Home

A Question about Foreign Prospects in a 30-team NBA Association

This is a discussion on A Question about Foreign Prospects in a 30-team NBA Association within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
A Question about Foreign Prospects in a 30-team NBA Association

This is a question I posted in Bedwardsroy's 30-team NBA 2k13 association thread a week ago, but that thread appears to be dead, so I did not receive an answer. Instead I'll ask again here:

In Bed's 2k12 help guide he mentions having players "stashed overseas." Now obviously, 2k doesn't allow prospects to stay overseas so I'd have to do something manually.

My two options (I think) are:

A) Draft the prospect. Keep him on a reserve spot in my rotation. Each year, I edit his contract so he's still on his full rookie deal. Then, in two or three years I have him play for the team. Only issue is that he's not considered a rookie.

B) I draft him, make note of said drafting, and then don't sign him. That way he sits in FA, I can make sure no one signs him, and he stays a rookie, as he hasn't accrued a year of NBA service (I think that's how it works, correct me if I'm wrong). Then, when the prospect is ready to come over to the US, I just have the team sign him.

I'm leaning towards option (B) right now. If you guys have any other suggestions, please let me know!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: A Question about Foreign Prospects in a 30-team NBA Association

B, if you have player roles on the player would most likely eventually want some playing time and when he doesn't get it he's going to get mad.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
Rookie

All right, thank you very much!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:51 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I do B all the time, unfortunately you can't 'draft and stash' players, or even relegate them to the D-League since that was eliminated
Old 03-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragula15
I do B all the time, unfortunately you can't 'draft and stash' players, or even relegate them to the D-League since that was eliminated
Yeah, that's what I used to do in the past. I'm hoping they bring it back next year. Hell, I'm looking for ANY improvements in NBA 2k14. Is it bad that when anything goes wrong with 2k13, I blame Jay-Z?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »