Home

Mr. Second Place: An Autobiographical Tale of Alvin Allen (Fifa 13)

This is a discussion on Mr. Second Place: An Autobiographical Tale of Alvin Allen (Fifa 13) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2013, 01:51 AM   #1
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

OVR: 6
Mr. Second Place: An Autobiographical Tale of Alvin Allen (Fifa 13)

Hello.
This will be my second foray into the dynasty world and my first using FIFA. Games will be important, as it is undoubtedly a sports video game dynasty, but I am highly interested in creating a well balanced story too. I have a couple ideas on where I want to take this, but in the meantime, I hope anyone who reads will enjoy the ride. I now introduce, Mr. Alvin Allen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2013, 01:53 AM   #2
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Re: Mr. Second Place: An Autobiographical Tale of Alvin Allen (Fifa 13)

It’s not hard playing second fiddle. Actually, it came quite easily for me. For a long time now, I have taken solace in my ability to blend into the background and I have been comforted by the spotlight being on someone else. My story isn’t the story of the guy who triumphs to win the race. This is the story of Mr. Second Place, Alvin Allen.

If you are reading this, you are more than familiar with my family’s background. My brother, Allen “Triple A” Aloicious Allen III is one of the NBA’s 100 greatest players. To me, he has always been my big brother Al. If you haven’t realized it, my family is a little obsessive when it comes to the letter A. Its become a bit of a running joke in our family that since our names start with A, we are always first, and therefore, winners. There are my parents, Allen A. Allen II and his wife, Alicia. You already know of my brother Al Allen III. Then it is me, Alvin Allen, and our little brother Alton Allen.

No story about me can begin without my brother. He was born on a warm night in August in 1992 in Chicago. As my daddy’s first child, he was given the name that was passed down to him. Al immediately began to show an affinity even at an early age. He could walk at 5 months and run not to long after. He was always climbing on things, much to the chagrin of my mother. At 4 years old, Al was glued to the TV set watching the Bulls win their sixth and final title. At that point, my parents say, Al knew he was destined to become a basketball player. The rest, as they say, is history. He was a 2 time high school Gatorade player of the year. He went on to lead the Fighting Illini to an Elite Eight berth before heading to the pros. He went 16th overall to the Houston Rockets, winning 2 titles and become the all time 3-point and steals leader before his retirement. He was a first ballot hall of famer, and as of this writing works in the front office of the New Orleans Pelicans.

My story begins not long after my brother. I was born in January of 1994 on New Year’s Day. As my brother moved on from babyhood to a toddler, I was given his pass downs, everything from the same rattle to the same crib. This mentality also carried over to other things as well. When my father put that basketball into Al’s hands, he also tried to pass that down to me. However, everything that Al touched turned into gold back then. For me, it was more like silver.

I did okay athletically, but I was nothing compared to Al. I am not bitter by any means. I actually embraced my role. I was, and am, my brother’s biggest fan. The strange thing, however, is that my father kept expecting me, to somehow become my brother. I had been put in every single sport that my brother had been in growing up. Coaches always expected me to be my brother and were sorely disappointed when I couldn't pull off the same athletic feats. By the time junior high school rolled around, I was burnt out on the football, basketball, and track circuit. It was at that moment, where I decided to try something new.

Last edited by moblipeg; 01-14-2013 at 05:41 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:01 AM   #3
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Name: Alvin Allen
Hometown: Chicago, IL (obviously, haha)
Current Team: Chicago Fire
Position: Striker
Specialty: Finisher
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 169 lbs.
Skin: Brown
Hair: Brown, Short
Eyes: Brown

Difficulty: Professional (open to change as season progresses)
Half Length: 6 min (will stick to this to get through games a little more quickly)

Last edited by moblipeg; 03-26-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Soccer became my passion. I soon developed into a top striker in the area. By the time high school arrived, my coach put me in contact with the local Chicago Fire academy. I quickly rose through the ranks in their U-16 and then U-18 teams and was in talks to be promoted to the MLS team. This, obviously, wasn’t the best thing going on at the Allen household at the time. The press was abuzz at where the number one guard in the nation was going to go to college. By this point, Al, a senior, had skipped playing football in order to fully focus on basketball that year. The school was giddy at the prospect of one of its own being a top college player, and a definite “one-and-done” guy heading to the league. Al always had people following him around. If it wasn’t high school groupies, it was coaches or administrators or scouts of various types. Even home life got a little crazy. Dad had to screen all the phone calls coming to the house while mom made sure that Al could discreetly exit from our back door to the alley as not to be hounded. We were all swept up in the storm that was “Triple A” at that time. I was constantly asked questions about where my brother was going to go to school and what it was like to have Al as an older brother. My only respite became the soccer field.

As my brother rose in fame the local leeches began to come out of the woodwork. One of these punks went by the name of Theodore Williams, but don’t let him catch you calling him Theodore. No, his street name was Big T. Most people were scared of Big T, because he was the younger brother of Damien Williams, who was the sitting head of the 5th Street crew, a local gang. Big T didn’t take kindly to having a back seat to the popularity of Al, so he began to insert himself into all of his daily activities. I don’t know what Al saw in Big T. Maybe he liked having that “thug” image at the time. The streets and basketball seem to coincide with one another, and Al loved the attention. Soon his new found bravado made itself known on the basketball court, and Big T and his crew had made their way into my brother’s inner circle.

When Al decided to play his college ball at the University of Illinois, he took Big T with him. After that first year in Champaign, Big T turned himself into Theo Williams, and became my brother’s agent. Rumor had it that Damien, his brother, had died mysteriously, making Theo the new head of the 5th Street crew. Everyone, including me, was oblivious to this at the time, and soon Al “Triple A” Allen was being drafted in the first round by the Houston Rockets with Theo Williams at his side.

Last edited by moblipeg; 01-14-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #5
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Meanwhile, I soon was receiving overtures from the MLS squad. My parents weren’t particularly fond of my choice not to attend college, but they couldn’t really argue for my education when it was clear that my brother Al was on the fast track to the NBA. I quickly was named top scorer of the year in the U-18 league with 20 goals, and soon after was introduced to Coach Frank Klopas. I began negotiations with the team, and was soon signed to my first major league contract.

In practice I began to differentiate myself from the other players immediately. I was a very raw prospect with little ball skills but at the time I was a strong finisher from either side with lots of natural speed. Clearly our starting striker Santos was a more skilled player than I, but Coach must have seen my potential and started me in 2 of the 3 preseason games. Santos didn’t take kindly to the decision, and immediately began to cause problems within the media. Soon after, Coach Klopas called me into his office.
“Allen, you’ve played really well in the first few games,” Klopas stated.
“Thank you for the opportunity, sir” I sated nervously.
“Geez kid, you need to loosen up out there,” he continued. “Just relax and continue to let the game come to you. I’ve decided to start you in the opener against the Impact.”
That came as a complete shock. I hadn’t even expected to dress for this upcoming game.
“Wow…uh, thank you sir. I um…” I stuttered.
“Just go get ready for practice, son.” Klopas said as he motioned for me to leave.
I was on cloud nine as I left his office. As I turned the corner, I saw that Santos was headed towards the office as well. We passed by each other, and as I looked into his eyes, it must have dawned on him that he wasn’t going to be starting. He nodded in my direction. It was a small token of respect, but to me it was a signal that he was going to push hard to earn his spot back in practice. And just like that, my first rivalry was born.

I soon called my parents to give them the great news. The whole family has moved to Houston at this time, to be close to my brother during his NBA career with the Houston Rockets. They were currently making a playoff push. I got the usual congratulations from everybody, but it still seemed at the time like they believed my soccer playing was a hobby, and not a career. It was then that I realized I may never live up to the legend that was my brother, but that I would make my own way in a second tier sport in America and strive to do my best in it. It was that day that Mr. Second Place was born.

On game day, I wore kit number 2, and by donning that red uniform I felt like a new person. The Montreal Impact had no idea what they were in for.

Last edited by moblipeg; 01-14-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #6
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Chicago Fire Depth Chart - 2012
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
GKTornagliJohnson
RBAnibabaKimmey
RCBFredrichWalls
LCBBerry
LBSejaresJumper
RDMPauseVideria
LDMPardoPaladini
RMFernadezNyarko
LMThompsonPineda
CFRolfeAlexMacDonaldGulley
STAllenSantosOduroFranco

Last edited by moblipeg; 01-07-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:01 AM   #7
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Mar 17, 2012 - Montreal Impact vs Chicago Fire
TEAM12SCORE
Montreal Impact (0-0)000
Chicago Fire (0-0)033

Summary:

The game started slow for both teams. The gameplay hovered around midfield for most of the first half, with neither team getting many chances. As the 2nd half began, the Fire began to get aggressive on the Impact's side of the pitch. Rolfe took a beautiful shot from outside the box which took the keeper out of position, allowing Allen a rebound header for the opening goal in the 66'. As the game drew to a close, the Impact were once again caught out of position on the counter attack as Allen made it through down the side. He sent in a beautiful cross that was put away on the volley by Nyarko. Rolfe added a closing header in garbage time, once again set up by Allen on the left side.

Notable Allen statistics:
7.8 Rating
Goals: 66'
Assists: 2
Man of the Match
Old 01-07-2013, 01:27 AM   #8
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

Mar 24, 2012 - Chicago Fire vs Philadelphia Union
TEAM12SCORE
Chicago Fire (1-0-0)404
Philadelphia Union (1-1-0)101

Summary:
The Chicago Fire headed home to give a thrashing to an up and coming Union squad. Alvin Allen continued to delight the fans with a beautiful through ball to Rolfe on a blistering shot to the corner in the 4'. LeToux would tie the game for the Union not long after, but it was all Fire as Rolfe, Freidrich, and Allen all scored in before the end of the half. A bit of keep away held off the frantic Union team and the subs finished the rest of the match.

Notable Allen Statistics:
8.4 Rating
Goals: 45'
Assists: 1

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »