Home

Grinnell College - NCAA College Hoops 2k8 Dynasty

This is a discussion on Grinnell College - NCAA College Hoops 2k8 Dynasty within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

OVR: 6
Grinnell College - NCAA College Hoops 2k8 Dynasty

After seeing the headline about Jack Taylor scoring 138 points the other night, I decided to read a little more into Grinnell College and their high-paced basketball program. In case you don't know, they run perhaps the fastest offense in the history of basketball as their goal each time down the floor is to get a shot off within 12 seconds of gaining possession. They also attempt to make a mockery of opponents and attempt to achieve ridiculous scoring milestones over the course of a season...and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

I thought it would be interesting to start a Grinnell College dynasty in College Hoops 2k8 and play a whole season with them exactly like they play basketball in real life (ex - Quick possessions, full-court press, allow easy baskets to gain additional offensive possessions, etc.). I'm going to get things started here shortly, and will post updates as the season goes along.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2012, 12:41 AM   #2
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Grinnell College - NCAA College Hoops 2k8 Dynasty

They're rather... let's say notorious... here in Iowa for their play style. I personally enjoy watching it, but that's beside the point. I'm interested to see this play out and see how you plan to replicate their style. Especially with their trap for three passes and then give up style of defense. Good luck!
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 11-23-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm not too surprised to see that guy drop 138 because as previously mentioned, their offense is notable for high scoring. Remember last year, some guy had 89. I'm surprised none of the media guys referenced that scoring feat. I would love to see my dIII school, CCNY, play them but its highly unlikely.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
Rookie

straightedge109's Arena

OVR: 0

Damn, I had this same idea yesterday lol. The only difference was starting a career dynasty and trying to implement it with a starter team.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:49 AM   #5
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

Grinnell College joins Summit League Conference

In a shocking development, the Grinnell College athletic department announced today that their men's basketball program will be moving to the Division I level for the upcoming basketball season. In doing this, they are leaving the Midwest Conference and will become a member of the Summit League Conference for the upcoming 2012-13 season. In the latest twist to hit conference realignment The Pioneers will be replacing Western Illinois University who decided to leave the conference and become an independent team next year.

In joining the Summit League, Grinnell College brings a high octane offense that will go up against the likes of North Dakota State, Oakland University and Missouri-Kansas City. Grinnell College is not expected to contest for the conference title this season, but according to head coach David Aresenault, “Anything is possible and we will come ready to play each and every night!”.

Grinnell College also announced their 2012-13 schedule for the upcoming season…

2012-13 Grinnell College Pioneers Basketball Schedule:
11/20/12 @ Morehead State
11/25/12 Winthrop – Paradise Jam Tournament
11/26/12 Paradise Jam Tournament – TBA
11/27/12 Paradise Jam Tournament – TBA
11/28/12 Eastern Illinois
12/1/12 @ Missouri
12/4/12 @ Cornell
12/8/12 @ UT-Arlington
12/11/12 @ UT-Pan American
12/14/12 IUPUI
12/16/12 @ Butler
12/19/12 Kennesaw State
12/29/12 Morgan State – Cable Car Classic
12/30/12 Cable Car Classic – TBA
1/5/13 @ Morgan State
1/7/13 @ Southern Utah
1/9/13 @ Missouri-Kansas City
1/11/13 South Dakota State
1/13/13 North Dakota State
1/15/13 @ Centenary
1/19/13 @ Oral Roberts
1/20/13 IPFW
1/22/13 Oakland
1/24/13 Missouri-Kansas City
1/27/13 Southern Utah
1/29/13 @ North Dakota State
2/2/13 @ South Dakota State
2/5/13 @ Oakland
2/7/13 Oral Roberts
2/9/13 Centenary
2/12/13 @ IPFW
2/16/13 @IUPUI
2/22/13-2/24/13 Summit League Tournament

Additional news coming soon...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

No Faith Baptist on the schedule? =P

What's your teams overall? I'm curious since they are a D-III transitioning to D-I. I'm guessing that they would be the worst school in the game. They'd be a pretty fun team to start career mode with.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #7
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.C.State
No Faith Baptist on the schedule? =P

What's your teams overall? I'm curious since they are a D-III transitioning to D-I. I'm guessing that they would be the worst school in the game. They'd be a pretty fun team to start career mode with.
Cheated a little bit and made Grinnell College a 72 overall (74 OFF, 65 DEF and 25 Team Unity). Figured I should make them a decent team since its going to be hard enough to win games going up and down the court, jacking up perimeter shots and pressing the whole game.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:32 AM   #8
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

White beats Red 102-94 at Midnight Madness Scrimmage
Friday, October 12, 2012

GRINNELL, IA - Fans of the Grinnell College basketball got their first glance at this year's team as the Pioneers held their annual Midnight Madness basketball scrimmage at Darby Gymnasium Friday night. The scrimmage was very spirited throughout as Grinnell White beat Grinnell Red by a final score of 102-94.

The scrimmage itself was very fast paced as players tried to acclimate themselves to the quick offensive tempo of Grinnell College basketball. The game featured its fair share of turnovers, the defense was not on the same page at times and the offense struggled to make perimeter shots throughout the game.

Grinnell College opens their season on November 20th at Morehead State.

Grinnell College Red at Grinnell College White
Jan 1, 1ST2NDSCORE
Grinnell College Red ()454994
Grinnell College White ()5151102
Grinnell College Red
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Patrick Maher10-204-836
Luke Yeager6-183-1119
Jack Adams4-71-212
TEAM TOTALS31-708-2724-37NA17NANA94
Grinnell College White
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Griffin Lentsch13-274-1235
Aaron Levin8-150-320
Jack Taylor5-100-312
TEAM TOTALS40-825-2717-19NA19NA102

* Sorry about the lack of a box score for the opening scrimmage. I ended up jotting down some stats after the game, and exited out of the game before heading to bed last night. I thought I would be able to view the box score on my team calendar (just like a regular season game), but that is not the case. Don't worry though, more detailed box scores are on the way!

* I mainly played this scrimmage to get a good feel of the entire Grinnell College roster from top to bottom. To achieve this, I played a half of basketball with each team, which allowed me to play with all 15 players on my roster for the 2012-13 season.

* The scrimmage also gave me an opportunity to practice various tendencies of Grinnell College's basketball team. This included moving the ball around to create quick shots, full court pressing and intentional fouling when ahead by a comfortable margin to take minimal time off the clock and gain an extra offensive possession. These are just some of the tendencies I will need to utilize to authentically replicate Grinnell College basketball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »