Home

Could NCAA Football 14 be the last ?????

This is a discussion on Could NCAA Football 14 be the last ????? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12
Could NCAA Football 14 be the last ?????

this is a very interesting but TRUE article ....

The thing I didn't like was that they went to UNC, DUKE,and NC STATE to capture stadium sounds and crowds

they needa go to Bama, LSU, Florida,Georgia, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Oregon, USC, South Carolina, etc.... for TRUE stadium sounds and crowd noise

http://kotaku.com/5951081/which-one-...pply-an-answer

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
Rookie

maximized98's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Could NCAA Football 14 be the last ?????

As long as the game play stays awefull, and we have to spend hours editing rosters just in order for the game to play decent, might as well end the series in 14. If they could make a good editor inside the game, I would be pleased.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximized98
As long as the game play stays awefull, and we have to spend hours editing rosters just in order for the game to play decent, might as well end the series in 14. If they could make a good editor inside the game, I would be pleased.
I think the majority of people find the gameplay enjoyable, granted if you judge by these forums you might think differently. I would be extremely upset if the series ended. I love the current game. It does have it's flaws but I found it much more enjoyable this year than madden.

Quote:
If the game isn't going to offer new modes of play, and Haumiller was tightlipped about all of that, then it has to play to two unique strengths: The tremendous variety of gameday experience offered by more than 120 teams, and in the compact four-season career it offers in "Road to Glory," the game's singleplayer mode.
That part of the article really bugs me as well. No mention at all in the article of the changes to the current dynasty that have been put into place over the past two years. I for one am a huge fan of the new recruiting with scouting in dynasty. This makes it sound like the only singleplayer mode of the game is road to glory when that isn't the truth at all.
MLB: Chicago Cubs

Last edited by thedudedominick; 11-21-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

When I think about College Football I think about tradition and emotion .... College Football is wide open and very high scoring at time if not most depending on teams and conferences

I think most people want NCAA Football games to have NFL like gameplay but that just isnt how it should be

they should have incorporate a Good gameplay base while still providing that traditional and emotional feel that College Football is all about

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Old 11-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
When I think about College Football I think about tradition and emotion .... College Football is wide open and very high scoring at time if not most depending on teams and conferences

I think most people want NCAA Football games to have NFL like gameplay but that just isnt how it should be

they should have incorporate a Good gameplay base while still providing that traditional and emotional feel that College Football is all about
That's what makes college football unique. With 120+ teams you see a wide variety of players as well as playing styles. Some teams are built to win with speed and playing in space, while others like Alabama play power football and rely on defense to win. It's hard to represent this in a video game. If they can figure out how to get the gameday atmosphere down it will improve the game greatly though.

The other thing that makes college football unique is the recruiting and teambuilding. In the NFL you can just spend money to improve your team. In the college game you have to win in order to get the recruits. When you go 0-12 you don't automatically get the best player coming to college. You have to earn everything and perform above and beyond what is expected to actually improve.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #6
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

You nailed it with your post

NCAA Football 14 should focus on 4 things only....

1. Presentation/Audio - This is what College Football is ALL ABOUT ... really gets you ready each and every Saturday

2. Dynasty/Gameplay - This is where the Upsets, Nail bitters, Key Injuries, and Risky Moves happen .... This is where recruits make your team relevent again, get your over that one team you can never beat, or make your team even more powerful and unstoppable....... Its also where you are one game from becoming bowl eligible and BAM your back to taking notes and doing projects in class instead of on the practice field or Film room

RTG/Heisman Challenge should be removed its so boring and stale

1- Button Mode/Mascot Game should definitely be removed (who plays those anyway)

Removing those free up so much space for those 4 MAJOR elements this series NEEDS plus what College Football is all about

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #7
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10

Me personally I love Ncaa's gameplay and hate Maddens gameplay. I think Ncaa is way more faster and smooth.

I wish They worked more on Traditions, pride for every team. Also dynasty in Ncaa 14 instead of Road To Glory
Old 11-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #8
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

The animations are just not up to par IMHO

the only way to get the animations to really show is to edit the ratings

Do you guys play 12 or 13 ..... I still play 12 because I just couldn't get into 13 for some odd reason but I think I'm going to edit some ratings to bring out MOST of the animations the game has

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »