

Ok this took me longer then i thought just because i kept adding detail to it . All player and coach auido ids are used in game lots of hidden ones. The roster file is for quick play only. There is a playoff file already set up . It is set to control all 16 teams.

I tried to mesh the old ea sport game of bulls vs lakers and the nba playoffs with NBA 2k12. I hope i bring back some good memories for you all. It does for me this was the 1st nba game i owned and i was 11 yrs old when i got it 20 yrs ago today.

Please note : This is a roster mod built from the ground up . So make sure you you have auto save off and living rosters. If not your xbox my crash. This was not built for any other mod but quick play so no season, no association , no practice , not even playoff. Use the one that i have in the download.
Also in the quick play screen hit a to pick teams not start. Also do not hit Left trigger and Right trigger to get radom team since there is only 18 teams the game will crash.

The folder with files contain 5 files
1. quick play roster
2. playoff roster
3. nike id
4. settings file
5. custom made file game cover.
6. NBA on NBC & NBA on TNT theme for in game use.

If you want to follow what happen in those playoffs game by game to re-create history use this link.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...playoffs::none

Game Files released on 12/24/2012
http://www.gamefront.com/file/22781159/1991_Roster_Set
http://forums.nba-live.com.php?view=detail&df_id=
Updated set 01/22/2013
http://www.gamefront.com/file/228756...oster+Set+GOTY

If you enjoy the roster and like my work. Please show it with a donation.

Big Thanks To Those Who Have Donated:
Rosebud
GrayT531
bigdaddie
jdgomoney

Below are some pic's and video of what this game looked like in 1991. To all the young bucks on here that dont understand why we do retro roster. This was consider realistic back in the day.

Last edited by hokupguy; 06-06-2016 at 07:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
All Star

Re: NBA 2k12 1991 retro roster set (Remake Series)

I will use this post , if i need to any suggestion on player look a likes or anything.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

As I have stated before in your blog. This could be epic. Love what your doing, real retro feel. I don't remember those playoffs only being 9yrs old in 91. But in do remember the finals.

Only wish you started 2-3 weeks ago. This way we could have for this long weekend.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
Rookie

bobaldo1108's Arena

OVR: 1

This roster is gonna be amazing. We already have 4 teams ready (bulls, lakers, blazers, warriors), another 4 teams with correct unis/courts (celtics, pistons, rockets and hawks). almost all the retro jerseys are there except for 76ers and sonics?? i really wanna see a legit pacers and a 76ers team. should we had cf of reggie and barkley, it is close to perfect...

look forward to the release date.. thanks hok
Old 11-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobaldo1108
This roster is gonna be amazing. We already have 4 teams ready (bulls, lakers, blazers, warriors), another 4 teams with correct unis/courts (celtics, pistons, rockets and hawks). almost all the retro jerseys are there except for 76ers and sonics?? i really wanna see a legit pacers and a 76ers team. should we had cf of reggie and barkley, it is close to perfect...

look forward to the release date.. thanks hok
thanks man , actually i am not using any of stock teams regarding rating on stuff. Doing that from scratch i have few of these done on my personal retro roster set with about 200 + teams.

76ers still wore the DJ era uni in 91 playoffs this was the last season they did. The next season is when the wore those ugly star burst unis which was Barkley last yr in Phil.

The sonics unis are there if you have the game of the yr edition. I bought one about 3 weeks for 5.00 on ebay. You might want to look for it too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #6
Rookie

bobaldo1108's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
thanks man , actually i am not using any of stock teams regarding rating on stuff. Doing that from scratch i have few of these done on my personal retro roster set with about 200 + teams.

76ers still wore the DJ era uni in 91 playoffs this was the last season they did. The next season is when the wore those ugly star burst unis which was Barkley last yr in Phil.

The sonics unis are there if you have the game of the yr edition. I bought one about 3 weeks for 5.00 on ebay. You might want to look for it too.
wow $5 is a good deal for old sonic unis... i will go for it
Old 11-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobaldo1108
wow $5 is a good deal for old sonic unis... i will go for it
yea it was worth but you also get few from early 80's that are missing.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:21 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm still using soundtrack from it during halftime break

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »