Home

Getting on "Fire"

This is a discussion on Getting on "Fire" within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
Rookie

NSUDemon's Arena

OVR: 1
Getting on "Fire"

How much is the offensive boost for getting on fire? Was playing myCareer and got hot for the first time and was wondering should I get microwave to get on fire a lot if the boost a big margin.

-Isaiah 40:29

PSN: SidTooVicious

NCAAF: NSU DEMONS/FSU SEMINOLES
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
Rookie

sreckless's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Getting on "Fire"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSUDemon
How much is the offensive boost for getting on fire? Was playing myCareer and got hot for the first time and was wondering should I get microwave to get on fire a lot if the boost a big margin.
If you can pause and go into your player card, it should show you in the ratings. I don't know if that works in My Player, it does in the regular game.

Usually the boost is around 2-5 points in different categories.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Rookie

NSUDemon's Arena

OVR: 1

Preciate it bro

-Isaiah 40:29

PSN: SidTooVicious

NCAAF: NSU DEMONS/FSU SEMINOLES
Old 11-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

On fire means that I'am gona force a bad shot and miss it almost everytime lol. It's too tempting to me. Can't stop myself. I'am like Kobe Bryant. (Please, don't say anything)
Old 11-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
On fire means that I'am gona force a bad shot and miss it almost everytime lol. It's too tempting to me. Can't stop myself. I'am like Kobe Bryant. (Please, don't say anything)
I do that with melo.mwhen ever i see that flame. I pull up for random threes or try to do a couple of size up dribbles and shoot in the defenders face. And i fail alot. But its looks cool when that bad forced shot goes in
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
When I'm playing a game and get a player on "fire" I immediately go to the pick and role. Double off the pick and its a lay-up. Don't double off and I'm going to hit the pull-up.. Works well with Lillard&LA
Old 11-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardknicksfan
I do that with melo.mwhen ever i see that flame. I pull up for random threes or try to do a couple of size up dribbles and shoot in the defenders face. And i fail alot. But its looks cool when that bad forced shot goes in
Lol I do the exact the same thing. I play MyTeam with Melo and scrubs, and I put Microwave and Heat Retention on Melo. He stays hot the entire game and I would pull up from everywhere and get 40 + everytime. Unfortunately I usually lose with this ball hogging approach but I don't care it's fun as hell!!!

Last edited by Lucretius8; 11-29-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

You dont know how much this on fire feature has infuriated me, especially in 2k12. I would heat up online with pistol pete and get him WIDE OPEN THREES and he would be brickin them. This is the second best shooter in history here. I think if you are on fire and you are wide open it should go in every single time. (provided you arent dwight taking 3s or somethin)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »