Home

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING!?

This is a discussion on WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING!? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
Rookie

Mongo14's Arena

OVR: 2
WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING!?

In MyCareer, my game freezes in the load screen EVERYTIME and I literally can't play this game. I contacted 2k through the "Submit a Request" and they gave me a generic bs method that didn't work. How come no one else is experienced this? I've posted this issue a few times and never get responses. WHAT DO I DO!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
Rookie

theSmilingAssassin27's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo14
In MyCareer, my game freezes in the load screen EVERYTIME and I literally can't play this game. I contacted 2k through the "Submit a Request" and they gave me a generic bs method that didn't work. How come no one else is experienced this? I've posted this issue a few times and never get responses. WHAT DO I DO!?
Save your MyCareer and any other files you want to keep to a zip drive, then delete all the game data, user profile, settings everything else. Start back up from scratch, re-download the patch, and get the court and shoes updates etc... Exit out, copy the old MyCareer file back into the save data, and hopefully you should be good to go. You might have to edit your myplayer again but it's worth a shot if you can't play at all. It may not take all of these steps, but I ran into a similar problem and this worked for me.

Last edited by theSmilingAssassin27; 12-12-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

might be a problem with the disc, expecially if it was used since i have bought used games that didnt save at all, maybe you got a semi-bad one so it didnt take much to get to those point.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Mongo14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSmilingAssassin27
Save your MyCareer and any other files you want to keep to a zip drive, then delete all the game data, user profile, settings everything else. Start back up from scratch, re-download the patch, and get the court and shoes updates etc... Exit out, copy the old MyCareer file back into the save data, and hopefully you should be good to go. You might have to edit your myplayer again but it's worth a shot if you can't play at all. It may not take all of these steps, but I ran into a similar problem and this worked for me.
How do I do this on PS3?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Mongo14's Arena

Because I have no idea how to do that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
How do I do this on PS3?
If you don't have a flash drive/thumb drive, they're sold anyplace that sells electronics and are pretty cheap. Plug the flash drive into the USB port where you put your controller, go to PS3 Saved Data Utility and into the 2k13 folder. Highlight your MyCareer save file (and any others you want to keep, like roster, association, but NOT profile or settings, only game mode files or rosters) and press triangle. You will see the option "copy," hit x, and chose the USB device (flash disk) as the destination.

Go back to the 2k13 folder, highlight a file, hit triangle, select delete, and repeat until they're all gone. Then go to Game Data Utility and delete the 2k13 data. Once you've done all this, start 2k13, download the patch and the latest shoe and court updates. I believe you will have to re-create your myplayer appearance, but you can edit that later.

Quit 2k13 once all the updates are done, go to Save Data Utility, into the USB device, and copy your MyCareer file back into the 2k13 save data folder. May seem like a lot of steps, but it shouldn't take too long. I was unable to play any game modes for a minute, and this method worked for me. I hope it works for you but don't blame me if it doesn't haha good luck!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #7
Rookie

Mongo14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSmilingAssassin27
If you don't have a flash drive/thumb drive, they're sold anyplace that sells electronics and are pretty cheap. Plug the flash drive into the USB port where you put your controller, go to PS3 Saved Data Utility and into the 2k13 folder. Highlight your MyCareer save file (and any others you want to keep, like roster, association, but NOT profile or settings, only game mode files or rosters) and press triangle. You will see the option "copy," hit x, and chose the USB device (flash disk) as the destination.

Go back to the 2k13 folder, highlight a file, hit triangle, select delete, and repeat until they're all gone. Then go to Game Data Utility and delete the 2k13 data. Once you've done all this, start 2k13, download the patch and the latest shoe and court updates. I believe you will have to re-create your myplayer appearance, but you can edit that later.

Quit 2k13 once all the updates are done, go to Save Data Utility, into the USB device, and copy your MyCareer file back into the 2k13 save data folder. May seem like a lot of steps, but it shouldn't take too long. I was unable to play any game modes for a minute, and this method worked for me. I hope it works for you but don't blame me if it doesn't haha good luck!
I did all this to a T and it didn't tell me to re-download the patch and my MyPlayer and MyCareer where still there and ready to go. But after looking I saw the "Additional Data" was still there lol oops. I just downloaded the patch again. EDIT: After downloading the patch, I go in and my MyPlayer is still there? Why is that? I had to download the uniforms and Court updates again and my MyCareer isn't there though.

Last edited by Mongo14; 12-12-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
I did all this to a T and it didn't tell me to re-download the patch and my MyPlayer and MyCareer where still there and ready to go. But after looking I saw the "Additional Data" was still there lol oops. I just downloaded the patch again. EDIT: After downloading the patch, I go in and my MyPlayer is still there? Why is that? I had to download the uniforms and Court updates again and my MyCareer isn't there though.
Hmm, could be a couple things. It could be as simple as removing the USB after moving your files onto it, so 2k13 doesn't read them- although this doesn't happen with my game/PS3. So try that to be safe, but it does sound like not everything got deleted. You want to be starting from scratch, so I'm talking get rid of Settings, Profile, everything for good. There should be no NBA2k13 files anywhere on your system (game data and save data), when you start over. Also try removing the USB until you're ready to load it up, just to be safe. Do you only play MyCareer? If yes, save only that file, and if you have a custom roster you like, save that as well, all other files should be deleted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »