Home

Retiring MLB 12 tonight. Favorite moment from MLB 12?

This is a discussion on Retiring MLB 12 tonight. Favorite moment from MLB 12? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
Rookie

Williekemp15's Arena

OVR: 3
Retiring MLB 12 tonight. Favorite moment from MLB 12?

Playing one last game tonight with this past years rosters with a nice Braves-Phillies game. Ive enjoyed this game over the last year greatly and look forward to picking up 13 on tuesday. Whats been everyone's favorite moment from MLB 12? Mine was taking the KC Royals in my franchise to the World Series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #2
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Retiring MLB 12 tonight. Favorite moment from MLB 12?

Coming back to beat the Tigers in Game 7 with a Jon Jay walk off homer on my final out.
Spoiler

Hitting the scoreboard at Marlins Park.
Spoiler

A-Rod doing the moonwalk.
Spoiler

Last edited by sydrogerdavid; 03-02-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #3
Rookie

D0GGERT D0G's Arena

OVR: 4

22 inning game vs the Cardinals as the Giants. Lost but still a heck of a game to play!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Walk off grand slam in the bottom of the 14th after a terrible 5 game losing streak, we were down by 6 to start the inning... I had so much goosebumps once I saw the camera showing my player enjoying the view right off the bat.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #5

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

My guys RTTS. Especially when I added custom music for his home runs and walkup music, so it was always fun having my guy step up to the plate in home games, and when he got home runs.

Just sucks how much time it takes up, so it's hard to really get deep in your career since even just 1 game takes up like 5-10 mins and I don't wanna sim, cause the whole reason of playing is so your guy preforms how you want him to, not how the simming makes him(since I can put up better numbers with my guys than the simming will do)

With the new fielding stuff in RTTS, I really wanna have another fielder in the game, but might decide to just create a SP and play only 1 start per month. So it'd only take like 3hrs to get through each season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2013, 12:13 AM   #6
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

My collection of bloopers.

Spoiler
Old 03-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #7
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Ah yes. My most memorable game of The Show '12 was probably my most memorable of any baseball videogame. Luckily, I wrote down the details since it was such a great game.

Milwaukee Brewers vs. San Francisco Giants. NLCS, Game 5, Giants up 3-1 in the series. I wasn't the Giants.

Up 5-0 on the road and looking to extend the series. 8th inning, bring in Veras to set up. He gives up 1 run. No worries.

Up 5-1 in the bottom of the 9th, bring in Axford to close and the whole sweater starts to unravel. He (and subsequent relievers) give up 2 runs and I'm starting to sweat and cuss my controller, the Giants, and everything else in the world.

Up 5-3 with 2 on and 2 out. We are one out away from getting out of this game, and they are one out away from going to the World Series. Brandon Belt steps up and blasts one out of the park down the right field line to win the game for the Giants in heroic fashion. I set down my controller to avoid smashing it against my skull. But wait just a minute... The umps have a conference for a while and replay shows that it was a foul ball.

That moment was so epic for me. We went on to win that game but eventually lose the series, but that one stunning double-reversal was just unforgettable.

Last edited by Anaxamander; 03-02-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #8
Rookie

Williekemp15's Arena

OVR: 3

didnt mention how i won the world series with the Royals.. signed Juan Uribe towards mid of season as a backup guy and in the World Series vs the Phillies, Alex Gordon got hurt and had to bring in Uribe (who i hadnt played any in the playoffs) comes up in the 9th inning and hit a walk off homer to win the world series! one of the most epic moments ive had in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »