Home

Put the Camera behind the Defense while on Defense

This is a discussion on Put the Camera behind the Defense while on Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Put the Camera behind the Defense while on Defense

I'm John Madden Footballer since the very beginning of its DNA.
played it in 1988! owned the box and disc and book since 1988.

Concerning Defense I played starting LineBacker in school & TE.
As far as Madden, to me I always wanted Football to feel as real as possible. if I play Offense in Madden with the camera behind the Offense its pretty dam good game play. That is if I'm on Offense.

Yet, when I am playing Defense, I am still subjected to using the camera behind Offense Camera View.
((Offense on bottom of screen: Defense on top of the screen))

This classical view is way OLD!! and way Out of touch while on DEFENSE!
To me: The Camera behind the DEFENSE while on Defense is by far the better view while on Defense.
((Defense on the bottom of the screen: Offense on top))

Why they put this view in and then took it out!? we were playing in this view just fine, and if you can't play Camera behind Defense view while on DEFENSE then go back to playing Offense! so you can use the Camera behind Offense view.

In moving on:
It is time for a Upgrade of this franchise because it definitely needs it. It bothers me, that NCAA Football get more things right in my opinion! than
Madden!

I hate games that takeaway Options and customization of the game.
Don't take away my options! give me more! You got to understand I started playing this game in 1988!!!! Its freaking 2013!! they suppose to give us more customization!! and more options!!! I should have the choice!! and freedom to play Madden in any View I like on Defense and Offense.
The same view I can play on Offense i should have that same view on Defense!!!!

Change the game towards Offense have to play behind the Defense view!!!
(((Defense on the bottom of the screen: Offense on top))

and see how many will like that!!! but fair is fair, all views should be available to every last Madden player! in History!

Next Motion:
This is what I don't understand!
We're paying Twice more for the same game franchise Brand New yet we have more problems!!!!? are you freaking kidding Me!!!!!!!

Back in the day (1988-1993) Madden worked! no one never had to say anything about a Broken game, it just work! and just like today!! you have Way more people buying Madden! than in the 80's!! way more supporters!! way more Hype! way more Buzz!!! no way near as many Parents frowning down because your playing Madden!!! like if they never heard of it before!!! and on top of all that the price has double!!! and they telling me they still can't make a freaking working Madden title with no bugs!!!! and its
25years later!

Enough of that
Please give the world back while on Defense the Camera behind Defense view, or put me on the Quality Assurance Team please so we can straighten this game out!! & give the WORLD! the Madden Gameplay that it deserves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Put the Camera behind the Defense while on Defense

if the camera was behind the defense it would be really difficult to play defense

what will the camera do if your controlling the defensive tackle and the CPU throws a deep bomb? BACK OUT? that would be really bad in my opinion
Old 02-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
if the camera was behind the defense it would be really difficult to play defense

what will the camera do if your controlling the defensive tackle and the CPU throws a deep bomb? BACK OUT? that would be really
bad in my opinion
Play NCAA. It's like that, and I think it's way easier, not to mention more realistic
Old 02-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
Play NCAA. It's like that, and I think it's way easier, not to mention more realistic
What are you talking about? Madden and NCAA have the same cameras. Unless your talking about road to the heisman or whatever its called where they have that specific player camera, which would be an irrelevent thing to compare because the original poster was talking about normal gameplay.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Honestly, I would never touch the game again if they made defense play backwards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
Rookie

macca2509's Arena

OVR: 2

Would be nice to have the option tho, best of both worlds....
Old 02-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

BleedGreen: Much respect to your post by the way.

(((if the camera was behind the defense it would be really difficult to play defense

what will the camera do if your controlling the defensive tackle and the CPU throws a deep bomb? BACK OUT? that would be really bad in my opinion))

I don't see it as difficult as play. Yes its has a learning curve just like the thousands and millions gamethat exist in history. Its a Mastery to learn yes, but its more closer to the REAL thing as far as playing DEFENSE. That is exactly how we had to learn it.

Actually Mr.Bleed Madden and NCAA do not have the exact same cameras, at least not in the defensive point of view, and I think just this year
Madden 13 is just using zoom. In which NCAA had a close of view all along. Madden began backing out the view like in Madden 12.

TheBleedingRed21: Actually, that isn't Backwards.
Its actually the correct way. When i play Linebacker in real life I am facing the Offense. I am not looking down at the Offense. I'm seeing them infront of me. So in actuality, the way Madden defensive play is set now is Backwards according to real life standards. The game suppose to be growing closer to real life not staying away from it.

Now remember I agree with customization, I feel the game should be played from your point of view as well as Mine.

I don't agree with just putting in my option to play and that is it.
I want to be able to have my option included a long with the original classic top down defensive play

Last edited by AncientEgypt; 02-17-2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: reworked
Old 02-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

I wouldn't use that function unless I was playing as an individual player. But I haven't done that in years anyway

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »