Home

Sticking with a CCM

This is a discussion on Sticking with a CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 25
Sticking with a CCM

It seems like whenever I start a dynasty I get tired and am not interested in a season or two. I want to build a dynasty and build up a team into a contender. I try drafting players that everyone says they love using but I struggle with them. Any tips for "sticking with it"?
Year 3 - 11-5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nl15
It seems like whenever I start a dynasty I get tired and am not interested in a season or two. I want to build a dynasty and build up a team into a contender. I try drafting players that everyone says they love using but I struggle with them. Any tips for "sticking with it"?
Find someone who you're interested in that sucks whose logo/uniforms you like and try to draft players from the college(s) you like. Trade for your favorite young player. Maybe even try a fantasy draft?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Sticking with a CCM

Chase records with different players. I set multiple records with Bowe in season 2, and multiple records with Charles in season 3. In season 4, I want to work on getting QB Donte Callaway and WR Trent Platt on the path to the HOF.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Really make it your own. You'll tire quickly of it if you're just playing with a team you don't have interest in. I'm a Bengals fan, but like RG3. Didn't want to play a CCM with the Bengals so chose the Redskins and made them how I think they would work. Traded for players, ditched vets for young guys and kept a handful of key players. Chased the sack record with Orakpo and am looking forward to season 2. I feel like its MY team and not just the Redskins on TV.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:55 AM   #5
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

join an online league on here.....cause i have the same issue u do with staying committed to a franchise in any sports game.....decided i would go on the online route not too long ago for the first time....through all the losses, im still finding a way to have fun and meet cool people at the same time discussing football and most importantly, i have stuck with my CCM's and hopefully get in as many seasons as possible before M14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #6
Rookie

oilersfanatic's Arena

OVR: 0

2018 with the Bills(my team) and bring my favs players.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I have a terrible problem with this too. As often as I play Madden, I should be in season 10 by now, but I alwasy restart.

One suggestion would be to mix up your playbooks semi-regularly so you don't get bored. If you have an injury at WR, use a run-conscious book for a while. If you want to involve both backs, use Walsh for a while. If you want a deep to intermediate game as part of your season repertoire, use Vermeil.

You can do that for fun and it keeps your offense dynamic by increasing the chances that you'll involve a wide variety of players in a wide variety of roles. To me, that's fun.

Another thing that's fun is to really get into roster building, all the way down to the roster filler players.

For example, I LOVE to have a WR who's huge and can block, even if he's terrible at other stuff, who I can put in a 2 TE set at WR and run a power or stretch his way.

Or I like to have a Sub DL that's full of 3 pass rushers so I can go to that set on 3rd down.

I also like to have 1 CB who's an excellent tackler to lead my punt coverage teams. Your #2 OLB is also a guy to think about for special teams--ideally above average speed but with very good hit power for increasing turnover chances, or just excellent pursuit and tackling to eliminate long gains.

It's also a good idea to have 1 S who excels in coverage for your dime sets--preferably a guy in 80+ zone with high catching. Most starting SS don't have those skills, but a backup can.

Thinking through things in this way makes it so you don't just have a team with 22 starters, but you have 53 guys YOU chose to do stuff YOU want them to do.

Then it's up to them to execute your scheme and see how successful you are as a GM and as a coach.

A final tip would be to create a dynasty blog like what KB Lover has. Adding the narrative element and chronicling the major developments in the CCM gives it a more immersive feel, I think, and it allows others to be involved in the experience too.

Hope some of that helps!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 10

I have problems with this also, i usually exit out of a franchise at about wk 10 i have never in my lifetime finished 1 year in madden playing every game and doing the offseason, and i've made it to week 10+ in about 20 different franchises, the closest i've ever came to finishing a season was in madden 12 when i did a Cardinals franchise and got to the Divisional round in the playoffs, but then i got too excited for the offseason and simmed like an idiot, now i started a franchise and im hoping this one i'll stay with because i finally found decent sliders.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York Jets Franchise week 3
Wk.1 loss- 37-10
Wk.2 loss 24-27

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »