Home

"Squad Role" to transfer targets ...

This is a discussion on "Squad Role" to transfer targets ... within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
"Squad Role" to transfer targets ...

How "binding" is this?

Sometimes my transfer targets ask for a larger projected role with my club. It is really easy to just select the next-higher choice from the list. But does the game "remember" whatever it was that I promised the player? What are the repercussions (if any) of promising a player one thing, but then delivering something less than your promise? Does this have an effect with morale (and, if it does, does morale have any real effect on gameplay anyway?)?

I just feel like I can tell everyone that they will be "a crucial 1st team player".

Is that right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: "Squad Role" to transfer targets ...

yes. if u dont play them enough they will tell u that what u promise is not happening
Old 01-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

It is absolutely binding and sometimes, quite honestly, it will bite you in the ***. It's just like real life in that regard, so I think it's a great feature of Career Mode.

For instance, I once signed a mediocre striker to my team but I didn't have the funds for a better one. He's now capped out at 80 OVR which isn't bad, but he demands 1st team action all the time, so I think I'm going to sell him during the next transfer window!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

It affects morale, which, while it doesn't seem to affect you in-game, you'll be hard pressed to keep hold of the player as he'll want to leave.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
MVP

Squad roles definitely come back to bite you in the grass if you don't fulfill it. That's why I always choose not to specify unless I'm buying a player for the starting 11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #6
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

sometimes you can offer them more money for a lesser role. I have had a couple bite on it. Otherwise just look for an older player that looks like they are capped or almost capped out overall wise.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

OK ... bummer ...

It makes it difficult to sign a "promising youngster" kind of player - I do not want to promise them "crucial 1st team action" if they are really more of a "future investment". I make an effort to rotate my squad as it is (I like to get everyone some minutes) - so maybe it will be OK for me.

I thought there were two (separate) reasons for the "no" ...

(1) "What will be my role in the squad?"

and

(2) "I do not want to move but I could be persuaded"

I thought that you fixed (1) by promising a larger role and you fixed (2) by offering a larger weekly salary. Are you saying that I can also fix (1) by simply offering more money?

And I always give 15% or 20% on the bonus - I have yet to see how this actually makes its way into the accounting - does it have any real effect on a player's willingness to agree to a deal?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
MVP

I always choose "do not specify" unless the player demands to know his role. I don't give any bonuses either. Sounds like you can choose "squad rotation" or "future first team player" those roles seem to fit what you're looking for

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »