Home

Legacy Recruiting Tips

This is a discussion on Legacy Recruiting Tips within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
Pro

sportsfreak96's Arena

OVR: 0
Legacy Recruiting Tips

You know Ive been thinking what would be some ways to spice up the recruiting in 2k8 you can build a team but do you think we could list some ways to make recruiting more enjoyable.So how bout it guys?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
Pro

sportsfreak96's Arena

Re: Legacy Recruiting Tips

honestly now that i think of it why the heck did 2k make the recruiting so boring in 2k8 in the first place i mean you can basically button mash for all i care (unless your really after someone good)your basically just selecting an option between emailing, phoning,scouting, and you know the rest then you just pick the coach you want to do it what fun is that and on top of that if you do an open legacy they give you enough attribute points to max your coach fully at the beginning what fun is that so what ways can we think of to spice up this wierd recruiting (not saying its bad) its just really boring
Old 12-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

The open legacy part is literally the point of open legacy... Career legacy is for building a coach. Open legacy is for having a coach the EXACT way you want him without having to build him up. Want a god coach? Max him out. Want to be the college version of D'Antoni? Crank up offense and have a low defense grade...

I've never found CHoops recruiting boring. It's very simple, but it's a far better system than NCAA Football in recent years. Making it deeper without making it more complex makes it just boring. NCAA Basketball had a great system, but it could be exploited (got the #1 recruit as some scrub school just by sending the house and him living in the same state). It's not deep by any means, but it's also not something that you can be a cheeser with like in NCAA (basketball or football) and get almost anybody you want. It's all about picking targets that you can actually get and trying to get them instead of going after everybody you think you want without any repercussions.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 12-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
Pro

sportsfreak96's Arena

did i say the recruiting was boring oops i meant to say it was repetitive but all recruiting is like that so i got nothing to say and btw thatnks for telling me the difference i had no clue was the difference between career and open legacy was now i know not to rant on about things that arent true
Old 12-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
Pro

sportsfreak96's Arena

one other thing can someone link me to some decent sliders i cant find one thats good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I like recruiting in this game. I find EA NCAA's recruiting mechanism to be too time-consuming for my liking and, as a result, I often just let the AI do a lot of my recruiting.

Not so in CH 2K8, though. I do all the recruiting manually because I can get it done in ~5 minutes per week. It's pretty simple, but it's still fun, IMO, and is the perfect balance between it being overly simplified and being overly complicated (and time-consuming). I will admit that I'm not the greatest recruiter and could probably do better at it if I put more time into it (like playing the ABL), but I'm satisfied with it and have pulled in three top 10 classes in a row in my career legacy.

With all that being said, if anyone has some tricks for recruiting, I am all ears.

One thing I will recommend is that for a career legacy, you can go after world recruits and may be able to nab some three or four star guys. Some might say this is a bit cheesy and I'd be inclined to agree if you go overboard with it, though. In addition, sometimes a high-rated recruit will be passed over and as a small school coach you can steal a high-rated prospect in the final weeks of off-season recruiting.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

I love the recruiting on this game, its great scouting a kid from FR year of high school and getting him to commit. You can get pretty in depth with recruiting, via scouting and playing the summer leagues. IMO it's much more fun when you're a smaller school, you can scout out *3 star guys that end up being great by looking for certain attributes, you'd be surprised how little overall player rating means with most players.

I like to recruit based on my team needs, or to suit my playing style and may end up going after a lower rated player if he's really good at one particular skill, like 3pt shooting, or speed. Through weekly practices you can tailor which skills develop fastest for each individual player, so I like to recruit knowing what I'm going to be doing in practices and look for guys good in the things I won't mess with in practices. It gives recruiting a deeper feel knowing what kind of guys I'm looking for and from time to time I find hidden gems that end up being studs. Pay attention to what each prospect is rated at its position, there can be a big difference between the avg 3* recruits and the best 3* recruits.

Sorry for being so longwinded, I'm still playing the original copy I got of this game when it was new, so I'm obviously a fan
Old 12-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

• Take Advantage Of : Request Game Tape, and Scout Game
  • After scouting games check the players Skill Grade
  • Getting JC's are easy

There aren't really any *Tips* but recruiting JC's is the easiest thing ever... You can get a 5* recruit or just own the recruit the whole year because no one else is interested.
But like I said take advantage of scouting games and always look at the grades that were left by your coaches and check the skill grade because you can get some a player with like a 70 overall rating and you recruited him as a three star recruit.
Also, I always target a lot of half way interested Freshman, Sophomore, Juniors at the end of the season recruiting period because during that time they'll be a five star recruit then the following season they'll be like a three and teams back down off them although they still have the skills.
ALSO, even when a player has a team he's 100% interested with yet that team didn't offer him a scholarship keep in touch with him because pretty soon if they don't offer him anything he's just gonna ditch them and move and there you can make your move. I got a four star recruit following that today and he ended up being a 70.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »