Home

Do any of you over the age of 30 still collect sports jerseys or sneakers?

This is a discussion on Do any of you over the age of 30 still collect sports jerseys or sneakers? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7
Do any of you over the age of 30 still collect sports jerseys or sneakers?

I turned 30 a little almost a couple months ago. It seems like people in their teens and 20's like to collect jerseys or rock pricey sneakers. Hell, women over the age of 30 collect purses so how would be any different for men over 30 to collect something they like, like jerseys? haha

Anyway, I just have been getting this itch to buy some football jerseys and basketball jerseys, shirts or caps. not many, just a few.I also saw some shoes in eastbay I really liked (some low cut air flight jordans for $89). I feel immature doing this because you mostly see younger people collecting that stuff. When I was younger I could never figure out how to afford that stuff, so I guess thats why I want it now.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
I'm a lot older than 30 and I bought 2 throwback jerseys this year and plan on getting me a few Laker jerseys in the near future.

I'm going to the Bengals/ Cowboys game next week and you better believe that I'm rockin my D. Ware Thanksgiving Jersey.

Personally I don't really pay much attention to what people think when it comes to my enjoyment as long as it is not offensive nor disrespectful. Enjoy life you only get to do it once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 12-01-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I'm a lot older than 30 with 2 kids in college and I bought 2 throwback jerseys this year and plan on getting me a few Laker jerseys as well in the near future. He'll my son called me last night about buying me a pair of Kobe's for Xmas.

I'm going to the Bengals/ Cowboys game next week and you better believe that I'm rockin my D. Ware Thanksgiving Jersey.

Personally I don't really pay much attention to what people think when it comes to my enjoyment as long as it is not offensive nor disrespectful. Enjoy life you only get to do it once

Old 12-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Do any of you over the age of 30 still collect sports jerseys or sneakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw_1016
I turned 30 a little almost a couple months ago. It seems like people in their teens and 20's like to collect jerseys or rock pricey sneakers. Hell, women over the age of 30 collect purses so how would be any different for men over 30 to collect something they like, like jerseys? haha

Anyway, I just have been getting this itch to buy some football jerseys and basketball jerseys, shirts or caps. not many, just a few.I also saw some shoes in eastbay I really liked (some low cut air flight jordans for $89). I feel immature doing this because you mostly see younger people collecting that stuff. When I was younger I could never figure out how to afford that stuff, so I guess thats why I want it now.
I'm closer to 40 then 30 and I still buy a lot of shoes. I'm not as bad as some I the sneakerheads on here but amongst my circle of friends I am the Imelda Marcos. If it makes you happy do it, nothing wrong with buying some stuff like you mentioned.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!
Old 12-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

In my 20's I'd buy a some jerseys (including a few soccer ones), but I've since realized that in my current life I never really have a situation where I'd wear them.

I have my Michigan jersey, and a Red Wings one (Steve Yzerman) I have for wearing at games and whatnot, but that's it now.

I just don't wear them out on random days anymore, so no more purchases for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I do not purchase jerseys. I have my jersey on the wall next to my grandfathers baseball glove and my mom's WBL warmup jacket.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 12-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I only have a few jerseys and I don't care much about wearing or collecting them, but I say do what you want to..

I've got several pair of shoes, but I really wear boots most of the time. I got used to wearing them at work and they support my feet and back more than any of my Nikes or Adidas shoes do..

edit: just remembered you said over 30.. oh well lol.

Last edited by AUChase; 12-03-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Stopped wearing or buying jerseys in my mid teens. I do enjoy having a nice variety of shoes though. Wouldn't care myself a collector, but I'm a bit of a clothing/shoes whore.

More to do with fashion than anything else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »