Home

Dark Souls II

This is a discussion on Dark Souls II within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28
Dark Souls II

Hopelessness, Despair, and Impending Doom Arrives With Dark Souls II

Quote:
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESSWIRE)--Leading video game publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. today proudly announces that the critically acclaimed Dark Souls™ saga marches forward with Dark Souls™ II, currently in development at FromSoftware in Tokyo, Japan. Dark Souls II will continue a legacy of goading its passionate fan base with unrelenting challenge and suffering that are considered a hallmark of the series; while presenting new devilishly devised obstacles for players to overcome. Dark Souls II will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PCs.

Built upon the foundation established by Souls series creator and Dark Souls II Supervisor, Hidetaka Miyazaki with development helmed by FromSoftware Director Tomohiro Shibuya, Dark Souls II will feature a new hero, a new storyline, and an unfamiliar world for players to survive in while delivering its signature brand of unrelenting punishment that players hunger for. Epic battles with gruesome enemies and blood-thirsty bosses await adventurers as they traverse through a devastated world filled with death and despair; only those who are strong willed or cunning can survive this journey to achieve great glory. Players seeking to share their experience will discover a revamped server-based multiplayer mode that will put a distinct Dark Souls II twist on the concept of playing with others.

“Dark Souls II retains the core essence of Dark Souls while evolving to present new twists and challenges that are sure to please longtime fans and attract new comers to the series,” says Carlson Choi, Vice President of Marketing at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. “FromSoftware is going to take a very dark path with Dark Souls II; players will need to look deep within themselves to see if they have the intestinal fortitude to embark on this journey.”

“This new chapter in the Dark Souls saga presents opportunities for us to drive innovation in gameplay design, develop an entirely new story, and expand the scope of the world in which the player interacts with the game. We have taken these necessary steps with Dark Souls II in order to evolve the overall experience of the Dark Souls series,” says Tomohiro Shibuya, FromSoftware Director on Dark Souls II. “The entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our dark journey.”

Last edited by Flawless; 12-08-2012 at 02:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2012, 02:02 AM   #2
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Dark Souls II

Dark Souls was my GOTY in 2011, so it's hard not to be excited by this one.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 12-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Sounds awesome. I do wish they made an "easier" mode for those that don't want the punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Sounds awesome. I do wish they made an "easier" mode for those that don't want the punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ask and you shall receive:

"As we find out in issue 249, the answers to these questions are in the hands of game directors new to the Souls series, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, who have taken the reins from Hidetaka Miyazaki. Their descriptions of how they intend to mould Dark Souls II into a more approachable form seem reasonable. But Shibuya admits that their approach will be influenced by their individual characters. I personally am the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle, he tells us. [Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable. We sympathise if that sort of statement concerns you, but at the same time, we can surely agree that we would all like to see Dark Souls attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls. How it gets there is a worthy matter for debate, but its certainly a noble task."

- Edge Magazine

Certainly a worrisome prospect for those of us who love the series for what it is now.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
Bearer of the curse

Pokes's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Ask and you shall receive:

"As we find out in issue 249, the answers to these questions are in the hands of game directors new to the Souls series, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, who have taken the reins from Hidetaka Miyazaki. Their descriptions of how they intend to mould Dark Souls II into a more approachable form seem reasonable. But Shibuya admits that their approach will be influenced by their individual characters. I personally am the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle, he tells us. [Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable. We sympathise if that sort of statement concerns you, but at the same time, we can surely agree that we would all like to see Dark Souls attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls. How it gets there is a worthy matter for debate, but its certainly a noble task."

- Edge Magazine

Certainly a worrisome prospect for those of us who love the series for what it is now.
That's a very troubling statement.

NCAA: Oklahoma State Cowboys - Michigan Wolverines
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: Houston Rockets
MLB: Houston Astros
PSN: Kaiserwilson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Sounds like #2 is gonna be Metallica's black album.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes
That's a very troubling statement.
I did read somewhere that they would have something for both the veterans and newcomers. My guess would be two difficulty settings.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #8
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Sigh. I'll hate it if they dumb down the difficulty. Other then that I like they're making another Souls game

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »